Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

That MyFC....

PatMan

Some of them who have posted here need to stop, look at what is happening and think again...

"Hi, I am a MyFC member, and I am glad we are taking over your team - would hate it to been my side" seems to be a common opening line. In that case, why did you give £35 to the website? Why not just hand the £35 quid straight to the Fleet Trust - a PROPER fans trust? You would have been made much more welcome, more of your money would have gone to the club, and you will have as much say in running the club and team as you have with MyFC (which, lets face it - is going to be eff all)

Originally Posted By: PatMan
...you will have as much say in running the club and team as you have with MyFC
(which, lets face it - is going to be eff all)

So, eff all part in running club,

so WHAT is your concern then? laugh

2 faced and not very factual either.
Poor post.

Originally Posted By: fugazi
...you will have as much say in running the club and team as you have with MyFC
(which, lets face it - is going to be eff all)

So, eff all part in running club,

so WHAT is your concern then? laugh

2 faced and not very factual either.
Poor post.

My concern, is that you have no interest in the long term benfits of the club unless its successful. You will pour money in (ta muchly) but when things dont go as promised, its bye-bye Fleet - the players we enabled you to buy and give contracts to are now nothing to do with MyFC - find the money elsewhere!

Unless you can prove me wrong? No? Wheres your facts now?

Originally Posted By: Live4ever
I don't think any MYFC members knew about the Fleet Trust until yesterday.

But if we're "going to have f all say in what happens" anyway, what are you worried about? You have just got a load of dosh and media coverage for nothing. The Fleet Trust is a drop in the ocean.

Am sure the Fleet Trust will appreciate that comment! At least Fleet Trust will be here in the future, they wont suddenly decide to change sides!

My concern, is that you have no interest in the long term benfits of the club unless its successful. You will pour money in (ta muchly) but when things dont go as promised, its bye-bye Fleet - the players we enabled you to buy and give contracts to are now nothing to do with MyFC - find the money elsewhere!

Won't happen - indeed can't happen

Unless you can prove me wrong? No? Wheres your facts now?

MyFC cannot place the club in a financially vulnerable position. Any contracts would have to be based on actual income not projected (and think about it - £700,000 buys a lot of player in the Conference - I believe it is more than the wages of the entire playing squad)
Secondly - there are proposals already for the establishment of a reserve fund to protect the club in just such an eventuality as outlined above.

Ah, that's easy: set up a plc which is controlled by the IPS - you can then borrow all you like (if you can find a bank willing to lend to a football club).

So would the ambition be to buy the ground for the club? That might be a good thing for MyClub to do for Gravesend's long-term future.

I would hope that there would be a number of ambitions:

To take action to eliminate the debt at the club

To create a financial footing that allows the club to own and maintain a ground that it owns itself - even a peppercorn rent means that it lacks a fixed asset that any club should have

To move the club forward within the leagues at a sensible pace.

I work for an IPS. I am not sure what the regulatoons are, as I am not in management, but I should think there are rules and regulations that forbid an IPS setting up a company to obtain money in loans for its benefit - there seem to be rules on everything nowadays, so there should be.

You will have to come to Edgar Street sometime to see who has the worst ground!