Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

No I'm not, today's crowd figure hasn't been officially published as yet but if it is below 50 then yes I will be.

As you can see it was 30-42 mins that turned the game up till then we were competing, second half we pushed onto them but a couple of sucker punches late on, harsh on our keeper 18 years old and his senior debut!!! baptism of fire!!!!!

SmithCharles are you a Royston man? ? If so how did you see it?

Smithcharles42 - Were you at your last three home games against Winslow United, Harpenden Town and Bedford today, was there a programme produced for all three games as someone on another's Forum wanted to know.

Originally Posted By: Smithcharles42
Mcmullen
Could you please stop providing information about us, otherwise it could be 12 next time we meet.
SLeB and Kentish Town get ready!!!! (6-0)

SmithCharles, scared that you're going to get found out? Royston were fortunate against us, as we gifted you goals. We won't be so charitable at your home ground on the 2nd of Feb.

As the Chelsea of Division 1, your players must be feeling the pressure if goals don't go in early on and the payroll becomes unjustified. Despite some recent good results, the question is: Can you keep it up? Look at Hoddesdon, what a start and they have thrown away a great lead. smile It's all a question of probability ... and it becomes more an more probable that you too will drop points. With Buckingham and the draw kings New Bradwell to come what are the odds the rot starts sooner rather than later? giggle

Smithcharles42-When i took over in the summer there were some good players but little commitment from some which is no good(1 player managed 1 away game in 9, but all home games!!)We are rebuilding a club that has had many difficulties and whose reputation was not good. There were 5 remaining from day 1, 2 are long term injured and the keeper on holiday, 8 total.

I think it is the constant changing side that gives us our Jekell and Hyde record up till now.

Our side yesterday had 1 x 16years old,1 x 17years old,2 x 18 years old and another 3 under23 so you can seewhat we are trying to do.I think you will agree in the 2nd half we can play but games like yesterday are a great learning curve for them and we shall be pushing at least 1 more 17 year old into the squad over the next few weeks.

Good luck to you we still managed by full time to enjoy putting ourselves up against a side capable of winning this league and with the finances to challenge in the prem.

Top 5:Royston,Harringay,Hoddesdon,Stoney(poss switch 2 and 3 if they stop the odd silly result down at Hoddy) and i'm still backing my youngsters for 5th boxing Bring on Kentish!!!

Are you there Rhodsey, you must be worried about fitness how long since your last game???

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
Bring on Kentish!!!
Are you there Rhodsey, you must be worried about fitness how long since your last game???

McMullen - I look forward to meeting you in person next Saturday weather permitting unless you do a SteveR, Losingmyhair, Southmidsfan and Petethegreek and don't bother introducing yourself.
No the last thing we are worried about is fitness, most of our players are naturally fit and as HTFCew helpfully points out most of our first team diverted to Caddington yesterday to play for the Reserves. You weren't at the Club when we beat you 4-0 last season in a game played at Wingate and Finchley's palatial Abrahams Stadium and I predict a similar one sided contest.

I'd say that the Copthall Stadium is a lot nicer, and obviously far bigger, than the Abrahams Stadium. Where did you Manage before arriving at McMullen Park this season, you haven't exactly pulled up any trees as yet since joining the Club unlike Paul Attfield at Royston.

By the sounds of it, McMullen is going about it the right way. At this level, when you are not paying for players to play, you have to get commitment from the players. If you don't get it, they should find the bench regularly or not even get on the team sheet.

A hard juggling act to make when Managers are pressured to get results at the same time as establishing an ethos in the team.

If on the other hand, you have players being paid £100+ in wages, the only managing you are going to need to do is make sure the players that are earning alot less than that don't get to find out. Especially when the striker starts to fire blanks. smile

Does anyone know how much Craig Hammond is getting a week at Royston, it must be a pretty penny following his four figure move from Mildenhall Town

£115 a game is probably cheap for Royston as it equates to just 30 punters coming through the gate paying £4 each and guarantees them promotion.