Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

Originally Posted By: Wader
A points loss against the Uzbekistanian is a great feat. I'd be interested to get your views McMullen after speaking to Loui. How close was it?

they were the proverbial 'miles apart'
very one sided - the step up in class was to much for skelton
but at least he had a boxing go

blk_md_wht

Sorry Wader been off line a while work is mad!!!

Yeah 2 different classes made closer by the element of surprise(he tried to box him for the opening rounds and infact won the first 2), he commented that a body punch in the 8th was as hard as he had ever been hit so the lad had power and as far as stamina is concerned there was only 1 winner in the last 3 rounds, this would have surprised them as they expected him to weaken in the 2nd half of the fight.

He's the best champion out there i think Matt could bounce to another champion his display was good enough bearing in mind that there are few other contenders out there.

Originally Posted By: Wader
A points loss against the Uzbekistanian is a great feat. I'd be interested to get your views McMullen after speaking to Loui. How close was it?

Hello !!!

I have continually taken great interest in reading comments on this particular forum about new life at RTFC , supposed facts at RTFC, whats happening at RTFC, assessment of RTFC, strength of RTFC, weaknesses of RTFC and sometimes some utter garbage that doesn't even have anything to do with RTFC.

Whilst I am not willing to reveal myself I can assure you it gives me immense pleasure to see everyone squirming over such topics as players wages, who else is there to come into the club, promotion?, league winners !!, etc etc etc.

As usual as liek many formums it is better to deal with factual things and as usual most things on here about RTFC are upside down or back to front if you know what I mean !!

I could assume myself that this is a sign of intrigue and worry from other clubs and you know what I would be worried because wht is fact is the team have NOT reached their full potential yet.

Bring on the rest of the season !! crazy

You're not Tony Galvin are you by any chance

Oh no no no no no !!

I am sure Tony Galvin would never go as low as making remarks on a general forum like this.

I would class myself as erm, erm, a good friend of first team manager Paul Attfield.

How does that sound to you Mr Rhodes !!?

I've been hearing good things about Paul Attfield and from what I recall he pulled up trees at Buntingford Town when he was there, I know he and Tony Galvin are joined at the hip and come as a dynamic package hence Royston's success since they arrived at Garden Walk in November.

I agree Paul and Tony have worked well together for a number of years and Tony's experience has definately rubbed off on Paul in my view who is young and very ambitious. I think he is mid thirties.

Credit must be given to the team though who have played some excellent attacking football on a regular basis, and certainly what I have seen so far the side would be well capable of playing in the Premier Division next season

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
certainly what I have seen so far the side would be well capable of playing in the Premier Division next season

I don't think Royston should have put themselves in the position of being relegated last season as they are a decent sized Club in a good catchment area, just outside Cambridge, who shouldn't be at Step 6 level in the SSML Division 1, they could easily be another Histon in a few years if they put their minds to it and Paul Attfield and Tony Galvin are happy to stay at Garden Walk in the long term.

Originally Posted By: PB!
Gonna get quite crowded on the way up, thats Royston, Haringey and Kentish Town that should all be another Histon or Dagenham & Redbridge in a few years. Which 1 will make it first????

I didn't say anything about Kentish Town being a Histon or a Dagenham and Redbridge however Royston could definitely be a Histon or a Cambridge City at the very least and 'we' could easily by a Dagenham or a Barnet if it wasn't for 'Sugar'.

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
Hello !!!
I have continually taken great interest in reading comments on this particular forum about new life at RTFC, supposed facts at RTFC, whats happening at RTFC, assessment of RTFC, strength of RTFC, weaknesses of RTFC and sometimes some utter garbage that doesn't even have anything to do with RTFC.

What example do you have of this as from recollection it has all been fairly accurate right down to the £1500 fee Royston paid Mildenhall Town for Craig Hammond, that must seem like peanuts now to the Garden Walk faithful.