Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

ok try this one for gossip !!

1 / Craig Hammond did not cost Royston Town £1500

2/ Craig Hammond is not on £115 a week

3/ RTFC have not got a weakness against pacey strikers ( 5 goals conceded in 9 games !!!!! - thats a weakness lol)

4/ RTFC are nothing like Histon, not likely to be anything like Histon, have no camparison at all to Histon etc etc etc (yawn!!)

I could go on but I'm probably boring you now so you keep predicting, gossiping, worrying, delving, scraping, spying and whatever else but please get your facts from a more reliable source lol !!

Nice to read your comments 'watchfull listener', and theres no doubting it would be nice to get the lowdown from the horses mouth (i notice you were held by the surprise package yesterday, New Bradwell are putting themselves right in the hunt).

I know what is fact, substantial amounts have been offered to Royston players from other clubs so it can only be assumed the money at the Crows is good, although having met Paul at our game over there i found him to be a nice guy so maybe the players want to be taken forward by him at Royston, this will clearly happen.

Congratulations on the past 10 weeks i'm sure the rest of us will continue to watch with great interest, your set-up is certainly step 5/4.

PS. I think i know who you are...... your the mascot right !!! yay

Now that is an honest report Mcmullen and for starters you would never get me in that mascots outfit even if you paid me lol (really not my scene)

I doubt very much as though RTFC players have been offered money at other clubs as it is reported that a number of Paul's squad have signed proper FA contracts. Therefore if clubs approach the players it would sevely contrivine rules.

I watched the game yesterday and you could clearly see why Bradwell have one of the best defensive records in the league. In my opinion they clearly came for a point and were well organised and determined enough to get the point without ever threatening in attack.

Royston had a few excellent chances to take the game but I think both teams would be happy with a point.

Definately one of the better nil nil draws I have seen at any level infront of another large crowd reported at 129 but honestly there clearly was nearer 200 there

It's been 2 weeks now Special1, a nice mid season break of all teams i think we needed it i only hope now the lads can refind the football that had us top briefly earlier in the season. Looking forward to the final weekend in Feb. when we get to visit our Portugese friends(i am hoping for a few less somersaults this time grin), much as i enjoyed them 5 times was 5 to many!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see our rivals held you yesterday, they are highly improved and Adi/Dennis must be congratulated. I have tried to sign there centre forward on several occasions in the last 2 years but he's been loyal and i think should step up in time to the 1st team(Stacey Field he normally wears 9, only 19)

The young lad wearing the No.9 shirt was definitely useful. He played by himself, up front, without any complaints. Put himself about. Got on the end of their clearances more often than not. Technically good. Quick with it. I would sign him.

They put 10 players behind the ball for most of the game and we struggled to finish and get the winner. When we did, it was ruled offside. C'est la vie.

Regarding 'our' game, we're not scoring anywhere near as fluidly. I think the somersaults have exhausted all our energy and sharpness in front of goal. smile I'm thinking of banning them.

Hopefully our new signings can put it right.

2/ Craig Hammond is not on £115 a week

I doubt very much as though RTFC players have been offered money at other clubs as it is reported that a number of Paul's squad have signed proper FA contracts.

We were looking at getting a few of our younger boys on contract when Millwall were looking at a few but couldnt afford to pay the amount that would be required by law now to do so. Need to pay them the minimum wage for time they are involved in club activities (training, matches and travelling to both). This worked out about £60 a week we would have to pay if they were on contract. Might be wrong but that was the way I understood what our secretary told me.

Secondly no offence but why would anyone in there right mind sign a contract at Step 6 and even Step 5?

Did you pay any money for Craig Hammond?

What would people say was an average budget for Step 5 and Step 6 clubs? I honestly cant believe what some clubs give players at this level, I only wish I was playing now!!!!!

I think you're pretty spot on with the minimum wage thing... but I don't think a lot players know about it and I think some clubs have in the past taken advantage of this wink

The figure for Hammond was 4 figures according to the local rag...

Hence, the figure may not be £115 that he takes home.

However, if £60 is the minimum wage to secure a FA contract, we're not talking that much of a difference between the minimum and what he is potentially earning. 1 for the price of 2. smile

I think once you start going down that avenue, you're digging yourself a big hole without a nice sugar-daddy looking after you.

Smithcharles as you are blatantly, blatantly, blatantly some capacity at RTFC there is no way that classified information you seek is going to be disclosed to you or anyone else on a forum, not that I have any factual info on wages despite speaking regular to Paul, there is no way he is going to tell me what any player is or might be getting so probably best to keep speculating !!

Jonno you do speak the truth I do understand that Rob Stewert has stood down from his position as CHairman at RTFC as from Monday morning this week.

Before anyone starts another gossip forum or gets unfactual sources it is my truthfull understanding that is solely due to intense business and family commitments and Mr Stewert will still have an active involvement in the club but not in the Chairman capacity

I take it that you have seen the match report on New Bradwell St Peter's Website, it would appear that 'the new' Royston Town aren't unbeatable after all:

This was no boring golless draw at Garden Walk as the divisions two in form teams battled it out from start to end. Boosted by their team of the month award, Royston were at their visitors straight from the first whistle.

Kicking against the wind and slightly up a small slope, New Bradwell produced an excellent first half performance and reduced Royston to half chances. Shaun Abson was very alert in the New Bradwell goal as he had to punch away a couple of dangerous corners.

Hammond came closest to opening the scoring when a long ball over the top wasn't dealt with by New Bradwell. Hammond tried to lob Abson, who cleverly headed the ball wide knowing that he was just outside his penalty area. Clever goalkeeping.

Bradwell gradually got themselves in to the game with Tite, Coulter and Lee working hard to forge chances for us. Coulter had a shot from the edge of the area which took a horrible bounce just before he hit it, sending the ball wide.

The second half was a more open affair with both sides having a good go at trying to win the game. Craig Hammond almost won it when he was gifted a chance from a backpass which bounced horribly in the area.

The closest Bradwell came to scoring was through a Greg Tite free kick from the edge of the box following a push on substitute Micky Downard. Tite's goalbound effort was blocked. Ed Wheatley picked up the loose ball from the edge of the area and sent in a great shot which the Royston keeper held very well.

Dave Cole had a shot go wide a little later on but in fairness, Royston looked the more dangerous of the two sides and it was an excellent defensive display from Bradwell which earned us a point. Royston almost grabbed a winner at the death when a free kick struck the outside of the post.

Bradwell were well organised throughout against a very young and gifted Royston outfit. We threw ourselves into challenges where we needed to, although 3 bookings were awarded as a result by a referee who tried to keep the game flowing wherever he could. We are happy with a point from a tough away trip watched by 150 people.

Line up; Abson, Mooney, Patel, Stokes, Quill, Wheatley, Coulter, King, Cole, Lee, Tite. Subs used; Downard, Robb. Subs not used; Eglesfield and Kennard.

Special1 - Out of interest what was your first reaction when you saw that result on Saturday evening and heard that Javier Rivera had made all six goals with 60 yard passes through an eye of a needle, this is a player who was interested in playing for you but you showed him the door when he came knocking