Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

Anyway Royston probably don't take the wage bill out of the gate receipts as the new Chairman is supposedly a millionaire so he probably just pulls a wad of 50's out of his trouser pocket every Saturday about 5.15, Hammond is probably on £20 or £30 a goal on top of his basic wage.

Yes you could be right but then there you go with money again, Craig Hammond is probably a level headed sort of guy for all we know and isn't money motivated, he also lives in the Royston area so is probably content to turn out for his local Club and get them back into Step 5.

I expect you could have easily matched Mildenhall's £1500 transfer fee however I get the impression he was also keen to play for Paul Attfield and Tony Galvin, I think there's some history there

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I expect you could have easily matched Mildenhall's £1500 transfer fee however I get the impression he was also keen to play for Paul Attfield and Tony Galvin, I think there's some history there

oh the memories.......Tony.....Tony Galvin......Tony Galvin
on the wing....
we're the shelf side Tottenham

blu_md_wht

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Did you know that Bill Nicholson travelled through a snowstorm to watch Tony Galvin play for Goole Town one winter's night? It shows that sometimes you get rewarded for perseverance and dedication to the job.

see rhodes....theres hope for you yet

blu_md_wht

Originally Posted By: hordes
oh the memories.......Tony.....Tony Galvin......Tony Galvin
on the wing....
we're the shelf side Tottenham
blu_md_wht

Hordes - Did you see my programme notes for our recently postponed game with Royston Town, here's an extract:

We will all be in the company of greatness at the Barnet Copthall Stadium this afternoon and just for once this does not refer to Town’s own Head Coach Clement Temile. Royston’s Assistant Manager is no other than ex Tottenham and Ireland star Tony Galvin who played 262 times for Spurs winning two FA Cup winners medals in 1981 and 1982 and a UEFA Cup winners medal in 1984. Tony has also played 29 times for the Emerald Isle and was part of the squad at the 1988 European Championship Finals, his other Club’s include Sheffield Wednesday and Swindon Town where he was Assistant at the County Ground to Osvaldo Ardiles. Tony has never forgotten his roots when he first started out playing for Goole Town in the Northern Premier League prior to being spotted and his heart is now very much at grass roots level having recently helped Herts Senior County League outfit Buntingford Town reach the second round proper of the prestigious FA Youth Cup. Royston’s experienced Manager Paul Attfield was also at Buntingford and the pair are close friends who have hit the ground running in no uncertain terms since arriving at Garden Walk.

i love your prog notes Rhodes!! Never before has so much [****!!****] licking been done, to so many, by so few.......

Jonno - I don't agree with you there and besides how can that be the case if I'm supposedly public enemy number one on the Forum for never giving credit where credit is due amongst other

heinous crimes. All I was doing was welcoming Tony Galvin to the Club as I think only Royston and Kentish Town have World famous Coaches on their 'payroll' in the entire SSML.

Programmes were invented as a way of giving information to spectators. It is sufficient to mention that Tony Galvin was an ex-professional and international player. There is no need for an editorial to go overboard about it. If a club signs a top quality player then it is fair enough to sing his praises (with restraint) in the club's own programme but there is no reason to get too excited about a member of the other team's coaching staff.

I love it Rhodsey i feel part of things now you have given me that gentle jab in the ribs, 'pulled up trees', it was less than 2 years ago this club were trying to tear Hoddesdon players heads off there shoulders(for which we are still paying the fine!!!), so it has to be said that things are looking up and i still fancy top 5.

As I've stated before the pick of the local players are @ St.Neots or Biggleswade Town as they have the readies and infastructure (2 fantastic new grounds to rival any), so it's a case of getting the house in order on and off the field and under the current chairman the future looks good.

McMullen

Sorry to change the subject but I think you need to stop giving your players that ‘talcum powder and orange peel’ stuff that Wader is giving you it not helping much is it. Try Sainsbury’s they have a good offer on at the moment on the real stuff.

whistle (this was put in by my daughter) no offence intended.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
All I was doing was welcoming Tony Galvin to the Club as I think only Royston and Kentish Town have World famous Coaches on their 'payroll' in the entire SSML.

I wouldnt call Tony Galvin a "world class" coach!! What's he ever won of any significance as a coach?? I think the same sentiments could also be applied to the buffoon that you refer to as "the great one".

I never desribed Tony Galvin as 'World class', either as a player or a Coach but he was a great player so my comments in the programme were fully justified as was the case with 'the great one'. I remember you were wide eyed when I introduced you and Tourboy to Clement at Lowfield last season and you said at the time that you thought he was a nice guy, now you're calling him a buffoon which shows us all your Jekyl and Hyde character again to a tee.

He is a nice guy but he is a buffoon because he is associated with you and rag ass rovers. Simple.

I would not describe my expression as wide eyed either. I think myself and Clement were just about as embarrased as each other when you pulled him away from his conversation to come and parade him in front of me, like some trophy!