Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston appoint new manager

Originally Posted By: The Watchfull Listener
Yawn !!!

Somehow I don't think you'll be yawning when Royston come to the Copthall Stadium for the rearranged fixture, more like tearing your hair out

VERY gay picture, it has to be said.

At first, I thought it was an article on a new local boy band!!

The Watchful Listener - I don't think that press article will do you any favours, it has arguably turned you into somewhat of a laughing stock and also gives the impression you are becoming too big for your boots

Correct me if Im wrong Rhodes but is you who are doing all the talking about winning !!

I consider talk as overconfidence, cheap, arrogant.

If you are as good as you imply good luck to you but I am sure most people at RTFC will just shut up and do their talking on the pitch

Oh and the press give us many a good write up in the local rags, but as you do not live around our way then you wouldn't know that.

Oh hold on perhaps you do as you seem to know most things OR WANT TO KNOW MOST THINGS as RTFC !! (GET FACTS AGAIN LOL)

Royston is a cracking little club with a real partisan crowd. I've been there a few times this season alone when they were at the bottom of the table and more recently when they've shoved 6 past the likes of Bedford. What a young team they have, certainly a team for the future, if they can keep hold of them. I don't think they will get promotion this season though. I think it's perhaps a season too early. I've been wrong before though and they are only a handfull of points below the leaders.

I think they may need a bit more experience if they go up this season as their squad appears to be very, very young. The Manager is doing a great job there. Fair play to him.

TWL Just to clarify something for you. When Rhodes talks about we, us, they, them, ours, yours , his , hers etc he is talking about KTFC and not HBFC.

You will not see anyone from HBFC say we are getting promoted this season. We are trying our best along with half a dozen other clubs and whilst i do not pretend we are not interested in what other teams do we are trying to build for the future and if we are good enough to finish in the top 2 the hopefully we will go up. If not then we try again next season. It's a great league this year and we have met a lot of really nice committed people.

Quote:

Allan Fenn has vowed to shake up Haringey Borough's defence after seeing his side slump to their first defeat in his five game tenure. With the race for promotion growing ever more competitive Borough surrendered top spot and, with Hoddesdon Town winning, the Coles Park Club are now down to third. Now Fenn is planning wholesale changes, "We have the best attack in the league but I think we might have the worst defence so I'm going to have to bring in three or four players this week" he said. "It's nothing to do with the attitude of the lads, they have been absolutely first rate but we have conceded eight in the last two games and some of those goals have been down to bad individual errors". After turning down a job offer last week Fenn has now been given the go ahead by Borough's board to utilise his extensive contacts in the non league game and bring in more players. "I couldn't ask for any more support from the Directors and that is why I turned down a job offer from a Ryman Division 1 North side last week" said Fenn. " I'm here for the long run and I want to get this team through the leagues, we have set a target of getting promotion this season but I won't settle for anything less than the title". Fenn insists that if the Club can hang onto the likes of Chima Obiji and Ronardson Obinna they can be a match for anyone in the middle reaches of the non league pyramid. "I've spent a lot of time in the game and attacking wise we have enough quality to give any Ryman Premier Division side a game. The only problem is that while we might end up with 10 goals the opposition could get 20, we just need to find the balance between attack and defence".

Doug - You say that nobody at Coles Park has said that 'we're' getting promotion this season, I assume that excludes the Manager (see above).

Rhodes , you really need to sit back a moment, read things carefully, digest the content and think before your fingers start twitching.

You have constantly gone on about KTFC being too good for everyone and that you are getting promoted.

My post to TWL was to tell him that when you continually say we, us, them , his, hers etc he should not confuse KTFC with HBFC and that no-one on this forum from HBFC has said we are getting promoted.

I trust this has clarified matters but if not please come to the club tonight as i would love to see you.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
we have set a target of getting promotion this season but I won't settle for anything less than the title".

Doug, or should I say 'Sugar', said that nobody at Coles Park has so much as mentioned 'we' are going to get promoted however it's in black and white above that Allan Fenn has said just that!

HTFCew - The statement is from the horses mouth, ie Haringey Borough's Manager Allan Fenn