Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday Night...should be fun...

First home match for the Fleet since the takeover and was wondering if there were any plans for MyFC members to meet up with proper 'hardcore' supporters before the match to see what mutual ground we can find? I will admit I am one of the new MyFC guys, but have been following the club for a while now after moving to the area a couple of years ago and was undecided on which club to support. I couldn't support the Gills because...well, I'm sorry, I just couldn't. So it became a toss-up between the Fleet and the Chats. Happy to say things worked out for the best. I actually proposed Ebbsfleet as a club that MyFC should be looking at and was very happy with the announcement last week.

So...are there any plans for the Tuesday? If not for all members, then is anyone on this forum willing to make some arrangements for a few of us who might be interested?

NB - I have been a long-time supporter of my hometown club Glentoran and was instrumental in setting pressure groups to try and put pressure on the board there so I do realise how all of this situation might be affecting true supporters of the Fleet. Hopefully we can work through this.

Originally Posted By: Rochester Glens

So...are there any plans for the Tuesday? If not for all members, then is anyone on this forum willing to make some arrangements for a few of us who might be interested?

To be honest, I'd say Saturday is your best bet. Even under current circumstances, a cold Tuesday evening at home to Ramsgate won't bring us out in our hundreds!

I doubt there will be any plans in place - Tuesday wouldnt normally be top of the clubs (or supporters) priorities for the season, given that its a mere Kent Senior Cup game. Indeed, we'd normally play second string players and a few youngsters & its likely to be the same on Tuesday.

Saturday will be the bigger day, being the first home league game since the Myfc issue was raised. Its more likely Myfc members would target that game rather than Tuesday night.

Yeah, but having spent many's a night freezing my [****!!****] off on the terraces at the Oval I can't think of anything better than getting back to supporting a proper football team in a proper ground...

So, are there any proper Fleet fans on here willing to meet up for a pint before the match to give us the 'Fleet Experience' on Tuesday?

Although I fully understand why some cannot attend these games due to other commitments, why others, at this time particularly, would not want to see potential 1st team players coming up through the lower ranks is hard to understand. The club have at least 2/3 youth players for example who are doing very well, and other players to be used in the apparently nonsensical cup comp'on tuesday that could suprise a few of you doubting thomas'out there.It always amazes me how too many of the 'core' supporters fade away to the sofa and comfort of a warm room because it's a "nothing game with second string players" but they can come on here bemoaning their tales of woe about the current t'over and the impact on their beloved club that they have supported since King Charles the second sat on the throne...get down there Tues and support the lads and the club and show those that are presently unpopular on here that EUFC have loyal fans who dont just support with posts but do so with their feet.

Every game is important especially to a club like ours which needs all the gate receipts we can get, a run in any cup competition improves the club funds and maintains interest for all concerned, if anyone can get to Stonebridge Road on Tuesday night then get there and support whichever team Daish fields, yes the League is of course more important and takes priority, but a trophy in the cabinet is always welcome.

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
After last seasons exit at a very wet tonbridge angels , I am actually looking forward to a home KSC game. I would be surprised if mor ethan 300 turn up. The shop will be open and I will also open my hut for any new fans wishing to do sponsor a goal or book away travel

Hi

Can you tell us more about your hut and sponsoring a goal ?

With your permission, I will include your reply in an email newsletter which I send out to members each week, and mention it on the MYFC forum.

I can let you have the url of my newsletter if you wish, but didnt wish to be seen as using this forum.

Thanks