Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southill Alexander....

coupwotcoup

Syd i dont have any issues whatsoever with your committee but this is a forum and therefore a place to make points and comments,im critical of Basildon District Council,TV Licensing and the Cats Protection League but that doesnt mean that i have any personal issues with the Directors of these organisations. Im sure im not the only member of this forum who is mystified that a official of your club has found three hours each day to indulge in a childish slanging match with Sir Clifford Rhodes but now theres a situation where he could actually make postings about a subject which some forum users are interested in and would like to hear hes explanation he appears to be in hiding,much like his associate Uncle Urchin behaved before him. On the issue of Uncle it does strike me as unusal that for the past 18 months Southill have been telling people that he had nothing to do with the club and now the club has folded they want to lay some of the blame at his door.

This will be my last word on the subject,i wish you a return to the non league game soon Cheers.

Geez,

Syd told the truth about our demise.

1) Location - the main reason.

2) Players leaving and unable to replace them.

3) Needed more local people on the ground at games to help run the club.

I think number 3 was a huge factor for us. Being an "online" club, we really did need more people on match days.

Basil-don, you still have that restraining order on you, correct?

Geez,

Syd told the truth about our demise.

1) Location - the main reason.

2) Players leaving and unable to replace them.

3) Needed more local people on the ground at games to help run the club.

I think number 3 was a huge factor for us. Being an "online" club, we really did need more people on match days.

i did say the last post was my last post but since you have asked me a direct question i need to reply.

no i dont now or indeed never had a restraining order placed upon me.

oops sorry i better play along with your script i guess....

yes i still have a restraining order placed upon me as im a deranged psychopath unlike your well balanced Chairman who has spent three hours a day for the last twelve months on this forum calling Rhodes a 'knob jockey', right dont reply as i really dont wish to be engaged in any more conversations with you bye.

cheesy%20(2).gifcheesy%20(2).gifcheesy%20(2).gif

Great rhetorical question - I'm sure it didn't require a personal answer cheesy%20(2).gif

Basil, get over it. Sh1t... now he'll have to come back for that one.

Anyway, we apologised to the league and our fellow teams in the Bedfordshire County Football League, our shareholders unanimously decided to support its board and withdraw from the league, our shareholders will as ever decide the direction of their assets, not its board and thats all there is to say on it. My final word on it even if Basil, Cliffy, and Mental do want to carry on with their best trolling efforts, really guys. get over it, it's just a game!

Edited by Ex-NonLeagueClubChairman

Steve - Why couldn't Loosely have come on and been as forthcoming and transparent as you, he gave the impression that everything in the garden was rosy. I expect that deep down you breathed a sigh of relief at the Club's sad demise as you can now concentrate on, as Basil-Don said, getting back involved with a more 'traditional' Club with a normal infrastructure.

Great rhetorical question - I'm sure it didn't require a personal answer cheesy%20(2).gif

Anyway, we apologised to the league and our fellow teams in the Bedfordshire County Football League, our shareholders unanimously decided to support its board and withdraw from the league, our shareholders will as ever decide the direction of their assets, not its board and thats all there is to say on it. My final word on it even if Basil, Cliffy, and Mental do want to carry on with their best trolling efforts, really guys. get over it, it's just a game!

What trolling efforts,surely we have a right to talk about non league matters seeing as we are all fans of the non league game,seems you are a bit touchy loosely,as i said,some good people were involved but i thought it was doomed to fail,especially given the location,which was a big mistake imo,if you choose to take it as trolling then thats your problem,i took an interest the day you all turned up at hornchurch and got the red carpet treatment like we give all guests down at the bridge.I think you will find my only problem with you was when i was having a war of words on here with Uncle(not for the first time) and cunningly as he was good as that,you suddenly turned into one of his little merry men,he was good at that as i have already said,lets face it some of the old cobblers i was accused of by yourself could of only come from one person.

It's Official folks and from the horses mouth on the Non League Today Website:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=72806

Steve Foster, manager of Bedfordshire County League Premier Division club Southill Alexander, has confirmed to nonleaguedaily that the members-owned club have withdrawn from the league with immediate effect - the last fixture played being the 2-1 away defeat to Arlesey Town reserves in December.

Foster said: “It is a situation of some conjecture as to the way things have panned out for us this time around after a respectable sixth placing in our first league season. But the bottom line is we have not really recovered from losing a number of key players at the start of the current campaign and these have not been effectively replaced.

“In addition, the work load was becoming increasingly burdened on our acting chairman Gordon Parham and secretary Sally Philips – both of whom had served the club so magnificently.

“But in the cold light of day maybe the choice of the Carlsberg Stadium, Biggleswade was a stumbling block, with established clubs already in its immediate vicinity. Although it is a magnificent place to play, we were unable to attract support through the turnstiles.

“In addition we were unable to attract players from the East and North London catchment area as we had in our first league season.

“The cost of petrol, albeit tough on all clubs at present, was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak.”

Despite that, Foster paid tribute to those players who did make the effort to attend midweek training sessions and matches.

(Dave Griffiths

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=72806

Steve Foster, manager of Bedfordshire County League Premier Division club Southill Alexander, has confirmed to nonleaguedaily that the members-owned club have withdrawn from the league with immediate effect - the last fixture played being the 2-1 away defeat to Arlesey Town reserves in December.

Foster said: “It is a situation of some conjecture as to the way things have panned out for us this time around after a respectable sixth placing in our first league season. But the bottom line is we have not really recovered from losing a number of key players at the start of the current campaign and these have not been effectively replaced.

“In addition, the work load was becoming increasingly burdened on our acting chairman Gordon Parham and secretary Sally Philips – both of whom had served the club so magnificently.

“But in the cold light of day maybe the choice of the Carlsberg Stadium, Biggleswade was a stumbling block, with established clubs already in its immediate vicinity. Although it is a magnificent place to play, we were unable to attract support through the turnstiles.

“In addition we were unable to attract players from the East and North London catchment area as we had in our first league season.

“The cost of petrol, albeit tough on all clubs at present, was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak.”

Despite that, Foster paid tribute to those players who did make the effort to attend midweek training sessions and matches.

(Dave Griffiths

FFS Rhodes, it was "official" when the very first post in this thread provided a link to the statement on the Bedfordshire County League website. It couldn't have been any more "official" than that. What you have provided is a news story from a news website telling us all what we already knew and have been discussing for the past couple of days.

:doh:

http://www.nonleague...=FULL&nid=72806

(Dave Griffiths

FFS Rhodes, it was "official" when the very first post in this thread provided a link to the statement on the Bedfordshire County League website. It couldn't have been any more "official" than that. What you have provided is a news story from a news website telling us all what we already knew and have been discussing for the past couple of days.

:doh:

nothing on this forum is official until the unofficial official says so :futbolbud2:

OK mate i'll come back one more time,now the dust is settled im wondering if this is what happened?

'you're invloved with MYFC with Darter and you get to know uncle urchin, you visit Hornchurch and you start thinking that you wouldnt mind having a club of your own,only problem is you know absolutely nothing about non league,have no contacts and no cash,but that isnt going to stop you and your ego.Do you at anytime make an effort to find out whats involved with running a non league football club?? nah youve got more important things to do like participating in a childish slanging match with Rhodesy,now Southill is going to be your club,youre the main man,you of course will be expecting other people to put in the money,rely on others to get sponsorship,sort out the groundshare basically do the fecking lot while youre lounging around like a 'lords bas tard' in Norfolk all the time knowing that if things go to plan its all down to your wise supervision while if they feck up the blame can be laid at the door of that pantomine villian Uncle Urchin,now Uncle may be many things to many people but one thing he isnt is a mug,looks like he saw through you and left you to get on with things at YOUR club. Now all this time you surround yourself with naive and gullible people who are all the time buying into the 'good guy loose' act,when Uncle Urchin fails to provide you with the blank cheques you desire your old friend who you know has just come into money helps you out,although you have every intention to pay her back of course.Ironic isnt it as ive been portrayed as a ponce and parasite when i never had a penny and my friendship with our wealthy mutual friend cost me money,but hey you know the script....im a psychopathic ponce while loosely is a good guy successful business man who just happened to start paying attention to our mutual friend once she came into a few bob.Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story will you .Now that is my final word,just thought it might be nice for people to see what happened from a different angle Cheers.

Edited by Basil-Don

Basil-Don - I think you've pretty much said it all there mate

Three final words, can any of them be taken as final? cheesy%20(2).gif

Good fairy story though.

OK mate i'll come back one more time,now the dust is settled im wondering if this is what happened?

'you're invloved with MYFC with Darter and you get to know uncle urchin, you visit Hornchurch and you start thinking that you wouldnt mind having a club of your own,only problem is you know absolutely nothing about non league,have no contacts and no cash,but that isnt going to stop you and your ego.Do you at anytime make an effort to find out whats involved with running a non league football club?? nah youve got more important things to do like participating in a childish slanging match with Rhodesy,now Southill is going to be your club,youre the main man,you of course will be expecting other people to put in the money,rely on others to get sponsorship,sort out the groundshare basically do the fecking lot while youre lounging around like a 'lords bas tard' in Norfolk all the time knowing that if things go to plan its all down to your wise supervision while if they feck up the blame can be laid at the door of that pantomine villian Uncle Urchin,now Uncle may be many things to many people but one thing he isnt is a mug,looks like he saw through you and left you to get on with things at YOUR club. Now all this time you surround yourself with naive and gullible people who are all the time buying into the 'good guy loose' act,when Uncle Urchin fails to provide you with the blank cheques you desire your old friend who you know has just come into money helps you out,although you have every intention to pay her back of course.Ironic isnt it as ive been portrayed as a ponce and parasite when i never had a penny and my friendship with our wealthy mutual friend cost me money,but hey you know the script....im a psychopathic ponce while loosely is a good guy successful business man who just happened to start paying attention to our mutual friend once she came into a few bob.Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story will you .Now that is my final word,just thought it might be nice for people to see what happened from a different angle Cheers.

Quite possibly the best post I've read on here since I joined the forum over 6 years ago.

I don;t know the ins and outs of what happened at Southill Alexandra (I do remember Sally talking about it on Talksport last year and was very impressed), but I DO know Richard and believe him to be an honourable man. I don't know Gordon or Sally so no opinions.

I wish everyone involved in the venture all the best for the future and I hope Syd Lexic has not has his enthusiasm for the game dulled. I respectfully suggest that everyone draws a line under the whole thing and gets back to what we all love... Non League football.

Quite possibly the best post I've read on here since I joined the forum over 6 years ago.

I don;t know the ins and outs of what happened at Southill Alexandra (I do remember Sally talking about it on Talksport last year and was very impressed), but I DO know Richard and believe him to be an honourable man. I don't know Gordon or Sally so no opinions.

I wish everyone involved in the venture all the best for the future and I hope Syd Lexic has not has his enthusiasm for the game dulled. I respectfully suggest that everyone draws a line under the whole thing and gets back to what we all love... Non League football.

Thanks Hookey the cheques in the post,anyway lets all leave it now,Loose and Rhodes can get back to their nonsense and i can have words with this Hoffman character on the ESL forum cheers.

I echo hookeys sentiments

Cheers Gooner, your lot were awesome yesterday, when did you sign Wayne Bridge, he was your best player, LOL

I should point out I was not applauding the content of Basil-Don's post as I have no idea as to its validity, I was applauding the way the post was written and the passion of it. I was also rather inebriated and had just got back from Bowers' Clubhouse having watched the Hammers get stuffed.

Edited by Hookey

I think people get the wrong idea of Basil-Don as he is, with respect, a bit of a 'barrow boy' type, but he knows his onions and wasn't made Essex League Secretary of the year for nothing