Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southill Alexander....

coupwotcoup

Put up or shut up Mental, copy and link these posts if there are any, no anecdotal "evidence" please.

If I didn't do SA any favours with my "banter" with Rhodes the where is the damage, this is just a forum, it ain't the real world and it ain't the end of it either.

Definitely have to agree with EU on this one. Speaking as someone that takes an interest in the financial aspects of non league football I thought the concept of what SA was trying to achieve fascinating, I tried to learn as much out about SA as I could, but found it virtually impossible to get any worthwhile information (from your p---poor website) and I quickly concluded that perhaps you found slagging off Rhodes more entertaining than promoting Southill Alexander FC.

I'm sure it's a valid opinion. One point, SA is/was a cooperative, I'm content that the efforts I put into it were as much as I felt I wanted to and there were never any complaints from the others. Holding Rhodes to account for his many and frequent idiotisms is a fulltime job and I never had THAT much time!

Another point, I can't find any financial information on Not Telling FC, or HX, or Basildon United, or many others, mind you, I think that is their business - I've neither paid for the right or put in the work to earn that information. I'm sure you'll have a different opinion though..

That's your answer to every allegation loosely,that the other person is talking bollox,me,I am more than happy with what I know and so are others.You certainly learnt well off your master

For a Romford fan to agree with me re your continual spat with Rhodes and the fact you just can't help yourself which obviously wasn't going to help SA should tell you something

As for my role as chairman of the Supporters Association that is fine thanks for asking,a bit different from trying to promote a new football club which is what you were supposed to be doing

Put up or shut up Mental, copy and link these posts if there are any, no anecdotal "evidence" please.

If I didn't do SA any favours with my "banter" with Rhodes the where is the damage, this is just a forum, it ain't the real world and it ain't the end of it either.

Definitely have to agree with EU on this one. Speaking as someone that takes an interest in the financial aspects of non league football I thought the concept of what SA was trying to achieve fascinating, I tried to learn as much out about SA as I could, but found it virtually impossible to get any worthwhile information (from your p---poor website) and I quickly concluded that perhaps you found slagging off Rhodes more entertaining than promoting Southill Alexander FC.

I'm sure it's a valid opinion. One point, SA is/was a cooperative, I'm content that the efforts I put into it were as much as I felt I wanted to and there were never any complaints from the others. Holding Rhodes to account for his many and frequent idiotisms is a fulltime job and I never had THAT much time!

Another point, I can't find any financial information on Not Telling FC, or HX, or Basildon United, or many others, mind you, I think that is their business - I've neither paid for the right or put in the work to earn that information. I'm sure you'll have a different opinion though..

Brilliant,you now spend your time looking for the financial records of other clubs,says it all really

Still biting I see Mental. Yawn...

Busted flush, all mouth - no trousers, need I go on? cheesy%20(2).gif

To be honest loosely there are one or two threads on our forum which i could dig up but in all honesty,they are more spats between UU & myself with you throwing the odd insult around but there were many more on the SA Forum which i believe has now been removed,reference to which the deleted posts is detailed in the thread.Personally if i put them up they will probably be locked straight away and/or result in UU returning to further stoke any flames and to be honest any gripe i had with UU is in the past and should be left there.I think you will find the reason why any Hornchurch fan wasn't too happy with SA was just the way it was done,in a meeting at our place during a game,its hardly the done thing,i mean the CEO of tescos wouldn't pitch up in ASDA to hold a meeting about expanding Tescos further,perhaps next time these things should be done away from the limelight and in the private houses or wherever else a private meeting could be held,the fact that 2 months later our club was once again in a spot of trouble obviously stoked the flames for a few of our fans,many more just wanted to stay out of it due to the fact that it was not 100% done that UU had left the club for good.

as a hornchurch fan i had no problem with the freemyfc gang showing up at one of our games, even if they did get freebies on the gate, they still put cash behind the bar and took out an ad in the programme. i used to genuinely enjoy SF's company before "all the evil" happened and always thought she had balls of steel considering some of the sickening abuse aimed her way from the myfc people. it's a shame that she was taken for a ride by UU, but i don't think you can call yourself a non-league fan unless he's affected you or your club in some way.

where the cash that went behind the bar and paid for the ad actually ended up is another matter altogether...anyone who had been following uu around on the forums knew that he had a massive bee in his bonnet about myfc and ebbsfleet and that once the hornchurch experiment had gone belly up (again), then he'd be looking for another club to sink his teeth into.

It's a shame that SA didn't work out, but it's encouraging to read that none of the member's (at least the ones who have posted on here) are bitter about how the project ended.

Fair comment tree although to be honest I do still feel it's bad darts to be helping another club find it's feet while our own club was struggling although at the time we didn't have a clue what was going to happen to our club,obviously UU knew he wouldn't be there too much longer,that doesn't sit too right with me,but in all honesty that's not my issue,my issue was with loosely at the time jumping into bed with UU and aiming the odd vindictive remark about me

I believe he was instrumental (if memory serves me correctly) in drafting the constitution for the club but then had all his hard work thrown back into his face.....

And welcome to our next guest contributor from the Planet Kwatqu.

cheesy%20(2).gif

and you accuse other people of "biting" ?!?! :):)

Oh I'm sorry Doogie, it was just so amusing, I'm still rolling around. cheesy%20(2).gif

BTW, you're not going to start blubbin' too are you?

Edited by Ex-NonLeagueClubChairman

Which copy of the NLP were you reading? My copy has quite a bit to say about Leyton - considerably more than the article about SA.

I couldn't see anything and I read it from cover to cover, what page was it on, perhaps you're confusing it with NL24 which I have still to see a copy of

BUFC I don't think anyone would want to share a bed with me,especially after a ruby or two,as for me jumping into bed with UU I will admit that in my younger years I would get involved in spats with rival fans but I can assure you that it would be in defence of AFCH and AFCH only

But heck, Basil-don and Rhodes have personal issues with Loose.

Britman - Not at all, I barely know the man and certainly don't recall meeting him although I'm told we did cross paths at Bridge Avenue once

Fair comment tree although to be honest I do still feel it's bad darts to be helping another club find it's feet while our own club was struggling although at the time we didn't have a clue what was going to happen to our club,obviously UU knew he wouldn't be there too much longer,that doesn't sit too right with me,but in all honesty that's not my issue,my issue was with loosely at the time jumping into bed with UU and aiming the odd vindictive remark about me

There's the real EU posting. It hurt him so much about how SA was formed. You shouldn't even care. But you do. Can't let it go. Maybe you need to see someone about that.

And they call people like you and Basil-don true non league peeps. You are a dis-credit to football.

I believe he was instrumental (if memory serves me correctly) in drafting the constitution for the club but then had all his hard work thrown back into his face.....

The Doog is King - That is correct and it was well received at the time, I also drafted a Business Plan if I recall so I really don't know why I later received such unfair criticism from Loosely and Steve. Sally was always as good as gold and, I'm sure, if she could turn the clock back she wouldn't have touched the ill fated project with a barge pole.