Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Southill Alexander....

coupwotcoup

Britman,sorry but who are you????

If you think it's ok to hold a meeting about forming a new club and two months later the owner leaves a club reportedly leaving them fighting for their future then you should go and see someone because that's not how non league football should work

Rhodes was at Hornchurch that day

trying to find out the opening times of UUs ice rink coffee%20(2).gif

This one will be interesting to see how it develops. According to Rhodes, he's never met me, according to Mouth O'Mighty I was at a meeting at Hx discussing the start up of SA and nearly killing off his club. More power than I can stand I think.

Let's be having Rhodes on, he'll clear this one up, which one of us was so unfeeling to be having a meeting at a football club discussing a football club.

BTW, I attended Hx twice, once for a league game where I paid on the gate, the second time at the Peterborough FA Cup game where I paid for lunch so a few of us could meet up but the plotting of SA taking over the Premiership was not discussed. No doubt someone will be along to call me a liar. coffee%20(2).gif

Rhodes definatly had something to do with the original plans as he was at Hornchurch that day

Yeah - I remember he put the actual constitution he drafted for the club on this website so he must have been telling the truth.

Doug is King, can I politely help you out here?

Rhodes, Fozzie, Sally Fletcher and UU were involved all together in a plan to re-form Edgware Town or Edgware FC, I wasn't involved (still being a part of the evil MyFC Empire at that time...). I don't know any of the details, I don't know to this day why it fell through, none of my business. Rhodes probably did some work on it, how much? I don't know as I've said.

Later (a few weeks, months?) SA was mooted, Rhodes wasn't involved in that at any stage.

Any club wanting to draft a constitution can take the FA's template off their website and simply insert club name and various details, no biggie.

Nope,you and Rhodes were in the same room at the same time so must of met,if you say you paid at the gate then I believe you,not an issue with me to be honest

Well for the sake of harmony I'll concede to your memory although mine does not include him at the table on that occasion which was the Peterborough game but earlier in the Eastside Stand at an earlier league game, Rhodes claims not to remember.

Well EU, the only time I had a "meeting" at Hx was the FA Cup game when 4 of us had lunch (which we paid for) and it was just to meet up with James Baker who was a friend of ours, wasn't well and died a few weeks later, we didn't discuss the formation of SA since that was fairly well developed, just enjoyed the occasion and the venue. Sincerely, Rhodes wasn't there and he'll back that up as he claims never to have met me and you can't get 4 people at a table mixed up!

Are you sure you aren't thinking of a meeting the Edgware FC people might have had much earlier?

I believe he was instrumental (if memory serves me correctly) in drafting the constitution for the club but then had all his hard work thrown back into his face.....

The Doog is King - That is correct and it was well received at the time, I also drafted a Business Plan if I recall so I really don't know why I later received such unfair criticism from Loosely and Steve. Sally was always as good as gold and, I'm sure, if she could turn the clock back she wouldn't have touched the ill fated project with a barge pole.

there - just as i thought!

If only they'd taken more notice of your business plan they might still be in existence Rhodesy!

Edited by The Doog is King

3 years is a long time to be honest,all I remember is there were a few of you and it was about a formation of a new club,don't get me wrong,there was no secrecy about it and those who attended wouldn't of seen why a couple of months later on reflection it looked a bit odd to us fans

there - just as i thought!

You were spot on.

I will leave this discussion now(unless I am called back)

I will say this,there is one person who I do feel sorry in all this,that person was with us on some of our great days 3 years ago and although warned by a few Hornchurch people about getting involved (not so much with SA but an individual) didn't listen to any of the warnings,sometimes you learn the hard way but you were not the first and won't be the last.If that person is reading this you would be welcome back over the bridge at anytime,I am sure

Which copy of the NLP were you reading? My copy has quite a bit to say about Leyton - considerably more than the article about SA.

I couldn't see anything and I read it from cover to cover, what page was it on, perhaps you're confusing it with NL24 which I have still to see a copy of

Patently you have not read it from cover to cover. The quote from Gordon Boateng alone is twice the length of the SA article! And as NL24 hasn't been published for at least 3 months then there is certainly no chance of confusion.

as a hornchurch fan i most had no problem with the freemyfc gang showing up at one of our games, even if they did get freebies on the gate, they still put cash behind the bar and took out an ad in the programme. i used to genuinely enjoy SF's company before "all the evil" happened and always thought she had balls of steel considering some of the sickening abuse aimed her way from the myfc people. it's a shame that she was taken for a ride by UU, but i don't think you can call yourself a non-league fan unless he's affected you or your club in some way.

where the cash that went behind the bar and paid for the ad actually ended up is another matter altogether...anyone who had been following uu around on the forums knew that he had a massive bee in his bonnet about myfc and ebbsfleet and that once the hornchurch experiment had gone belly up (again), then he'd be looking for another club to sink his teeth into.

It's a shame that SA didn't work out, but it's encouraging to read that none of the member's (at least the ones who have posted on here) are bitter about how the project ended.

Didn't know anything about the programme ad or the ticket freebies. I remember paying for my ticket for the Posh FA cup tie & missing most of the 1st half because I was helping out in the bar !

I do know that a fair few bob was taken that day & not all of it was registered on the till ! UU didn't seem to upset with that.

Thanks Hookey for your comments, my enthusiasm for Non-league hasn't dulled at all. I'm going to be a having a break from having an active role in a club (even though I've already had 2 offers) & take in some games instead with The Hammers, Canvey, Concord & Stansted at the top of my list.