Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

Photo

Sewer Rats v Canvey Island

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
189 replies to this topic

offline Golden Boots

Golden Boots
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Concord Rangers FC
  • Foes: Canvey Island FC, Billericay Town FC
  • Fav. Player(s): Nicky Cowley, Tony Stokes, John Easterford, Danny Heale, Bertie Brayley
I think its the one in Yellow and Blue...

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
You can stand with us on April 25th then!

offline Golden Boots

Golden Boots
  • Reserves Coach
  • Fav. Player(s): Nicky Cowley, Tony Stokes, John Easterford, Danny Heale, Bertie Brayley
Ahhhh, we’ll still be in yellow and blue then. Albeit more blue than yellow!

offline wayno

wayno
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Good luck tomorrow night. Should be a cracking game given the time since the last league game between the clubs.
Going for a Canvey win 2-1.

offline ShedBoy

ShedBoy
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Nice to see you on here Wayno, thanks for the best wishes!

Hopefully see you at the Brockwell in the very near future for a pint or 2.

offline The Gaffer from the Rock

The Gaffer from the Rock
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island and Liverpool
  • Foes: I hate (and I mean F*****G Hate!!!) Man Utd
  • Fav. Player(s): Rusty, Doomz & Big Nose from the Mighty Canvey Island & King Kenny, Ray Clemence, and Louie Suarez

Hopefully Big D and Easterford remember which dressing room to go into!

Hope you remember which team to support ;)

Why is that TGE, surely there cant be any doubt into which team GB supports, I would've said he was a lifelong Sewer Rat!!!

offline wayno

wayno
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
[quote name='ShedBoy' timestamp='1298307546' post='1704942']
Nice to see you on here Wayno, thanks for the best wishes!

Hopefully see you at the Brockwell in the very near future for a pint or 2.

Cheers Chris.
Will certainly try to get over at some point before end of season.

offline Golden Boots

Golden Boots
  • Reserves Coach

Hope you remember which team to support ;)

Why is that TGE, surely there cant be any doubt into which team GB supports, I would've said he was a lifelong Sewer Rat!!!

Not sure how to take that... Hahahahahaha, thanks mate!!!

offline Eastside Urchin

Eastside Urchin
  • President Elect
  • rank
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Foes: Romford
I bet there will be some fake stone island clobber floating around the Island
Will connor be taking a naughty little firm over to concord??

offline Diddy's Big Bro

Diddy's Big Bro
  • Reserves
wouldn't it be more interesting if they both scored! Come on you gulls!!!

Attendance of at least 650 plus; lots of interest in this game from neutrals as well.

I will make no predictions on the score, but I'm sure it will be a bloody great game.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
As we all know from past experience, derbies are like the FA Cup, it all comes down to who wants it the most and games like these are highly unpredictable.

Whatever the result here's hoping that it's an entertaining game of football played in front of a large attendance and everyone enjoys the evening.

offline Beachboys

Beachboys
  • National Squad - 1st XI
  • Foes: The second team on the Rock !
Here! Here !

offline Modfather

Modfather
  • Reserves
6 Hrs 10 mins till Canvey Islands very own EL CLASICO........!

offline haynab66

haynab66
  • Reserves
  • Supports: CANVEY ISLAND FC AND LEYTON ORIENT
  • Foes: THE ONES NORTH OF BASILDON
  • Fav. Player(s): jay curran and peter kitchen
Can someone tell me where the Aspect arena is ive been up thames road and only found a playing field with some corrugated iron round it but couldnt see an arena ive asked on the island but no one has heard of concord rangers i keep getting sent to park lane, they said there is a football stadium there, i said they play in the ryman league again sent to park lane, i said they play in yellow again sent to park lane, if anyone on this forum have heard of concord rangers or where there arena is please help, i tried finding it when they were last at home i thought the sound of a football crowd would draw me closer to it but up thames road that day there was only silence apart from two big ferocious dogs i was told they were there to stop any more players leaving the club and they also told me they had lived in thames road for 20 years and never seen any football supporters or a club, please help.

offline Mark Hoffman

Mark Hoffman
  • Spectator
  • Supports: Equal rights for forum posters
  • Foes: Basil-Don
  • Fav. Player(s): The Detective
I think there will be more then 1000 people in attendance. I will be there with my girls. See you shortly.

offline Beachboys

Beachboys
  • National Squad - 1st XI
  • Foes: The second team on the Rock !

Can someone tell me where the Aspect arena is ive been up thames road and only found a playing field with some corrugated iron round it but couldnt see an arena ive asked on the island but no one has heard of concord rangers i keep getting sent to park lane, they said there is a football stadium there, i said they play in the ryman league again sent to park lane, i said they play in yellow again sent to park lane, if anyone on this forum have heard of concord rangers or where there arena is please help, i tried finding it when they were last at home i thought the sound of a football crowd would draw me closer to it but up thames road that day there was only silence apart from two big ferocious dogs i was told they were there to stop any more players leaving the club and they also told me they had lived in thames road for 20 years and never seen any football supporters or a club, please help.

So if im reading this right, These two dogs told you they had lived there for twenty years and... so on .....

Ill have a pint of what youve been drinking !

offline Insular and Overrated

Insular and Overrated
  • Onlooker
  • Supports: Equality Bill 2010
  • Foes: Principal Skinner
  • Fav. Player(s): Hope Powell
  • Fav. Sport(s): Darts
Live updates here apparently http://gateway978.co...ey-island-live/

offline BUFC

BUFC
  • First XI - Permanent

hope you found it fella................720 others did, to see the pub team win :monkey:

offline Canvey Fan 1926

Canvey Fan 1926
  • First XI - Sub
  • Supports: Canvey Island
Well, gutting to lose by a late goal, especially after hitting the woodwork and having one disallowed!

A proper derby with both teams not really willing to push forward and 2 big scuffles towards the end.

I thought Concord were one of the worst teams we have played this season - which speaks volumes about how we played at times in the match (I'm not the only one to have said this!!). I know my comments on team selection/tactics etc are not welcomed by certain viewers of this forum, so I'll keep them to myself. At times in the match we really seemed like we wanted to win, so I can't knock the players determination.

One thing that did piss me off tonight though happened at the end. After singing and putting our hearts into it for 90 minutes, why did the players just walk off without even acknowledging the support? I can understand they were upset, but so were the fans, I thought a bit of appreciation would have been nice.

How embarrassing though that the loudest noise from Concord was from their own players singing at the end!! They may be capable of 'buying' a good team, but one thing they will never be is a big 'club' - you can't buy fans.

Onwards and upwards, let's hope we don't let our heads drop and keep driving up the league!!

offline YELLOW

YELLOW
  • First XI Coach
  • Supports: Canvey Island, West Ham
  • Foes: Billericay, Concord, Southend, Spurs, Chelsea
  • Fav. Player(s): Mo Diame, Paolo Di Canio, Carlton Cole, Kevin Nolan, Jay Curran, Kevin Dobinson, Lionel Messi
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, drinking.
Nothing between both teams. Both defences were excellent and to be honest good football was at a premium on a bumpy pitch.

Can't argue about the players' work rate, they all put in a good shift.

A draw would have been a fair result. I don't think there is alot between the two teams and the return game at Park Lane will be just as close. Concord had the luck, we didn't. Hopefully, we'll get the rub of the green in the return match.

Support was excellent. Good too see some old faces again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus