Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Easter Monday & Midweek Matches

Off thread a bit but I got to watch my adopted team . Dorking . On Saturday and Monday. Seemed to care ! Certainly lacked a bit of Character and can see why they lose but also why they get the odd win. Crept into both bars afterwards to listen in to the post match nonsense and to be fair the management team spoke a lot of sense and certainly recognise their own teams failings. I think they will be ok moving forward. Apologies if I've gate crashed the wrong thread at the wrong time. I'm still learning.

As an ageing resident of Sunny Dorking for just a mere 57 years, you're more than welcome Giggler.

Incidently, why did you pick 'The Chicks' to follow ?

Yet another season for us to look forward too with no 'Home Games' being played 'At-Home'.

Hey-Ho !!

FT Baggies 0 Villans 1 very workmanlike performance from the Villans in a game with very few clear cut chances,spoke to me old mucker Noadey at the end now he is one passionate man who rubs off on players,Tommo had a run out for the Baggies and showed a few good touches and a few rusty ones lol

FT Baggies 0 Villans 1 very workmanlike performance from the Villans in a game with very few clear cut chances,spoke to me old mucker Noadey at the end now he is one passionate man who rubs off on players,Tommo had a run out for the Baggies and showed a few good touches and a few rusty ones lol

Duncs, you forgot to mention the Worldy of a save by Terry Buss, destined for the top corner only to see Terry tip it over the bar!!!

Edited by True Villain

BJR I chose Dorking somewhat randomly based on where I know live in Leigh and the forum post about them accepting defeat all too easily. Or words to that effect .What are your views on the side ? And their blueprint for the future . I assume from your posts that you are either a prominent official or every game attendee and therefore in the best position to give a balanced view.

Off thread a bit but I got to watch my adopted team . Dorking . On Saturday and Monday. Seemed to care ! Certainly lacked a bit of Character and can see why they lose but also why they get the odd win. Crept into both bars afterwards to listen in to the post match nonsense and to be fair the management team spoke a lot of sense and certainly recognise their own teams failings. I think they will be ok moving forward. Apologies if I've gate crashed the wrong thread at the wrong time. I'm still learning.

You'll have to introduce yourself, we don't get many new fans and you'll be most welcome!

I'm normally on the gate, otherwise wearing an older black DFC bench coat, or hovering round the bar.

We are thinking of putting on some transport for next season which would probably come through Leigh.

Were you at the u18s game v Wanderers last night?

We were trying to remember a new face who was at both games, and given your chosen username, thought you might be someone from within!

Anyway a good 2 - 0 win for The Mighty Chicks in the end featuring a few of the guys who you would have seen over Easter, and a couple we hope will step up.

I think i know what you mean about lacking character, Id probably say we don't have enough leaders on the pitch, but the current squad never gives up, as you would have seen at Chessy when we got back to 3-2. 

BJR I chose Dorking somewhat randomly based on where I know live in Leigh and the forum post about them accepting defeat all too easily. Or words to that effect .What are your views on the side ? And their blueprint for the future . I assume from your posts that you are either a prominent official or every game attendee and therefore in the best position to give a balanced view.

You're not a million miles from me then, although a Dorking post-code, I live far nearer to North Holmwood.

No  -  I'm not an official of the club these days and, as a long retired pensioner relying on a bus-pass these days, I don't make it down to The New Defence.

Just for your info, my eldest daughter has long history with Dorking Ladies, which was formed after the demise of the Horley Ladies reserve side.  She is an F.A. ladies coach and gets involved with team fitness training.  She still occasionally graces the bench as a reserve.  Both of her daughters are members of the Dorking Ladies team.

You've gone quiet on us G.O.H.A.G. since the Easter Hols have finished.

May have a spare seat coming through Leigh Saturday for last game of season,but that might be a bit early, otherwise Im happy to leave a guest pass on gate for you.

You've gone quiet on us G.O.H.A.G. since the Easter Hols have finished.

May have a spare seat coming through Leigh Saturday for last game of season,but that might be a bit early, otherwise Im happy to leave a guest pass on gate for you.

He does check this site every day Jeff.  I can't understand why he hasn't responded.

I'll text you.

we run a fair twitter match day update, Mr Giggle

@dorkingfc

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dorkingfc/

Scroll down slightly and Latest Tweets are on the right hand side.

Usually pretty much up to date.

I'm toying with the idea of popping down to Westhumble this afternoon for the Nomads match, but I thnk 'Er Indoors'  may well have other ideas as she's checking the garden out !!