Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Youth Cup

Eastside Urchin

Thursday night we beat Clapton FC 3-1 away in the FA Youth Cup.

Surprised that nothing has been posted about this.

And Dissapointed to be fair.

No mention of the game before or after but we can publish results against teams we have played 5-45 years ago in games gone by.

Let's not forget our youngsters,it's a shame it wasn't promoted as I'm sure they would of appreciated the support

• 4 weeks later...

Thursday 8th October

FA Youth Cup 2nd Qualifying Round; home to Grays Athletic.

Kick off: 7:45pm.

Admission:  Adults £3; Concessions £1.

Let's cheer on our younglings.

Winners will be at home to Beaconsfield SYCOB or Bedfont Sports in the final qualifying round.

Indeed, 2-0 winners with first half goals from Solomon Ogonwomoju and Matt Bentley.

Home to Bedfont Sports in the Third Qualifying Round, to be played week commencing 19th October.  Likely to be Thursday 22nd but to be confirmed by Bedfont.

The winners of that tie will host Leyton Orient in the First Round Proper.

Dagger is away at present. I went to this game and the young Urchins played a great first half and went 2 up, the second half they seemed to take their foot off the pedal, but still played some great football.
I've watched this team a few times now and if you get a chance to watch them I don't think you will be disappointed.

Well said Dave, very impressive performance by a team of this age. Orient had better watch out.

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday 22nd October

FA Youth Cup 3rd Qualifying Round; home to Bedfont Sports.

Admission:  Adults £3; Concessions £1.

Winners will be at home to Leyton Orient in the First Round proper.

As Maldon has been postponed and I can't make Boreham Wood I intend being there on Thursday.Bargain at a pound

Cool,if we win this game will it be our best run in the FA youth cup???

Don't think so. 

I remember watching us playing Millwall - think it was the 1st round and we lost 1-0. Neil Ruddock played for Millwall apparently - that's how long ago it was.....

Don't think so. 

I remember watching us playing Millwall - think it was the 1st round and we lost 1-0. Neil Ruddock played for Millwall apparently - that's how long ago it was.....

Ar Yes  -  The days of baggy knee length shorts and Brylcreme to style the hair.

(I'll fetch me coat !!)

:bolt:

An interesting contrast to what happened to the first team in the same season. Admission prices on Tuesday are £6 adults, £3 concessions, Under 11s free. A 12-page programme will be produced for this match.

A landmark of sorts was achieved in 1985-86 when Hornchurch fell at the first hurdle of every cup competition. It was another poor season in the league, finishing nineteenth. Between November and March they went 12 matches without a win. Four teams were relegated, but with six matches to go, there was cause for optimism, as they had won three and drawn three of their previous seven matches. The end of season revival did not continue, as they lost their last six matches. Crucially one of those was against Maidenhead, who stayed up at Hornchurch’s expense. John Roche and Andy Weddell both managed nine league goals, but no other player scored more than four. Hornchurch also entered a team in the F.A. Youth Cup. After beating St Alban’s City, they played Collier Row, and won 7-0. Victories over Canvey Island and East Ham United were rewarded with a second round trip to Millwall, where they lost 1-0. The programmed line up for that match was David Ramsey, Jason Jenkins, Sean O’Dea, Danny Christmas, Steve Porter, Mark Sexton, Greg Lewis, Lee Gregory, Alan Brett, Mark Slade, Paul Hunt, Laurie Baker. Mark Sexton went on to make 159 first team appearances, Alan Brett 152 (60 goals), Sean O’Dea 151, Danny Christmas made 138, and Steve Porter 106. By contrast the rest of the team only managed one substitute appearance between them in the first team. The youth team manager was Brian Davie.

Hornchurch played a prominent role in deciding the eventual Isthmian League champions, as they played the top three clubs in March and April. St Alban’s City came to the Stadium in March and drew 1-1; Hornchurch then won at Wembley 1-0 the following week. The final match of the season was against Bromley, who won 3-1. The final table saw St Alban’s and Bromley level on points with St Alban’s having the better goal difference. Had Wembley beaten Hornchurch in March, the extra two points would have been enough to bring them level on points with the top two. Only one home attendance figure was published, and it showed that only 69 people had paid to watch the FA Cup match against Egham Town. 

We do not have a complete record of Hornchurch in the Youth Cup - if anyone can help, please contact me. I know they played in the YC in 1979-80 (beating Rolenmil 7-0 before losing to Southend in Q2, but we have large gaps in our records.

TONIGHT (3rd November)

FA Youth Cup First Round Poper; home to Leyton Orient.

Admission:  Adults £6; Concessions £3;  U11s Free.

Winners will be at home to Luton Town in the Second Round proper.  Luton overcame Colchester Utd 3-1 last night.

Archived