Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Re-Vamped Fixtures

As well as Hertford having 7 home league games in a row.

And St Mags having 6.

And multiple 4s. Including Edgwares last 4 being away.

And Hadley's first fixture away at Hertford being pencilled in for 5 months ago.

I'm certain there is much more to it than meets my untrained eye.

But this isn't the first time a season of football has been organised...

Whatever happened to good old home, away, home, away?

And the first half of the season being mirrored in the second?

If they rack up seven wins in those home fixtures and their form snowballs, I feel our Kaz may end up with a few enemies down at WGC. 

I feel those edgware fixtures have been made with their artificial pitch in mind. In one way I agree it's kind of sensible. In another, I feel they've been punished for having all weather facilities. No team should have to play their last home game a month before the season is out! Sad times. 

I feel those edgware fixtures have been made with their artificial pitch in mind. In one way I agree it's kind of sensible. In another, I feel they've been punished for having all weather facilities. No team should have to play their last home game a month before the season is out! Sad times. 

Hendon are at home on 1st, 15th and 22nd of April. Also I have to ensure that no club ground-sharing with a club at a higher step is at home on the last day of the season due to that fact that that club could be involved in play-offs.

Some people do not understand the issue Karen. Ground shares cause a lot of problems and should be banned. Also some cup games to cover so it is very difficult in the early season.

Uncle T, on 25 Jul 2016 - 4:20 PM, said:

Some people do not understand the issue Karen. Ground shares cause a lot of problems and should be banned. Also some cup games to cover so it is very difficult in the early season.

Just had another look at the fixtures grid. Apparently, we come to you on 3rd September AND 7th January. Many other fixtures have also got two dates.

Can we play you every....err month.

PREM     27/12/16 15:00     Cockfosters     Hadley     Chalk Lane     Premier Division         

PREM     28/01/17 15:00     Cockfosters     Hadley     Chalk Lane     Premier Division

More clubs groundshare now than ever before so its got to have a knock on effect on fixture lists i guess.

If an Apollo mission can land on the moon with less computing power than the average modern day smart phone, surely there has to be a bit of software somewhere that can apply a hint of common sense to arranging meetings between 22 different clubs in a mostly h/a/h/a/h/a sort of way.

2 in a row is obviously unavoidable. 3 is bound to happen every now and then. But 7 consecutive home fixtures?

Madness.

Just checked, we are playing Leighton Town on 3rd Sept and Berko on 7th Jan.

Archived