Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Metropolitan Police

littlehampton

FULL-TIME

Enfield Town 4-4 Metropolitan Police

Hey, hey, just when we thought all was lost, very late in the game, Jack Higgs (90mins) scores for Town with a screamer from 25 yards. A real eight-goal thriller today, and a good show of character and determination from the boys. No we didn't win, but we salvaged a point from the jaws of defeat. Well done guys! Andy, could we do something about closing the back door!

4WF everyone at the club knows the result. Could it be that certain data is automatically updated by Pitchero who rely on the Bostik League updates for the final score. It is totally wrong to blame anyone at the club if this assumption is correct

Further to what JJ has posted. I have noticed all afternoon that the Football Web Pages site, that run a vidiprinter service, have been having problem with several fixtures, including ours, and those errors had been  propagated on other sites (eg Bostik League).

Whatever the problem was now appears to have been sorted.  Meanwhile, the Twitter feeds appear to have been correct all the time.

I think all this is beyond the control of any individual club.

Thanks for info LH, so much for technology. It's nice to know it's always a computer at fault and never human error. Silly me, I assume that someone feeds the info into a computer/link at the ground so I mistakenly thought it would have been spotted by them. The reason for this was that the 1-2 result appeared on the Clubs Official Match Report News page, to para-phrase what it said was "that the club had lost again this time to the Met Police". Am I to understand that a outside agency actually wrote this reports, which by the way,after my comments was altered to read correctly a 4-4 draw.

Just another thing us oldies can't understand, c'est la vie.

By the way how did Rob Barley perform, did he attempt to break his record of last week by belting the ball higher than 60ft in the air when under no pressure.

On a more serious note do you agree that next week-end will be the

measuring point as to whether we are truly progressing. You will see we are playing two clubs without a point so it should be the time to kick start our climb up the league.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

To add to my earlier comments on LS's observations on the game I find his last two sentences very profound.

Lack of fitness combined with mediocrity spells disaster.

However,improved fitness can to some degree help in overcoming lack of skill. The former can be obtained by the players themselves, if they have the personal motivation and desire to do so.

What ever your views on BQ departure were, no one ever can say that his team's ever lacked fitness.!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Met police twitter feed still says they won 2-1!!

... nearly 2 hours later! Did they have no fans there??

.... and there is absolutely no truth in the totally unfounded rumour that the police will twist the evidence to suit themselves !

:bolt:

Hugely disappointed with what we've seen in those first 3 games. Andy described the Hendon performance as unacceptable and, whilst I'd have to agree, we were beaten by a very good team on the day with two outstanding forwards who ripped our defence apart.

Surprised that we seem to have no consistent team or pattern of play, though I guess that just means the management are as disappointed as we are and are searching for that magic formula. Thought we might have changed the system at half time on Saturday as it was clear that 3 at the back was not working with those 3 players. May have been due to the lack of options on the bench - that left back position has been a problem for us so far.

We can take positives from the way the team came back, the home debut of Aaron Greene and the fact that Sam Youngs looks like a player a team can be built around. We did look more positive once Drew Roberts and John Kryiacou came on too, whilst Jack Higgs scored a screamer. Credit to the fans who sung on Saturday too when most of us were feeling pretty down.

Big few games coming up - all against teams currently below us in the league. Would like to see some positive performances with players playing for their places. Definitely a work in progress - the management team are going to need time and the support of the fans. As has been said above, keep the faith.

NO, THeo, I am deeply saddened by the events of the last few months but I also have a critical eye and can't applaud when I see below par players playing for the club. My recent comments were based on LS's summation of his opinion on Saturdays game. I suggest you read them again as they are a very balanced critique. 

I sometimes think that it is you are doing the club a disservice by all your hype. If you have played at all you would know where I am coming from. Heaven help us if all of us were as complacent as you two!!! 

I think TRUE SUPPORTERS deserve better than that. Some of us don't all follow blindly. If we all agreed with your views, as you seem to think we should, then I am afraid for the club.

By way LH I , and I feel quite a few others, take exception in your pompous implication that only those who agree with you are the ONLY True Supports. 

I have been associated with the club since 1947, so I believe my views are as   valid as yours.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

4WF. I think you will find no hype from me... I stated a top half finish would be acceptable this year... I'm a realist... our differences are just that you seem to think there is an abundance of talent out there ready to sign for us where as I believe the management put together the best squad they could in the time allowed.... I'm sure everyone on here wants the best and that's what Andy will be striving for... at the moment it isn't great... but new players who will improve the squad will appear over time.....

The main reason that the new manager got his position was on the basis of his wide dossier on available players, in his notorious black book. I have said that we have to wait for at least 6/7 matches to see if he his wide connections are as good as he says they are.

I would refer you to my submission in June on " New Manager" and what I was told by reliable sources at the time of his appointment. I also reflected on other candidates who I know had assistant managerial experience at a higher level.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals