Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lifted from "Conference Forum"...

PatMan

WTF?

Apparently, the existing three year deal with Eurostar is not good enough for some of our new directors and they are discussing it with some vigour around the boardtable this morning.

Potential sponsors who have been put into the ring are Samsung, Sony, BMW, Allianz, EA sports, The Economist (great idea apparently?) and Carlsberg.

Pat -

I think this is a case (not for the first time) of people jumping the gun.

I think the sponsorship deal with Eurostar is an excellent one for the club and, as there is a three year deal in place with Eurostar, that will continue. Indeed, I think Eurostar will be eyeing up the invovlement of MyFC and how they could benefit from it.

The MyFC WebTeam have indicated that they have had numerous requests from different companies in relation to sponsorship over the past couple of months - MyFC involvement in a club is certainly attractive for some companies. However, all discussion was put to one side until a club is actually purchased (which hasn't happened yet).

We do know that EA Sports are on-board as sponsors - we know that the deal with them does not include shirt-sponsorship, ground-sponsorship or anything else like that. We do not know how much it is for - but, I think, that will be revealed following any takeover.

As for the others - I think a few minutes thought could add another few names to the list above.

What amazes me is the variety of things that MyFC want to change, not what they want to change it from or to. A lot just seems to be change for change sake!

Dom - the sponsorship you speak of - is it sponsorship of MyFC (like I assume EA Sports is), or sponsorship for Ebbsfleet FC?

From what I can understand MyFC now has 24K+ members.

All of those can create a thread on the forum,or start a discussion on any subject.

Think about it and understand that there is no reason whatsoever to over react or indeed even react on stupid things that one or some members might write.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
What amazes me is the variety of things that MyFC want to change, not what they want to change it from or to. A lot just seems to be change for change sake!

Examples please Pat.

Dom - the sponsorship you speak of - is it sponsorship of MyFC (like I assume EA Sports is), or sponsorship for Ebbsfleet FC?

The EA sponsorship money is part of MyFC funds - all of which will go to funding the purchase and running of the club. It was negotiated at the begining of MyFC and, from what I understand, was connected with the purchase fund available for buying a club. Again, absolutely no details are available on these funds - outside of confirmation that they do not involve any aspect of changing anything with the club - and, as far as I am aware, will not be disclosed until the purchase is complete (this was the condition EA Sports placed on their sponsorship).

Originally Posted By: doheochai

We do know that EA Sports are on-board as sponsors - we know that the deal with them does not include shirt-sponsorship, ground-sponsorship or anything else like that. We do not know how much it is for - but, I think, that will be revealed following any takeover.

I can see it now........just in time for Christmas 2008

Ebbsfleet United - the game.

Available now in X-Box, Playstation and PC formats from all good gaming stores!

Lets hope it comes out in WEE format then MyFc just might p155 off!

Originally Posted By: John Pearce

I can see it now........just in time for Christmas 2008

Ebbsfleet United - the game. Available now in X-Box, Playstation and PC formats from all good gaming stores!

Lets hope it comes out in WEE format then MyFc just might p155 off!

.........And the profits going to Ebbsfleet, or EA? whistle

Originally Posted By: Claudius
From what I can understand MyFC now has 24K+ members.
All of those can create a thread on the forum,or start a discussion on any subject.
Think about it and understand that there is no reason whatsoever to over react or indeed even react on stupid things that one or some members might write.

Sage advice indeed Claudius. There has been a lot of "discussion" on a number of topics for discussions sake only. There are a few folks who are a little carried away with themselves if you ask me.

Examples please Pat.

Are you asking me cos you deny this Dom? Or, once I have spent time trawling thru the past to dig out AND PROVE some of the rediculous suggestions, will ya just come out with the standard "but they were quickly shouted down" comment?

Either way, doesn't change the point made!

And before yaself, or indeed anyone asks - I am not 'anti' MyFC, I am 'anti' lies, half-truths, bullsh*t, spin... And that applies to all - not just MyFC (however , the latter do tend to 'bite' quicker than most! laugh )

Are you asking me cos you deny this Dom? Or, once I have spent time trawling thru the past to dig out AND PROVE some of the rediculous suggestions, will ya just come out with the standard "but they were quickly shouted down" comment?

Not at all - some things will change -

(1) At some stage this season MyFC members will begin picking the team.
(2) If the takeover goes through before the end of the transfer window then it is likely that MyFC members will vote to sanction some transfers.

Many other things will change as well - hopefully for the better and involving consultation between MyFC and the ST. A football club cannot stand still, it either goes forward or backwards (or both at different times). Either way change will occur. If EUFC continued on its present course then it is likely that the club would ahve reverted to a part-time status (a significant change) and the prospect of a relegation fight with the other part-time clubs (another change).

I would dispute the idea that change will occur for the sake of it. There are some daft ideas on the MyFC forum (just as there can be the odd daft idea here). There are something like 24,000 MyFC members - it would be surprising with that number of people if we didn't see some off-the-wall suggestions. The reality however is that daft ideas are very unlikely to get the support of the majority of the membership. In contrast you could have one individual who owns a club and when this individual has a daft idea there is no way of counteracting the impact of implementing it.

Change is necessary and when managed properly can have a positive, rather than a negative impact.

Originally Posted By: Dave Lynch

Sage advice indeed Claudius. There has been a lot of "discussion" on a number of topics for discussions sake only. There are a few folks who are a little carried away with themselves if you ask me.

Absolutely - as has been described - there are more than a few threads that involve a lot of naval gazing. But again with 24,000 people this will happen - and those that have the perpensity and time to waffle will tend to do it a lot (and before anyone makes a smart comment I will put my hand up and admit I do tend to waffle on occasions).

(1) At some stage this season MyFC members will begin picking the team.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

(2) If the takeover goes through before the end of the transfer window then it is likely that MyFC members will vote to sanction some transfers.

I repeat Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Future versions of Championship Manager will be interesting:

CM: “Select the team you wish to manage.”

You: “Ebbsfleet I think!”

CM: “You have chosen Ebbsfleet United”.

CM: “Ebbsfleet has been sold to MyFooballclub.com, you have been demoted to head coach.”

You: “Damn it! Best pick the team for Saturday.”

CM: “MyFooballclub.com disagree with your selection. You will play this team.”

You: “Damn it!”

CM: “Your scout recommends A.N.Striker as one for the future.”

You: “Cool. Buy A.N.Stricker.”

CM: “MyFooballclub.com block your purchase until they have voted on it!”

CM: “A.N.Striker has signed for Oxford United.”

CM: “ MyFooballclub.com vote agrees. You may buy A.N.Striker”.

You: “FFS! Exit! Add/Remove Programs, Delete!!!!”

smile

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Yep I'm loyal................To the Fleet, for many more years, than the hours of your (pretend) loyalty!

as I have said les (and I know you don't agree) I am thinking that there is much to be gained by ebbsfleet from this deal with the devil and also much to lose but one thing does strike me as somewhat odd......folk in ireland and other places beyond that have never been to our satanic estuary shores talk to us on here as if we were troublemaking idiots and not capable of doing our homework...the whole of the NL estuary football brass KNOW what is going on behind the scenes...