Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I need help ?

Krooner

Why do clubs at our level pay money for players in an attempt to win the league when they have no chance of getting promoted ? Surely it would be better to use the money to get the ground up to standard first and then sort the team out. Merstham being the benchmark for that. Any views ?

Teams and officials living the dream I think Kroooons.

Dont blame them, look at us we have little chance of moving forward as we are but we are a small club by our standards punching above our weight and enjoying ourselves

That is my point coupie. they did their ground before spending on the team.

Teffs I honestly do not think players at this level should be "paid". covering the costs of their travelling etc is fine. If clubs pay a small amount to compete then fair enough but for clubs in this league, and there are some, to pay over the odds in a vain attempt to win a league they cannot get out of seems pointless to me.

interesting points, if a club decides to pay in an attempt to build a promotion side, they would be daft if they couldnt go up in a year or two, Groundshare or improvements, whichever.

Then, about now, if it seems unlikely promotion will occur, do you retain for next year and take the financial hit or let them go and build in close season.

If at this time of the season you look like getting relegated do you decide to gamble on paying players released or otherwise available in an attempt to stave off the dreaded drop.

it doesnt help the clubs not knowing for sure how many, or if any, will go up or down.

krooner firstly I would say we are probably in the lower half of the league in terms of wages, and secondly, we have planning permission and also funds necessary to gain the next level of ground grading required.

I did say lower half not bottom, must be difficult for you to attract funds as you are groundsharing, Unless there is a sugar daddy somewhere willing to throw money away.

Ha Ha only jesting eye. Was doing a bit of clutchwork there wink

In all honesty your place is one of the better ones in the league. Not wuite up to the standard of Meadowbank just yet though smile

Our sugar daddy now pays a small win bonus which is put into the players end of season pool.

Dont forget some teams are run correctly, with sensible budgets and it is great going to excellent facilities like Horley.

A very interesting subject.

Surely, the main question should be ????

1) Who owns the GROUND ?

or......

2) Who is responsible for issuing a lease to the club in question.

I could go a lot further, but I'm prevented from doing so AT THE MOMENT !

Is Bitch Che's agent these days ? I didn't see her name on the brandy bottle behind the bar at Meadowbank on Saturday !

chloe

bolt