Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I need help ?

Krooner

I don't really think that's an option at the moment as far as DFC is concerned !

I must point out that that is just my personal view.

i thought not bjr and appreciate your answer.the management are to be commended then for bring in new players especially under the current circumstances.

And fair play to the new lads if as it seems they are coming to help out people they have played with before.

Hope they can get a few games under their belts together and get a confidence boosting win.

are Bookham safe yet? wink

We played one particular team at home this year.

A woman sat by the door as the players came in and handed them all an envelope. (Not a very nice way to do it I thought)!

One player (who wasn't very good) opened the envelope and he had four £20 notes in it!

God knows what some of the better players got.

At that rate, it equates to over a £1,000 a week (or game?)!

At CWUFC, our players receive expenses only (most of them only £10).

Why are clubs so coy about what they pay out!

Fair play to Bedfont Green on Saturday where nine of their group were still at CWUFC at 7.35pm when I had to leave.

The social side of football is dying a death IMHO!

I remember when Isthmian Div 3 was formed. The last game of the season before they split it up we played Hungerford. They had to beat us to stay in Div 2. They did 5-0 if I remember. In the bar after the game the Chairman went round handing out brown envelopes to all the players saying quite loudly "Well Done boys you have earnt this so we dont have to come to rubbish like this next year". [****!!****]. About 3 years later they pulled out cos they couldnt afford it.

Prem division and ability to go up

Merstham - Yes

Guildford City - No

Camberley Town - No but possible

Cove - No

North Greenford United - No but possible

Chessington + Hook - Not yet

Chertsey Town - Yes ?

Bedfont - No but possible

Epsom + Ewell - Yes ?

Ash United - No but possible

Colliers Wood Utd - No

Wembley - No but possible

Bedfont Green - Yes ?

Horley - No but possible

Banstead Athletic - Yes ?

Egham Town - Yes ?

Cobham - No

Bookham - No

Raynes Park Vale - No

Reading Town - No

Sandhurst Town - No

Dorking - No

Can I just clarify that this is my personal view and is in no way a dig at any of the clubs smile

Chris maybe teams are being coy because they do not want people to know that the wages are not as high as being floated around on sites like these, which then, would not have the initial attraction in looking to play for the highest paid teams.

I do not think the difference between the lowest and highest paid is as big as you think.

Originally Posted By: Chris Clapham
A woman sat by the door as the players came in and handed them all an envelope. (Not a very nice way to do it I thought)!
One player (who wasn't very good) opened the envelope and he had four £20 notes in it!

Fair play to Bedfont Green on Saturday where nine of their group were still at CWUFC at 7.35pm when I had to leave.

Chris, how do we know that that wasn't a months money, Horley pay monthly or certainly did up to the start this season

I think that most clubs live hand to mouth and season to season.Merstham however, seem to have a long term plan and take advantage of any grants available to improve their ground.By having a project every year, the ground is constantly evolving,it makes players want to come to the club,because they can see that they are going to a forward thinking club.With regard to wages they should reflect the standard of the ground and by that I mean there is no point having a Conference ground with a 'Dog and Duck'team, alternatively a c*#p hole of a ground with Conference standard team.

Originally Posted By: swoonara
Originally Posted By: Chris Clapham

Chris, how do we know that that wasn't a months money, Horley pay monthly or certainly did up to the start this season

I know what one of the players is on at this particular club and it is more than £80 per week!

I think a lot of you are living in a dream world concerning wages for CCL players, just because an ex pro plays, does not mean he is on a fortune, I have wondered the same at times but after speaking to some of them, I was quite suprised and also pleased with the responce I was given, try speaking to some of them yourselves instead of just sumising all the time.