Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today

KShep

Even though all you are basically doing is regurgitating the opinions of someone else.

The bottom line is that the opinions of someone who's heard the game on the radio or read a match report can never be as informed as those of someone who's seen it with their own eyes.

Originally Posted By: jc
Even though all you are basically doing is regurgitating the opinions of someone else.

The bottom line is that the opinions of someone who's heard the game on the radio or read a match report can never be as informed as those of someone who's seen it with their own eyes.

If a guy sits in the stand but is blind, so his friend commentates to him, has the right to a opinion because he never see the game ??????? but he was there !!!!

Originally Posted By: Chatham Gary
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
What a load of opinionated people we have on here! laugh

We do have one or two who prefer not to opine about performance, players, tactics, team selection, substitutions and MyFC.
Which seems a bit pointless on a forum!

Gary just to let you into a secret, because you was not there the holocaust never happened, and neither did world war two, as what you know about it is only a opinion,and you were not there. what crap lol

Originally Posted By: BustaGut
Gary just to let you into a secret, because you was not there the holocaust never happened, and neither did world war two, as what you know about it is only a opinion,and you were not there. what crap lol

That is exactly the point though isn't it, you only know that the holocaust happened because Germany lost, if Germany had won the war you would have an entirely different version of what happened.

The problem with lisening to other peoples version of vents is that it is their version.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast

That is exactly the point though isn't it, you only know that the holocaust happened because Germany lost, if Germany had won the war you would have an entirely different version of what happened.

The problem with lisening to other peoples version of vents is that it is their version.

It a opinion, and just that, but what I or anyone else does with that opinion is up to them, everything you have ever learn.t in life,even out of a book,is just a persons opinion or version of events, surely thats why humans evolved the art of speech, to express opinion, to teach, and to raise a alarm in the event of danger, which is again just a opinion of the person giving the alarm, and I know the holocaust happened (in my opinion) as I have seen the original photos of people that were there, It,s like try saying a tree that falls in a forest makes no noise,because there was no one there to hear it! what you do with that persons opinion is what matters, and how you interpret it surely. I know when someone is drunk, I don,t need to see them drink the spirit,beer, to have a opinion if there sober or not,This of course is just a opinion.

[ and I know the holocaust happened (in my opinion) as I have seen the original photos of people that were there,

That is what He was pointing out to you, if Germany had won the war you wouldn't have seen any photos or have heard abut the holocaust so in your opinion it wouldn't have happened.

Surely seeing something for yourself is the best way to form an unbiased opinion on it? You can hear what someone else has to say about it but if you had been there your initial thoughts on something may have been different.

That is not to say people who haven't seen a match can't have an opinion. It is just probably not as well formed as someone who has seen it.

I think that was the point that was being made.

Originally Posted By: Hannah
Surely seeing something for yourself is the best way to form an unbiased opinion on it? You can hear what someone else has to say about it but if you had been there your initial thoughts on something may have been different.

That is not to say people who haven't seen a match can't have an opinion. It is just probably not as well formed as someone who has seen it.

I think that was the point that was being made.

Hannah has hit the nail on the head, once and for all. Please please please quote this whenever we have a rerun of the 'weren't there so can't comment' argument!