Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today

KShep

I would normally agree Hannah, but you know as well as anyone else, you can stand next to somebody at a match, and they will have an entirely different opinion than you!

I used to play (mostly), as a defender, so at matches I probably watched(with a little knowledge), at how the defense played. Somebody else could have been an attacker and watched that side of the game more.

Other people may not have played at all, and missed everything, and called the players, and tactics crap!

It is the footballing equivalent of the law in relation to hearsay evidence. In a court do you follow the evidence of the person who was present or the person who was told by someone else what happened? It really is that simple.

Things like having an opinion about did the holocaust happen are not the same as did Luke Moore play well in your opinion.

One is a considered opinion the other is a fact. I'll leave you lot to work out which is which.

You can not have a considered opinion on something you didn't see.

The holocaust on the other hand is something that is recognised as fact.

Saying that though it could change, although it obviously won't. It was once recognised fact that the world was flat...

This forum can be really deep at times.

Originally Posted By: kmj
It is the footballing equivalent of the law in relation to hearsay evidence. In a court do you follow the evidence of the person who was present or the person who was told by someone else what happened? It really is that simple.

A good friend of mine is a Policeman, heresay evidence apart, he will tell you, you can have five witnesses to an incident............All will give you a different version of what (they saw) happened!

Get enough opinions from a variety of people and you will arrive at consensus.

Consensus is the best you can hope for where judgement is subjective.

Read the opiners(I think that's a word?) enough and you form an opinion of those whose judgement you trust more.

It ends up a bit like the Olympic diving where 7 judges give a score...the extremes are discarded and the remaining scores are averaged.

I think thats what most people do when they have to sort through a variety of views.

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
Originally Posted By: kmj

A good friend of mine is a Policeman, heresay evidence apart, he will tell you, you can have five witnesses to an incident............All will give you a different version of what (they saw) happened!
How can we be sure, unless he tells us?

Originally Posted By: waggamick
Get enough opinions from a variety of people and you will arrive at consensus.
Consensus is the best you can hope for where judgement is subjective.
Read the opiners(I think that's a word?) enough and you form an opinion of those whose judgement you trust more.
It ends up a bit like the Olympic diving where 7 judges give a score...the extremes are discarded and the remaining scores are averaged.
I think thats what most people do when they have to sort through a variety of views.

Very true Mick, but if you listen to a match on the radio you only get one persons opinion.
If you watch the match yourself you will form your own opinion no matter what a commentator or anyone else tells you.

Spot on Slarti.

Watching the match allows you to see the things that players aren't doing while radio commentary tends to dwell on what players are doing.

The commentator's bias will also colour their judgement.

My original idea was for regular match attendees to offer their opinions.

Then its up to the reader to interpret the opinions the best way they can.

Played Rugby Union for most of my sporting life and having been blessed with an ample body shape and absolutely no speed I spent the whole of my career butting heads with opposition front rowers. (Could explain the headaches and quality of my Forum posts!)

When I watch a Rugby game I tend to watch the Forwards and my man of the match is usually a forward...based on the bias that backs only look good(and score all the points) as a result of the sacrifice and endeavour shown by their bulkier team mates.

Often been asked to give the 3-2-1 for matches and now I refuse.

Originally Posted By: Andrewc
What a load of opinionated people we have on here! laugh

I'm surprised you're so opinionated AFF. You haven't been to a game this season have you?

WWWHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I know I know !

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Things like having an opinion about did the holocaust happen are not the same as did Luke Moore play well in your opinion.

One is a considered opinion the other is a fact. I'll leave you lot to work out which is which.

You can not have a considered opinion on something you didn't see.

The holocaust on the other hand is something that is recognised as fact.

Saying that though it could change, although it obviously won't. It was once recognised fact that the world was flat...
This forum can be really deep at times.

In who,s opinion is it not flat, using your argument his opinion is worth naff all is it ???? have you been into space??? if not you have no right to say its not flat, cannot go by pics as they maybe false going by slarti,and you cannot talk about it as that would be giving a opinion, would it not ?????
I did not see my girlfriends mum die last night, but in the Dr,s opinion,(cannot be a fact as I was not there) she was dead, and it did not matter what we said or did she was still dead, so shall I take notice of the Dr?? or shall I seek out a Advetiser so that I can have there opinion ??? or shall I accept that in life that opinions of people,who were there at the time, Ie Dr,s people who were in the holocaust, football fans etc there opinions can matter?? far more than the peoples opinion on here????

The first rule of the train game is that you don't type about the train game.

However, seeing as this has now gone cyber...

The train game originated at the Reading Festival in 1998.

The main stage is parrallel to the east coast mainline and there are loads of trains going up and down. The basic premise is to shout and point 'Train' when one goes past. You get a point for that. Someone got the Orient Express once. We agreed on bonus points for this. If you incorrectly call 'Train', you lose a point and everyone laughs at you for the idiot that you are.

You can play the train game pretty much anywhere on the site at Reading.

The train game can be played anywhere except when one is on a train or in a station.

With some great joy, we realised that you can play the train game at Stonebridge Road both from the Plough End and outside the bar.

You used to be able to play the ultimate train game at Aldershot as they were literally zooming past you about ten feet away.

This season, there was a big fence up and they shoved us up the other end of the terrace so that was a disappointment.

Other variants of the train game include the lorry game (Satanage), the wideload drive round game (Florida theme parks with fat people) and the tractor game (Ireland)

I think that the Ladyboy game may well start on Thursday!

Originally Posted By: BustaGut

I did not see my girlfriends mum die last night, but in the Dr,s opinion,(cannot be a fact as I was not there) she was dead, and it did not matter what we said or did she was still dead, so shall I take notice of the Dr?? or shall I seek out a Advetiser so that I can have there opinion ??? or shall I accept that in life that opinions of people,who were there at the time, Ie Dr,s people who were in the holocaust, football fans etc there opinions can matter?? far more than the peoples opinion on here????

She had better be dead or I won't get paid! Also, who the hell did I bury?

This argument has gotten dull, it just goes round in circles