Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Today

KShep

Originally Posted By: chris blanc
Originally Posted By: BustaGut

I did not see my girlfriends mum die last night, but in the Dr,s opinion,(cannot be a fact as I was not there) she was dead, and it did not matter what we said or did she was still dead, so shall I take notice of the Dr?? or shall I seek out a Advetiser so that I can have there opinion ??? or shall I accept that in life that opinions of people,who were there at the time, Ie Dr,s people who were in the holocaust, football fans etc there opinions can matter?? far more than the peoples opinion on here????

She had better be dead or I won't get paid! Also, who the hell did I bury?

This argument has gotten dull, it just goes round in circles

That was not a example that is the truth, so take the pi** if you wish. as your not allowed a opinion.

There you go.

You said your girlfriends mum had died and w all believed you, now you say that she hasn't died. Now none of us knows whether she is alive or dead.

If we had all been round your girlfriends mums house we would no doubt be better informed.

P.S. if the old girl croaked you have my sympathy.

P.S.S. is she didn't, what an awful thing to lie about.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
There you go.

You said your girlfriends mum had died and w all believed you, now you say that she hasn't died. Now none of us knows whether she is alive or dead.
If we had all been round your girlfriends mums house we would no doubt be better informed.

I suggest you learn to read !!!!! where does it say she never died ?????

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Things like having an opinion about did the holocaust happen are not the same as did Luke Moore play well in your opinion.

One is a considered opinion the other is a fact. I'll leave you lot to work out which is which.

You can not have a considered opinion on something you didn't see.

The holocaust on the other hand is something that is recognised as fact.

Saying that though it could change, although it obviously won't. It was once recognised fact that the world was flat...
This forum can be really deep at times.

In who,s opinion is it not flat, using your argument his opinion is worth naff all is it ???? have you been into space??? if not you have no right to say its not flat, cannot go by pics as they maybe false going by slarti,and you cannot talk about it as that would be giving a opinion, would it not ?????
I did not see my girlfriends mum die last night, but in the Dr,s opinion,(cannot be a fact as I was not there) she was dead, and it did not matter what we said or did she was still dead, so shall I take notice of the Dr?? or shall I seek out a Advetiser so that I can have there opinion ??? or shall I accept that in life that opinions of people,who were there at the time, Ie Dr,s people who were in the holocaust, football fans etc there opinions can matter?? far more than the peoples opinion on here????

No Busta, my point (I hope) was that things like the holocaust and the shape of the Earth is the leading people in the field of science or history or people doing research and then all coming together to agree on the same thing. They all have the same opinions and agree that the Earth is round. If they find some evidence that the Earth is not round or that the holocaust didn't happen then they'll change their opinions and as they know there stuff for being leading their field then I'll believe them.

Also you don't need to leave the Earth to see that it is round.

Originally Posted By: Slartibartfast
There you go.

I suggest you learn to read !!!!! where does it say she never died ?????

It says it right here....

That was not a example that is the truth,

From your following post I take it you meant to write 'That was not an example, that was the truth,'.

I have already learnt to read but it is easy to missunderstand a meaning if the punctuation is incorrect.

Many apologies.

For those on here criticising the recent performance of players like Nade and Eribenne (CG) you may be interested (if that is the right choice of phrase)to learn that Chukki's father died over the Christmas period - so it is just possible that he may have had other things on his mind during your lambasting of him . On a MYFC note , if Chukki didn't feel able to do a job on the pitch for this reason , would they have accepted Liam's explanation for Chukki's unwillingness to participate if he had been selected , and subsequent replacement of him in a starting XI by , say , Liam's choice of John Akinde? Or smelt a rat , which could have some 30K owners calling for his head over not playing "their" game their way ?

Condolences to Chukki - life goes on , live it , be all that you can be - just want to do it .

Originally Posted By: 1 F in Fleet
For those on here criticising the recent performance of players like Nade and Eribenne (CG) you may be interested (if that is the right choice of phrase)to learn that Chukki's father died over the Christmas period - so it is just possible that he may have had other things on his mind during your lambasting of him . On a MYFC note , if Chukki didn't feel able to do a job on the pitch for this reason , would they have accepted Liam's explanation for Chukki's unwillingness to participate if he had been selected , and subsequent replacement of him in a starting XI by , say , Liam's choice of John Akinde? Or smelt a rat , which could have some 30K owners calling for his head over not playing "their" game their way ?
Condolences to Chukki - life goes on , live it , be all that you can be - just want to do it .

Mr Eribenne snr - RIP

On a MYFC note , if Chukki didn't feel able to do a job on the pitch for this reason , would they have accepted Liam's explanation for Chukki's unwillingness to participate if he had been selected , and subsequent replacement of him in a starting XI by , say , Liam's choice of John Akinde? Or smelt a rat , which could have some 30K owners calling for his head over not playing "their" game their way ?

What a ridiculous question. I'm not even sure which assumption--all of which are wrong--to begin with.

It's inconceivable that Liam or Chukki either one would come under criticism from MyFC members for replacing him in the lineup because of a death in his family. It's absurd and mean spirited to suggest otherwise.

Originally Posted By: rsheard

What a ridiculous question. I'm not even sure which assumption--all of which are wrong--to begin with.

It's inconceivable that Liam or Chukki either one would come under criticism from MyFC members for replacing him in the lineup because of a death in his family. It's absurd and mean spirited to suggest otherwise.

I actually thought it was a perfectly good question. It all comes under the current round-a-bout argument that is on the forum, "What will happen in the squad selection process if..."

None of us know what will happen in certain scenarios or even how the thing will work in the first place, this has been debated on here since November 13th.

So it goes to show how we as Fleet fans have evolved. Until MyFC came along all we had to argue about over and over again was the attendances, don't get me wrong we still argue about those as well and the same reasons for them being low are offered along with the same solutions but now we have two things to talk about at such boring lengths that it makes me wan to gouge my eyes out so that I don't have to read about it any more. Watch us grow...

Originally Posted By: bsmith
Doesn't mean it's any less round, just happens not to be a perfect sphere.

Like everything it depends on perspective - its not round from pole to pole (it is round along the equator)

Ok its probably a bit of an sbstract tangent for the thread but I like tangents (and pointless discussions - thats why I signed up here)

Originally Posted By: Yorkshire Fan
Originally Posted By: bsmith
Doesn't mean it's any less round, just happens not to be a perfect sphere.

Like everything it depends on perspective - its not round from pole to pole (it is round along the equator)

Ok its probably a bit of an sbstract tangent for the thread but I like tangents (and pointless discussions - thats why I signed up here)

What a load of spheroids! wink laugh

Sheard

As a teacher you should know there is no such thing as a stupid question .

You call them assumptions , maybe they are , but situations arise and circumstances change - no doubt there will be plenty of these in the future for the Obersts to vote on - I just hope they are well informed before their red button gets pushed . Clearly , not everybody knew about Chukki's sad loss , and those people alluded to here are Fleet fans and regulars . Think about it .

First of all can I also offer my condolences to Chukki and his family. The loss of a family member is difficult at any time - but can be even harder when it occurs at Christmas time.

On a MYFC note , if Chukki didn't feel able to do a job on the pitch for this reason , would they have accepted Liam's explanation for Chukki's unwillingness to participate if he had been selected , and subsequent replacement of him in a starting XI by , say , Liam's choice of John Akinde?

Yes.

Liam Daish has demonstrated a lot of confidence in MyFC's involvement and I would be confident that the members of MyFC would acknowledge that there are some issues that should not be broadcast publically and accept the coach's word in such situations.