Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Abbey score

Mr Happy

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Oh, and f4ck off you fat ginger bearded arse4ole Abbey man. What club do you actually suport this season!?

And a Happy New Year to you as well!

What a lovely bunch you lot are - NOT!

Lording it when you win and dishing out nothing but foul and abusive comments when you lose. Well, I will NEVER sink to your level!

To answer your question... Waltham Abbey. The only problem is that due to work committments at the moment, I can't get to as many games as I would like. (Have seen all the home's and some away.)

What a joke, things have been bad all season (or two actually) but losing to that lot proves we need fresh impetus, change, new ideas, how long has that been obvious to just about 90% of the supporters?

Losing to a mickey mouse park side like wabbey is unacceptable and has put a play off place well & truly at risk, to the point where we are relying on other results.

Every time the ground staff work their butts off to get a game on we lose. So why the #### bother? Enfield town can play now some quality football when we have a mind too but a pitch like yesterdays just evens up the skills for teams like Waltham Abbey and Ware who week in week out play on poor quality pitches.

I felt it was a competitive and interesting game until tinkerman changed things at half time (for whatever reason). From the moment the substitution was made the result was not in doubt.

Of course the sending off changed the game, Jim went defensive immediately and left Michael Deane up front on his own. As soon as we sat back a mistake by Nay in the mud and Collins was in for a good goal. I felt Jamie Nay is not a wet weather player. Surely like horses Jim knows who plays best under what conditions? Nay and Velandia are much better dry weather players.

Calvin Petrie is tall and if he had the skills of Peter Crouch he would not be playing for the Wabbey. As for scaring us it ain't what you got it is how you use it!

Jim should talk to Lee White - a useful player.

After all the good work of Edgware Rudi come back and everything is undone - thanks rude. I agree with others thought the rest of the boys gave it their all Rudi owes them all and us an apology. Week in week out the fundraising team raises money for work on the ground only to see it swallowed up by club fines my heart sinks for them.

Lets be honest Abbey played very well.Competed well,has a good left winger and even Lurch up-top managed too look unusually composed throughout most of the game.The game had draw written all over it,until Rudi got himself sent off.The mistake by Nay that gifted Abbey their winning goal was largely down to the ball getting stuck in a puddle,and as a result Jamie got himself it a big tangle.

Another woefull home display directly after a great away performance.Its so predictable ,it not funny any more.Week in week out.Year in year out.Brimo has become a jinked nightmare to play on.How can certain players always perfom on the road but never perform at home??

Right lets go through the team.

Foster in goal.Still not inspiring massive confidence.Positioning questionable for the second goal.Nowhere near the close range header for the first.The striker scored from a standing jump in the six yard box.Not good enough.

Nay had a complete nightmare.Always looked to get forward during our attacks,but proved once and for all that he is NOT a wing-back.

Bastian had a good game,got some nice crosses in and had to chase down many wayward passes to him.Does tend to not get back in position quickly in the last quater of games though.

Tickner was my MOM .Committed and passionate to the end.

Heald play OK.Not his best game though.

Harvey.Can't remember him touching the ball in the first half.Had a poor first 15 minutes of the second half,but played well during the last third of the game.

Velendia played ok and was unlucky to be taken off.

Jones had one of his worst games for us.Off the pace,seemily lacking in fitness,unusally ineffective in the the air.You would have thought that that surface would have been ideal for him yesterday.

Hammett had a poor game.Covered ground well,but his touch was not positive or firm enough on the sticky conditions.

Ozzie had a decent game again.Without ever looking like scoring (again)

Deane looked dangerous and run his socks off.If he had had one decent through ball he would have converted it.Unfortunatly he did get one all game.

Rudi let the club down again.I reckon he would have done something in the game as well,if he had stayed on.

Crace and Kofi, were badly missed yesterday

I got to see the last 40 or so minutes and I'd like to congratulate Waltham Abbey on a superb performance . Abbey were by far the better team A great late goal to win the match and you could see it coming a mile off ,Townies fans were very muted it has to be said, but understandable due to what was served up by their players . Town for play offs ----Not on this showing .

So he has finally licked his wounds/swallowed his pride,and with tail firmly between legs,Brimsdown Rover finally reappears on our forum. applause2

The last we heard of him,he was going on about ETFC getting 50% of the lease, over his dead body.Never in a million years..etc.

I would have thought he had would have had the decency to resign any involvment in Brimsdown Rovers after they blatenly ignored his opinions?

Anyway, as someone who only watches us at home,and then only in the last half hour,i don't think he is in the best position to judge our promotion chances.

That reminds me.As discussed previously,are the committee putting plans in place to stop the freeloaders and stragglers walking through the gates for free during the second half of games??

Not really.Its a basic and widely used system at most football grounds.The hardest thing to do,would be to pursuade one of our fans to act as steward and check tickets (thus not being able to see the match).I suggested before, that each boardmember could take it in turns.They would only have to do about two games each then.I would also be in favour of allowing entry for half price at (or after) half-time.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Not really.Its a basic and widely used system at most football grounds.The hardest thing to do,would be to pursuade one of our fans to act as steward and check tickets (thus not being able to see the match).I suggested before, that each boardmember could take it in turns.They would only have to do about two games each then.I would also be in favour of allowing entry for half price at (or after) half-time.

Have you been drinking? laugh