Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Beckham Out

Hornchurch "O"

Originally Posted By: Tricky Winger
It's a difficult one, at face value he shouldn't be in as he hasn't played a competitive match for months but as it's just a friendly should he be given the chance for his 100th cap ?

I think any other manager would have given him his 100th cap in this game.

Still it's about the team and not the individuals that make up the team.

Originally Posted By: Westie
Not for me it won't..... I had a tenner at 11 to 1 that he'd not make 100 caps some time ago!!!

Roll on.

Hope you've read the small print with that bet Westie !! Those kind of bets usually only get paid out once the player is deceased, you might be waiting 50 years for a pay out if he's left stranded on 99 caps wink

another poor decision by an england coach,fair enough he hasn't been playing but he has kept himself fit and in the croatia game he was our best player,so we leave our best player out of the next game,thats not going forward for me!

And as for the arguement that he plays in a weak league,half the USA players played in the american league and theey still got to a world cup quarter final

and fulham have how many????

i think beckham deserves to bee in the squad,he is still one of our best players and one that younger players can learn from,lets face it both mclaren & capello have disgarded him before and both have been forced to admit they were wrong,his excuse is that beckham hasn't played but woodgate only played one match last night,first game for weeks,he will hardly be match fit.For me it seems personal with beckham and the manager of any national team should pick his best side,not one that rules out your best players because of personal differences between manager & player,beckham is a quality player,good trainer and always gives 100%,fair enough his lifestyle can seem a bit theatre at times but he doesn't really ask for all that,i am sure he wouldn't mind being left alone just to play football,if clubs want to pay him millions of pounds he is hardly going to turn it down!

He had a big fall out with Capello at Real Madrid.

If you're asked to pay over £50 you should expect to see the best players.

Lennon & Wright-Phillips flatter to deceive most of the time.

I don't think sentiment should come into it.

He deserves his place on merit.

He's training with Arsenal and they say he's fit.

He should play.

The Italian will have to surrender, just like McLaren did.

Having said all that.

England caps are thrown at anyone these days.

Past England managers have made a mockery of the whole system, especially in friendlies.

Needs overhauling altogether.

Shouldn't get a cap until made 5 starts is one idea.

1 cap wonders anyone?