Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

league rules?

League rules are that you have to have a competent person (referee) to inspect the pitch and make a decision, it does not say at what time. 0830 seems very early, especially with the sun shining and a good forecast, 1200 would have been more appropriate. So whodunit? He had to sign the form and state the time, maybe a league officer could answer?

I think you will find that Bookham and Dorking wait for a local referee untill 10:00/11:00 depending on how severly the pitch seems affected.

Anything before 10:00 seems a little premature to me.

I know how much work is required in calling off a game, (generally min of 10 phone calls) and Chessington like Dorking have a pitch that holds the water badly in certain areas. 10 o'clock sounds about right to me, I always try and leave it as long as possible allowing for vistitors, officials and our players travelling time.

Was it a ground frost or just an air frost, if we'd had weeks of frozen pitches (like in the good old days)then yer the pitches did get a bit heavy when they thawed out, but not after 1 night,why is it not left untill the match officialls arrive, a lot of the cove players live in that area and it takes 30-40 minutes from cove so there are no travelling problems for the rest of the team,did the cove lad who looked at the pitch fail to spot it was waterlogged?

Dunno Duncs just passing on my thoughts, Agreed it dont take long from Cove but not sure about the officials, also could be the case that by playing the game it would cause more permenant damage to the pitch and as we dont have a huge back log at present save the pitch, only my thoughts.

Spoke to a Chessington player tonight and there was a game Thursday and it had left the pitch very cut up and with the frost in no fit state to play, no one advised the groundman until it was to late and he'd made other plans and could not get there, I'm lead to believe.

spoke to a couple of the lads i know and they were informed at about half 10 of a waterlogged pitch. they are gagging to play as there last match was at cobham at the turn of the year. i believe all youth games were off on both sat and sun there my nephew was due to play and didint.