Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Can someone tell me.........

OldTowner

What is wrong between Ozie Foster and Jim ?

There must be a problem as Jim fails to use him off the bench when we are in need of a goal and the forwards on the pitch are not doing it !

Ozie is our only forward with pace, unless of course you play Dean up front where he should be ( according to all the stupid views of supporters ).

Front 2 - Foster and Dean.

Hammatt - lost touch and slow

Crace - no pace

Grieves - no pace - and not even on bench

Smith - injured

And Jim goes out and brings in more defenders !!

Can someone tell me ........

when Jim will call it a day ?

I don't think Jim is the issue - Dress it up how you like - I can only conclude the existing strike pairing doesn't like him and calls the shots. I love to watch Ozie - slow, slow, quick, quick, slow. It may be strictly ballroom but it is a pleasure to watch.

Michael Deanes brought some much needed pace and scored 5 goals in his first 5 games but that was quickly fixed by putting him out on the left wing and making him stay there!

Luke Marshall has score 35 goals already this season but predominantly at youth football level. Ditto Max Mitchell but you've got to let them get into positions they can strike a fair chance shot. They were allowed in front of goal @ Bedfont and were a brilliant pairing in that one match.

Hammatt - should be in the midfield where town fans say he can add value

Crace - not fit and this is reflected in his 1 in 3 hit ratio compaired to 1 in 2 last year.

Grieves - One major skill he can head a ball better than any of the others but no pace

Smith - still unfit

In fairness Jim was looking at Lee Brown last Wednesday.

Well in the Bury game we never made a serious challenge to warrent a booking!!!

As for the Ozzie Factor who knows, at least when Ozzie is on the field you get 100% effort, and after his run in the team earlier in the season I never saw any reason for him to be dropped, where there are certain others who do need dropping and are not.

Gurantee to see Rudi back next Saturday I reckon with one of the youngsters dropped yet they have both played well enough to continue in the starting line up.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Well in the Bury game we never made a serious challenge to warrent a booking!!!

As for the Ozzie Factor who knows, at least when Ozzie is on the field you get 100% effort, and after his run in the team earlier in the season I never saw any reason for him to be dropped, where there are certain others who do need dropping and are not.

Gurantee to see Rudi back next Saturday I reckon with one of the youngsters dropped yet they have both played well enough to continue in the starting line up.

I may be wrong but I think the youngsters may have an FA County Youth Cup Semifinal for Middlesex next Saturday. If they make it to the final I think we should all make effort to go and support them at Bradford City or Ipswich Towns ground in the final.