Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enough is Enough!!!

ETFCforever

The current Ryman premier is a step below the old Ryman Premier.Nearly half of the clubs currently in that league opperate on a shoestring and with attendences lower than ours.

Big money IS need at Conference South and above,but Town have a Ryman Premier infrastuture and should by now be in that league.A major overhaul of how the club is funded may be needed to progress past Step3 though.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
To be fair ,Ashley is a great lad and can be a good keeper,but he isn't consistant enough.All the keepers we have brought in since Chopper have been very similar to Ashley (ie..Good potential but not 100% relaible).One of our last keepers Andre Foster was almost identical to Ashley,both in stance and strenghs and weaknesses.The only two keepers that Town fans have felt any confidence in are Andy Hall and Jerome John.That is the sort of 'finished article' keeper we now need to be looking for. Not another unrelaible keeper albiet with good potential.

I don't think Ashley was or is the answer, although perhaps a potential understudy. His performance for Brimsdown reserves last week confirmed that, to me. My preference would be to stick with Charlie for the rest of the season with Jordane Blake from the U-18's on the bench every week & playing in the Capital League to see how he handles it. If that goes well, they could both be in the mix for the first team shirt next season.

Enough is abolutely enough regarding "team issues" and that means the Management team.

At Wivenhoe WHY ......

1, Why was Campbell playing centre back ?

2, Why was Deane ( a left footed forward player ) playing right mid-field - always had to stop and cut back to get the ball onto his left foot ?

3, Why was Foster ( a centre forward ) playing behind the front two strickers ?

4, Why was Kofi on the bench ? Was he fit to play or not ?

5, Why is the yellow card count so high ? Jones and Tickner should have seen Red.

6, Why does Hammatt "play act" all game ? He deserved his Red - no doubt about it.

7, Why did Campbell smash the ball out of the ground and beyond after giving away a free kick - another Yellow !!

8, Why does Jim not have a clue how to change things around when they are going wrong ?

9 Why does Hammatt Senior just swear at the players instead of giving some constructive views ?

10, Why should we, the supporters, continue to pay into the club, just to see monies go out on fines etc ?

Someone at Board level has to stand up and answer these points.

OUR Club is falling apart due to the boards lack of action.

and finally,

11, Why could our team of so called good standard players, not muster a shot between them during 90+ minutes ?

Enough is Enough!!

I gave up trying to get there when I was stuck in traffic and from the sound of it I made the right choice but as I wasnt there I cant comment although it doesnt stop some others!

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
1, Why was Campbell playing centre back ?
2, Why was Deane ( a left footed forward player ) playing right mid-field - always had to stop and cut back to get the ball onto his left foot ?
3, Why was Foster ( a centre forward ) playing behind the front two strickers ?
4, Why was Kofi on the bench ? Was he fit to play or not ?
5, Why is the yellow card count so high ? Jones and Tickner should have seen Red.
6, Why does Hammatt "play act" all game ? He deserved his Red - no doubt about it.
7, Why did Campbell smash the ball out of the ground and beyond after giving away a free kick - another Yellow !!
8, Why does Jim not have a clue how to change things around when they are going wrong ?
9 Why does Hammatt Senior just swear at the players instead of giving some constructive views ?
10, Why should we, the supporters, continue to pay into the club, just to see monies go out on fines etc ?
11, Why could our team of so called good standard players, not muster a shot between them during 90+ minutes ?....

Good post O/T I dont know where you stand to view the game but every point you make I agree 100% with, when the team was announced several of us were in discussion & shaking our heads by the time the announcer reached the number 2 shirt!!

It really isnt rocket science is it, Nay at right back with Campbell in front of him & Harvey as one of the centre backs.

If as a manager you are not happy with those players playing in their natural positions then replace them, surely you do not play players out of their usual positions just to tinker.

Maybe Kofi is still getting fit after his injury so I would accept him being a sub but the rest was just bizarre, but then again its not the first time is it!!

Also did anyone else notice Bastian running into acres of space all through the first half only for us not to deliver the ball to him once, Nethercott spent the entire half shouting at his right back to stop giving him so much space yet we failed to see it!

Originally Posted By: MbrunoB
I gave up trying to get there when I was stuck in traffic and from the sound of it I made the right choice but as I wasnt there I cant comment although it doesnt stop some others!

I think after consecutive defeats to the bottom two teams in the league even Wagga Mick in Australia could comment!

why this, why that, the referee, the world and his wife etc are all against us.

the managers and his team are rubbish.

STOP MOANING and do something about it then.

ebbsfleet did and now they all pick the side etc.

if you lot all know whats best, you all allegedly have the POWEr to vote people here there and everywhere -

why dont you all pick the side then maybe you'll find out where all the money goes.

pay per play / performance etc......

good luck.

Sober,

Not worth an "in depth" response.

You seem to miss the point that "most" supporters who watch The Town are questioning the Manager and or his tactics, team selection etc etc as well as the commitment of the Players.

If you don't go to the games, you wont be in a position to / can't comment, can you.

Ebbsfleet Fc didn't do it at all.

They were purchased by a limited company football website.That company then charge its members £35-odd a season in order to be allowed to pick and choose who should be in the starting 11 each week.I also believe they can make suggestions on transfers and the coaching staff..etc.Although the owners ultimately make any monetary discisions.

The flaw lies in the fact that the vast majority of those picking the team are not Ebbsfleet supporters and most don't watch the team play each week,so must rely on second hand oppinions on various forums,in order to make a supposodly informed opinion on who should be playing in the next game.

Now i'm not saying it can't work,if done correctly.As one of the few independent supporter run clubs in existance,that gives us ,as a club, oppotunities that most fans can't have.

So theoretically it would be possible to put a structure in place where the payed up club membership could vote on who should be in the team week by week.Those of us on here mostly seem to agree on who should or should not be in the team.50+ people offering experienced and educated views, may just be better than one new mans take on things.

For example: Mike Smee as head coach with him ultimately in charge of bringing players in and letting players go,but with the membership choosing the starting line-up and formation for every upcoming game.Plus also offering suggestions on new players to sign..etc.

Well,Ebbsfleets manager seems happy with such an arrangement.

Mike Smee is probably to early into his career to be given the Enfield Town management role outright.

Which alternative would he prefur? Assistant manager to another boss or outright Manager (incorporating a members selection panel).With the second option he would still have total control of which players he wanted in his squad and which players he didn't.Plus total control over tactic and training...etc.

Plus it could take the pressure of his shoulders.The more senior players couldn't resent him for dropping them or leaving them out if they dipped in form.Thus keeping team sprit high in the dressing room.just think of the harm to squad unity over the past few seasons caused by the current perceived bias in team selection.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

Mike Smee is probably to early into his career to be given the Enfield Town management role outright.

We will get what the Board gives us and sadly for now that is the Status Quo. Despite our unanimous view and loss of our goodwill.

There is no guarantee that they will not appoint the same management team for another year. You credit them with too much commonsense.

Next season you could be singing

"Here we are
here we are and here we go
all aboard
and we're hittin' the road
here we go rockin' all over the world!"

it is you that is missing the point, if as you say the majority of fans, how ever many that may be, are in favour of a change of leadership, or dont like the way the board is running the club, then either stand yourself, or vote them out, assuming you still work on the principal of one person one vote.

ive been told so many times that its the fans club etc etc, then do something about it or quit moaning.

There is still a small possibility of making it to a play-off place and thus gaining promotion.I'm sure the board won't act until it is a mathmatical impossibility that we can not be promoted.

I feel it is far more important that we have the best possible mamagement team in place for the start of next season,rather than if and when our current manager goes this season.The board will be judged on who they bring in and how they support him.If they feel we have a better chance of bringing in a top management team IF we wait until the closed season,then that is their call.That way they also honour their committment to give Jim every possibility to gain promotion (however unlikely it looks to be).

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: MbrunoB

I think after consecutive defeats to the bottom two teams in the league even Wagga Mick in Australia could comment!

Hi all!
Back on track...son went to Uni and took the computer with him.
New computer..gotta learn how to drive it!
Haven't even seen latest results but reading between the lines on this thread I get the picture.
Still coming to grips with Rock Steady's 43 at Clacton-on-sea.

Originally Posted By: SirGarfieldSober
it is you that is missing the point, if as you say the majority of fans, how ever many that may be, are in favour of a change of leadership, or dont like the way the board is running the club, then either stand yourself, or vote them out, assuming you still work on the principal of one person one vote.

ive been told so many times that its the fans club etc etc, then do something about it or quit moaning.

Thats something I said on this messageboard a couple of weeks ago or so. If you have no faith in the present board, then organise yourselves and vote them out. If however, you do not have the support you would like to think you have, then if you can't put up, shut up, as they say. The comments about the board from a few people who post are starting to look personal. Is it any co incidence that the majority of these posts are coming from ex board member(s), I believe.

Originally Posted By: Pretty Vacant
Originally Posted By: SirGarfieldSober

Thats something I said on this messageboard a couple of weeks ago or so. If you have no faith in the present board, then organise yourselves and vote them out. If however, you do not have the support you would like to think you have, then if you can't put up, shut up, as they say. The comments about the board from a few people who post are starting to look personal. Is it any co incidence that the majority of these posts are coming from ex board member(s), I believe.

What the hell are you on about.
You "believe" wrong, you nutter.