Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So what did you do?

Steph

Getting of the coach yesterday we were left with a Saturday afternoon and nothing to do. My father, it seems, had been looking forward to a coach trip to Sudbury and he was not about to go without his entertainment.

We were all happy to go somewhere for lunch but when dad suggested Bradwell I was a little surprised so I suggested Burnham and go to the Cabin for lunch. After if Burnham were at home we could go there alternatively Maldon, Hullbridge may be on offer.

As it was The Cabin was full so we adjourned to the Star for a light lunch and a few jars of Morland. We bought a paper and discovered that The Gordon Brasted Trophy final was at Burnham between Concorde Rangers and Eton Manor - so wanting to renew aquaintance with Chopper we went to Leslie Field and saw the final.

It was a good game. Both sides determined to get the trophy. First half was evenly matched as the ball held up against the wind for Eton Manor and just before half time they took the lead with a dipping shot under the bar.

Second half Concorde had the advantage of the wind holding the ball up and they secured a penalty early in the half with Chopper going the wrong way. A few minutes later the EM defence seemed to admire the forward play as they could not put in a tackle to stop them a goal followed. 3-1 to concorde and they were clearly on top.

Late on EM scored from a cross but it was no use final score 3-2. Chopper pulled of one outstanding save in the first half but was let down badly by his defence. His kicking has got worse barely making the half way line even with the wind. But a thoroughly entertaining game even though the ref was up to the usual Essex standard there was no arguing and no real dirty play.

Number 4 for Concorde was my man of the match.

Hoddesdon v Sun Postal Sports. Good game played in an end to end gale. Hoddy won 3-2 with a last minute goal from Peter Ulatowski. Richard Howard also played.

Played that extreme sport known as "Arctic Golf"!!

With five layers of clothing each, The Towns intrepid three explorers set off for 9 holes of total bizarre golf even for us three loons!

The guy at the club shop couldnt believe we were going out & gave us a £4 discount for bravery (I think he meant stupidity) as we were the only ones on the course!!

He seemed genuinly concerned for our safety as we set off in a force 9 gale, laughing like complete nutters!

We then had every weather element but rain thrown at us, peaking at a hailstorm on the 5th, where The Hat got upto his usual tricks clearing a path for his ball for a putt!!

We then got the message that the game was off, bloody wimps!!

After completing the round we retired to the bar for a coffee & some bizarre tales about brussel sprouts & a local copper from the old boy in the clubhouse about days gone by!!

Great Fun Had By All!!

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Played that extreme sport known as "Arctic Golf"!!

With five layers of clothing each, The Towns intrepid three explorers set off for 9 holes of total bizarre golf even for us three loons!

The guy at the club shop couldnt believe we were going out & gave us a £4 discount for bravery (I think he meant stupidity) as we were the only ones on the course!!

He seemed genuinly concerned for our safety as we set off in a force 9 gale, laughing like complete nutters!

We then had every weather element but rain thrown at us, peaking at a hailstorm on the 5th, where The Hat got upto his usual tricks clearing a path for his ball for a putt!!

We then got the message that the game was off, bloody wimps!!

After completing the round we retired to the bar for a coffee & some bizarre tales about brussel sprouts & a local copper from the old boy in the clubhouse about days gone by!!

Great Fun Had By All!!

I only lost one ball. How many did you lose?????? And I came third!!

I played 18 at Wagga wagga Country Club this arvo with a score of 96 which becomes a 76 seasonally adjusted.

It was hot and I hate playing golf when its too hot so I've decided to seasonally adjust my scores.

Given the outrageous weather conditions you played in at your last outing you may want to adopt the same system.

I was outside the Chinese embassy for most of the weekend Steph in protest about the opression of Tibet . A good turn out but the cold didn't do my gout & sciatica much good . But we got our point across and I'll be there again today . Regards K C .

Originally Posted By: waggamick
.......Given the outrageous weather conditions you played in at your last outing you may want to adopt the same system.

Great idea Wagga.

Seasonally adjusting my score gives me a 37! greenapple

Seasonally adjusting The Hats score gives him a 63! biglaugh

Watched the mighty Yid Army beat Portsmouth 2-0. That was great but then had to endure a couple of hours shopping in Enfield Town with Mrs H and the Little Miss Hs. Then cheered up again with a visit to Pizza Hut.

steph to be fair to chopper there was a hurrendous wind which makes kicking conditions difficult, think you bein a bit harsh there. but you do have a girls name so i guess thats reason for the complex blush

Well at least I am not small!

With regard to the wind he didn't get distance even when kicking with the wind. It may have been that he was not kicking it hard with the wind as he was concerned that it would run away from the forwards but I thought that he should have done better.

Your goalie could at least get it beyond the half way line against the wind.

Originally Posted By: Steph
Getting of the coach yesterday we were left with a Saturday afternoon and nothing to do. My father, it seems, had been looking forward to a coach trip to Sudbury and he was not about to go without his entertainment.

We were all happy to go somewhere for lunch but when dad suggested Bradwell I was a little surprised so I suggested Burnham and go to the Cabin for lunch. After if Burnham were at home we could go there alternatively Maldon, Hullbridge may be on offer.

As it was The Cabin was full so we adjourned to the Star for a light lunch and a few jars of Morland. We bought a paper and discovered that The Gordon Brasted Trophy final was at Burnham between Concorde Rangers and Eton Manor - so wanting to renew aquaintance with Chopper we went to Leslie Field and saw the final.

It was a good game. Both sides determined to get the trophy. First half was evenly matched as the ball held up against the wind for Eton Manor and just before half time they took the lead with a dipping shot under the bar.

Second half Concorde had the advantage of the wind holding the ball up and they secured a penalty early in the half with Chopper going the wrong way. A few minutes later the EM defence seemed to admire the forward play as they could not put in a tackle to stop them a goal followed. 3-1 to concorde and they were clearly on top.

Late on EM scored from a cross but it was no use final score 3-2. Chopper pulled of one outstanding save in the first half but was let down badly by his defence. His kicking has got worse barely making the half way line even with the wind. But a thoroughly entertaining game even though the ref was up to the usual Essex standard there was no arguing and no real dirty play.

Number 4 for Concorde was my man of the match.

Cheers Steph some nice comments there,not sure about the kicking part though mate. My kicking has never been better Steph miles better then it used to be. The last game i played at Burnham before xmas i was kicking onto the edge of the oppo 18 yard box as the pitch aint the biggest so caution was the issue mate.(i am sure Kiaser wil confirm).