Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Depressed.

Hornet

Last night summed everything up. 192 attendance. Inept performance. No choir, outsung by the hardy Ebbsfleet few. Here was our chance of a minor success this season. There was no vocals on the pitch or from the dugout. I know Pinnock was carrying an injury but he looked totally dis-interested, if Bowles is promising then god help us. I looked around our makeshift ground ( feel sorry for the players in them mobile changing rooms-must be difficult to get motivated cramped in there ) at the temporary stands that seem to now be permanent, then I looked round at the hardy few that were there and everyone seemed resigned to the fact that this is it for us now-this our level and we're not going any further. R*msgate are laughing at us, if our manager really wanted any success he'd have put our best 11 out and tried to win this but it was just the same old cr^p.

I'm giving it one last game on Saturday and if it's still rubbish I won't attend again ( like loads of others ) until their is radical change at the club.

The only highlight was that the great man himself Chris Kinnear was their ( although I didn't see him myself ) to see his son ( an Ebbsleet sub. ). All game I was so tempted to start a chant of Chris Kinnears blue and white army but decided against it as I'd probably have got rounded on by the give Trott a chance brigade. Well I'm sorry, as far as I'm concerned his chance has gone.

Whilst I agree the ground isn't finished - it isn't that far from being very nice. A good sized 4 stepped terrace at the bottom end and a decent stand with changing rooms to replace the portacabins and you are not far from having a conference ground.

I see a problem with an expensive (and ageing) squad that really ought to have capitalised last year on having the best midfield in the league by a country mile.

Players such as Haworth, Macca, Jacko etc can only be afforded for so long, and tbh will start to struggle in a year or so.

If they cannot be replaced by better players then you will have the added problem with dwindling gates.

Good to meet some of you guys last night, though.

Good luck.

CG

Things have not always been rosy for The Fleet either as we have been through some bad time aswell Hornet. Just be a little more patient and maybe just maybe something might turn up to change your mind. Oh and I do not think Hartsdown Park is all that bad of a ground. Unfinished yes bad no.

I think it is refreshing to receive positive posts from Fleet fans on our forum. It was only a couple of years ago when we were both in the conference and were great rivals, so to receive them is a refreshing change from the c*** that is inserted here by the other side of Thanet. All I say to them is enjoy it while you can, but if you are looking for potential it is not from your side of Thanet and never will be.

Originally Posted By: Hornet
Last night summed everything up. 192 attendance. Inept performance. No choir, outsung by the hardy Ebbsfleet few.

I was also very dissaapointed with the attendance last night. There was only 3 members of the choir there yesterday, so it was not worth singing really plus there was not atmosphere either.

Can't wait for this season to end really, it's all become very depressing over the course of 5/6 days.

Spot on Chatham Gary. I agree with the squad and yes i think it is ageing now. We love these big players but surely they were at their peak a couple of seasons ago maybe at Gravesend. (Macca, Jacko, Pinns etc) Saunders was probably at his best when we were in the conference. As for the ground you have to appreciate we have been pushed from pillar to post over the last 10 years. We barely have any comfort at HDP (talking about covered terracing). The best view is in the seated temporary stand. You can't see much down the coffin end as it is flat and you get blown away. When you sit in the stand all you can see is the waiste ground opposite. You have to wonder will those that are not loyal MFC supporters start to go over to the red side or even Dover next season. Its quite depressing it really is. HDP is now no better than standing up Jackey Bakers on a sunday morning and getting blown away. You can even get a cup of tea on a sunday morning at JB's. I want to see progress even if its just with the ground. Just something to give us a glimmer of hope!

I'm sorry about the above post. I am down about the whole thing and I think back to the good times in the old HDP and wonder will we ever see it again. My interest has been low all season. I don't think i've been up HDP half as much as last season.

Anyway come on you DeVillians as we're in the cup final at St Lukes next month. At least i'm enjoying my own teams football.lol

Anyway i've added a pic from our semi final where we beat Lesters 3-1. This was the first time we've worn our new kit and as you can see it got a good test. Needless to say some came out of the wash pink for the following week. Thats the spirit of football lol

5411_thumb.jpg

Don't worry Paul you are showing your feelings, I really hope next season turns the corner for us both on and off the pitch.

Good luck in the final!

I am sure that something will come up soon cause I do not think that the club would want to piss you guys off any further. Heck why not suggest to the club a temporary terrace of some sort at the far end of the ground. It shouldn't cost a lot plus if they club are willing to do that it would show at least a tiny bit of progress. But hey small progress is at least better than none at all. So do not give up on your club just yet.

Oh and good luck for the rest of the season. I will be keeping an eye on the rest of your season and I hope you guys finish as high as you possibly can.

Yeah mate Ramsgate Albion at St Lukes were absolute class. How the standard of the Thanet Saturday league has fallen since.

That was fun although I will admit that I wasn't at my best back then as I'd only just started playing mens football coming up from youth. How did you know I played for them?

Proberly because i played for, managed, and became secretary ,in my 25 years with the club (including name changes).Look at the name Paul, i was secretary when you was there, i used to pick you up from Margate, myself or Karl