Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Proper supporters

I have noticed a few posts recently that are suggesting that your not a 'proper supporter' unless you attend EVERY match Home AND Away, that's not always the case, some of us work shifts that don't allow us to attend every match and although I and many others would love to watch 'The Fleet' every single time they play, it's not always possible.

I can understand that, when I lived locally and had an office hours job I was there come rain come shine for every home game, but work circumstances no longer allow me to watch midweek games. But I get riled at some of the fairweather fans too, only watch 2 games a season and know the squad backwards and reckon they are true supporters

Wembley is going to be interesting.

I would call myself a proper supporter and have just been told that I will be in block 134 for the final.

This is directly behind the goal which is more or less where we sit at Stonebridge Road.

Of the ten of us who have just got tickets, three go to every home match and quite a few away (one a season tkt holder), one is MyFC (who in fairness has been to most home and a couple of away since November). Of the other six, one come every now and again and the rest have about 3 matches between them I think. One has never seen us (mate from uni) and there is a girl going who I don't think has ever been to a live match before.

I'm quite happy with the location but it will be interesting to see who is in the vicinity.

In a way, I would rather have waited a bit but at least we have them I suppose and it is where I would have chosen to go viewing wise.

This is indeed good news.

I feel better knowing that I will not be surrounded by people going 'what's the goalkeeper called?'

Let's make some NOISE!

I have a total of four home shirts from through the ages so I will be giving these out to the non-believers who have jumped on the bandwagon to wear on the day.

Rather that than the gristleburgers on offer for us queuing in the car park today !

Honestly , the club takes the dough for the burger van , but don't open the club shop or have a table full of fan merchandise - trick missed ? I know it's down to staffing , but we must take every opportunity ! CARPE DINARE !!!

I went to my first fleet game at the age of 15 which was about 40 years ago. I used to be a season ticket holder when I lived in Gravesend. Then my job took me down to Sussex where I work Saturdays and often do not finish work until 7pm on weekdays. This means I can rarely get to matches. I still, however, follow the Fleet and get to the occasional match when I can. On your reckoning, does that mean I am no longer worthy to be called a 'proper supporter'?

Originally Posted By: Jeff

I have a total of four home shirts from through the ages so I will be giving these out to the non-believers who have jumped on the bandwagon to wear on the day.

I'll have one of those!
Look at it as International Aid...a diplomatic gesture....saying SORRY for sending my predecessors a long way away!
Hope its XXXL.

1 F in Fleet, regarding your merchandise selling comments, I said that exact thing to my wife whilst queing, it seems not opening the shop or having a table with merchandise and souvenirs was an opportunity missed, I know the club wouldn't want thousands of people wandering around in the ground, but it does seem this was a big money making opportunity that if handled correctly by officials could hsve worked.