Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Romford FC

Uncle Urchin

hi guys, just a thought but maybe it would be a good idea to keep off the romford forum for a while whilst their people find a way to resolve their current problems....if I recall... their chairman kindly requested that their posters refrained from bombarding ours a few years ago which in fairness they did....

in any event coachie is making a big enough fool of himself to stand us all in good stead...

ultimately we don't want to see any club in trouble so lets cut them a bit of slack if we can....

thanx..

Originally Posted By: Not The Real Steve West
Anyway, shouldn't you be on honeymoon or something??? smile

can't go away with you lot on the rampage... gore grin

don't get me wrong I know that we have had loads of stick off that lot and indeed we have given it back...me included.. but I just feel that sometimes its best to stand back and let the decent folk sort the problems out...there are people there that genuinely try to do the best for their club...

oh come on surely common sense cant prevail.... alk ....... i was awaiting the forum world war twelve between you guys..... grin

congratulations on the marriage unc

oh come on surely common sense cant prevail.... alk ....... i was awaiting the forum world war twelve between you guys..... grin

congratulations on the marriage unc

For anyone not with a copy of the Romford Recorder, it says that an unknown source (believed to be West Ham) has put in an unsolicited offer for the Rush Green Road ground currently used by Romford FC.

As a result, no leases are to be renewed for next season at Rush Green.

To give the full picture - the Recorder speculates that Romford FC's best choice is to seek a ground share at Aveley.

Following on, Mauritius Sports (currently sharing at Aveley) are thought to be moving to Wadham Lodge, where Waltham Forest have been 'evicted' (to use the Recorder's word), and Waltham Forest have had talks with Aveley but are more likely to end up sharing with Ilford.

Sorry but I do not know why Waltham Forest have been 'evicted'.

Originally Posted By: dagger04
For anyone not with a copy of the Romford Recorder, it says that an unknown source (believed to be West Ham) has put in an unsolicited offer for the Rush Green Road ground currently used by Romford FC.

could be another league club daggsy...

To give the full picture - the Recorder speculates that Romford FC's best choice is to seek a ground share at Aveley.

could be the only option at the present time

and Waltham Forest have had talks with Aveley but are more likely to end up sharing with Ilford.

only if they both get relegated as they already groundshare with an athletics club...RL will not allow a tri-part groundshare...

Sorry but I do not know why Waltham Forest have been 'evicted'

probably for ripping off away fans... grin

dagger may be able to help you here

the lease on the ground was up (similar to romford), waltham forest agreed to pay an increased rate to owners, but the "trust" who own the ground decided they wanted a new tenant basically. so waltham forest were EVICTED

got this from non league daily via afc sudbury website

FOREST BID SAD FAREWELL TO WADHAM LODGE

After thirteen years, Ryman League Division One North club Waltham Forest said goodbye to their home in Kitchener Road Walthamstow, with a 1-0 defeat to bottom club Ilford.

The goal, scored on a breakaway against a side they defeated 4-2 on Boxing Day, offered up a sad last chapter of a story that started in summer 1995 when Leyton FC moved out of their previous home at Lea Bridge Road and merged with Walthamstow Pennant to begin life as Leyton Pennant, retaining the Isthmian League status enjoyed by Leyton before the merger.

Five years ago, upon the arrival of new chairman Harry Ramis, it was decided to change the clubs name to Waltham Forest to try and establish a local identity, other than using the name Leyton, when the club no longer played in the district of Leyton but in neighbouring Walthamstow.

Since the departure of Ramis two years ago the club has struggled to get some stability and on the horizon was the prospect of a renewal of the lease of the ground.

After another change of chairman in November, the current incumbent, Azumah Cofie, set about talking to Wadham Lodge Trust who own the facilities in the Wadham Lodge complex to agree on a fee for rent.

Despite agreeing to meet their demands and even agreeing to fund additional money for costs, the Trust felt they were owed by the club over the previous four years, the Trust were still not prepared to offer the lease to Forest and it became clear that the Trust wanted a different club to have the lease.

Chairman Cofie, though was not content to sit on his laurels and wait for the negotiations to conclude and has been actively been working to set up several options for the short and long-term future of a home for the club.

When the Trust insisted that the club would have to pay for the use of the pitch for the last few home games and seemed to revise the cost on a weekly basis, Cofie decided to seek alternative arrangements for the final two home games of the season and the club has now de-camped to Witham Town fellow memebers of the Division One North.

It is a bitter end to an association that started well and saw some happy times but has gradually be deteriorating over the last few years.

With talks with several certain interested parties at an advanced stage, the club is hopeful of finalising plans for the club`s relocation in the next few weeks.

With thanks to www.nonleaguedaily.com