Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Player of the Season,

I guess we'll be getting voting slips on Tuesday or the following Saturday so who do those fans who attend games think should get the award?

My vote will go to Chris McPhee, who has been Mr Consistency, despite playing in positions that no-one, not even himself I suspect, would have envisaged when he joined us.

Others to consider in my view are Akinde (probably not played enough games, but made a big impact when he did), Cronin (another excellent season for him), Paul McCarthy (Mr Solid at the back when he's played), James Smith (certainly contender for the most improved player), Stacy Long (always buzzing around the pitch - when he's good, the Fleet are certainly at their best as well - and the goalscoring helps).

Others such as Rickets and Opinel have had solid seasons as well, but Rickets again probably hasnt played often enough, and Sachalosesmarks (unfortunately) for his hot headedness.

Any comments from anyone else?

My vote would go to Chris McPhee. The 'We all dream of a team of Chris McPhees' chant hasn't really taken off yet (but it will in due course!), however he has excelled in every position he has played in. His finishing has been slightly wayward, but for effort and efficacy, no-one ranks higher than him. If and when McCarthy retires, I think he must be a front-runner for the captaincy, should we keep him.

Im torn between McPhee and Lance. For me lances two saves in the first leg and the one on one in the first half of the second leg were his highights and ultimatley got us to the arch.

McPhee though has been willing to change roles , scored a few and created a few yet happy to shaw up defence when require.

James Smith for most improved player.

Mark Ricketts deserves a mention as I believe his introduction at Aldershot when we were under the cosh was pure genius by liam and his subseqant performance put some stability in a tiring and presssured defence.

Twat of the season. Dixie Dean for looking like Fish from marillion and running onto the pitch at Northwich , though I do forgive him and if he comes down against Oxford , ill have a beer with the bloke.

Disapointment of the Season:- Paul Jarvis`s beard. Resembling a shredded wheat stuck to his chin. Glad you shaved it off paul.

Lance, Stacy and Chris its boiled down to for me. I'll be deciding based upon the remaining games.

(I might voite Nade when he scores the winner at Wembley grin)

Originally Posted By: Hannah
Lance Cronin. The best goalkeeper in the league. So many fantastic saves this season, so many penalties saved. He gets my vote!

Runner up, Stacy Long.

Surprised you didn't go for.... someone else. grin

Chris McPhee gets my vote for all the reasons already mentioned.

Totally agree with James Smith as most improved player.

I suspect that Big John would be a shoe in for young player of the season which if true would be a pity because Micheal Bostwick has been fantastic all season.

Hope Liam can get a few more to sign up for nest season(s).

Originally Posted By: eufckev

Lance Cronin. The best goalkeeper in the league. So many fantastic saves this season, so many penalties saved. He gets my vote!

Runner up, Stacy Long.

I'm more surprised that you didn't!!!

Originally Posted By: eufckev

Runner up, Stacy Long.

I'm more surprised that you didn't!!!

grin grin grin

for sheer effort and versatility .. has to be Chris McPhee .. although Stacy Long and Lance Cronin and the every dependable Paul McCarthy have all been superb - special mention to Sacha, Smudger, Bosty and Bazza - once again all superb - god i love our players smile

Young player of year John Akinde .. no questions asked