Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

colin mcbrides red and white army

Uncle Urchin

I'm disappointed this morning as I hate fckn losing football matches even with jumpers down in the garden and after such a hugh effort from the boyseys all season we know how much we all wanted to fck up the wombles summer and grab the play off trophy but all that aside... which is the heart ruling the brain (yes I still have one believe it or not after nearly 60 years driving myself insane over footie) it was a year to early for us to be honest and we would have been off the pace next season in conference south...not so much on the pitch as the players we have would achieve mid... but off it as we seek to increase revenues and sponsorship...this way we get to have a nice stress free summer and plot and scheme over ways of actually winning the premier league next season which IMO is far more satisfactory than play off triumph (altho' not to be sniffed at) we have never won the premiership trophy and I would like to do so....its a big fck of shield and matching cup.....we wannit do we not...?

the premier league next season will be equally as tough as this season with or without the wombles and we won't miss the easy 6 points off the ponytails either... we'll get them off margate instead... grin dartford...dover..maybe canvey (I can walk there laugh ) maybe tooting and hooting...all good clubs with decent facilities and good support will ensure that the championship will be as hard as ever to win and of course along the way you just know that a ryman premier league team will make a nuisance of themselves in the FA Cup again and who knows...it could be us....

much work to be done this summer both on and off the field of play....many new improvements and building works at the stadium...much graft and improvement on the emerald carpet..trusts to form and implement for the running of the stadium...the advent of a regular broadcast from Radio Urchin next season...undoubtedly changes to the team I would expect as some players go and new ones come in but thats down to the gaffer and I haven't got a clue what he's thinking but I will find out and in due course.. and as the summer days drift slowly by.. the expectation will increase and we shall all get excited about the brave new dawn of season 08/09..

from my own perspective I have enjoyed it all..the highs and the lows... the usual rows with everyone over nowt and all the hugs and kisses that follow..the weekly round of fund raising to feed the animal (it used to be called begging grin ) and where the fck did the time go to..? a year has sped by and I nearly missed it...grin ...we made new friends and a few new enemies and we met many wonderful people who know who they are and are welcome anytime at urchin mansions and unfortunately a few ar5eholes who also know who they and thanx but give us a miss next season please....the fully paid up members of the red and white army were magnificent as usual and their numbers will surely expand next season as the word gets around that there is fun and entertainment at the bridge..well done everyone of you and a super big well done also to all of the volunteers..sponsors and staff members who make it all happen..applause

so...its been great.. but its over and all that remains is the players presentation night at the club on saturday to which you are all invited... disco and food laid on starting at 7pm and all at a fiver each....

see you all there.... yay

In your dreams Uncs getting six points of us wink

Seriously, well done to your lads a valliant effort but every cloud has a silver lining, you get to see me again next season laugh

Reading Unc's words makes me realise why I bought a season ticket. The ups and downs of being a follower of Arsenal are totally different to following the Urchins.

I get to see Arsenal 6 or 7 times a season at the Emirates and the Urchins at least 30 times and you know football matters to our guys when you speak to them.

When one of our guys is out of the side through injury, I make a point of asking them how they're doing and when they'll be back. The squad has been fantastic this year and I know that we'll be just as competitive next season in the pursuit of success and promotion.

After reading Uncs words of wisdom I'd just like to say that, thanks to the urchins, I've been to some truly wonderful events in the last year, but NOTHING meant more to me than being there last night.

The team and supporters always make me welcome and give their best, both on and off the pitch.

I am truly proud to call myself an Urchin and lets hope for bigger and better things next season.

Well done to everybody involved.

agreed with all thats been said.I would have the hump usually about losing such a game but it is impossible to have the hump with the team after the way they played last night in what was at times an intimidatting atmosphere and also the way they have played all season.

Next season is our season,make no mistake.

A fantastic season , a tough match but what a second half. And I think Mark Janney epitomised what we were all about with determination, effort and skill and battling to the very end.

Roll on next season - no stopping us!