Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Goodbye Mr Rhodes

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
I am sure Rhodes has been head hunted by Arsenal or Tottenham or Cheshunt (or another massive club like those)

There's a possibility that he might try to follow Hector Varela into Corinthian-Casuals so I've warned my contacts down there, just to be on the safe side.

Football Man - I have no plans to follow Hector south of the river, I'm north London born and bred and would be like a duck out of water. I did however assist with the press release that was issued following his high profile appointment earlier today:

Former Kentish Town Coach Hector Varela was today appointed Coach of Corinthian Casuals. Hector, who cut his Coaching teeth with Ajax in Amsterdam hails from Colombia and is UEFA 'A' qualified, he was instrumental in helping Kentish Town to the Spartan South Midlands League Division 1 Championship this season working hand in hand with the Club's former Nigerian International Head Coach Clement Temile.

Mr Varela has direct access to the cream of Colombian players based in London having led Colombia to the Inner City World Cup on no less than two occasions which is an annual FA recognised Community tournament.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I did however assist with the press release that was issued following his high profile appointment earlier today:

Former Kentish Town Coach Hector Varela was today appointed Coach of Corinthian Casuals.

Let's hope you remembered the hyphen in the actual press release!

I expect the Club were so excited at the thought of securing Hector's services for next season that they couldn't care a less

Originally Posted By: Football Man
There's a possibility that he might try to follow Hector Varela into Corinthian-Casuals so I've warned my contacts down there, just to be on the safe side.

Football Man - When are you going to explain how you got your hands on a UEFA Cup Final ticket when some 150,000 loyal Glasgow Rangers fans were forced to go without.
Secondly will you be attending the Conference Playoff Final today.

Do I have to explain how I got my hands on a Champions league ticket, even though thousands of Man U and Chelski glory hunters will go without ?

Do i have to explain how I picked up the last tub of organic closed cup mushrooms in tescos last Friday ?

duck

Originally Posted By: Football Man

Whoops! I accidentally typed Hector as "manager" instead of "coach" in my e-mail to my Cor-Cas contact. Nearly frightened the life out of him! laugh

I've corrected him now. smile

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke

Do i have to explain how I picked up the last tub of organic closed cup mushrooms in tescos last Friday ?

duck

They're overrated. And while we're on it, so are Tescos. In my continual hunt for fine food but at value prices I can confirm that a mix of supermarket and local shopping fills the weekly shopping basket best.

On the supermarket front of course I have to say one of my favourites is Waitrose. For fresh produce they are very good (in the bigger stores) especially on the fresh meat front, although I actually prefer Somerfields for my fresh veg and fresh fruit from the Co-op is also excellent.

M&S are mostly fine for your ready made stuff, but that's not my style. I prefer to create my own culinary delights. Morrisons are bloomin good when combining class, value and decent produce and I have awarded them my Supermarket Of The Season trophy. (Waitrose were runners up with Somerfield 3rd).

If you like a decent steak regularly and don't want to pay Waitrose (or my local butchers) prices, then you can't go far wrong. For me, I'm a bit of a Tudor when it comes to beef. It has to have a decent covering of fat (yellow preferably as it shows there is some age there) and of course that is where a lot of flavour comes from. Sadly, your Tescos and Asdas (and to a large extent Sainsbury's) meat fayre is the most insipid, ludicrously red coloured, tasteless meat completely denuded of any fat because they are catering for food plebs that demand it that way. An absolute tragedy of fussiness and ignorance that creates a tsunami of supply of tasteless and fabricated meat served up by the more cynical supermarkets.

I digress, for a good flavour and good value go for a Morrisons Rump Steak. You should pay no more than

If you like a decent steak regularly and don't want to pay Waitrose (or my local butchers) prices, then you can't go far wrong. For me, I'm a bit of a Tudor when it comes to beef. It has to have a decent covering of fat (yellow preferably as it shows there is some age there) and of course that is where a lot of flavour comes from. Sadly, your Tescos and Asdas (and to a large extent Sainsbury's) meat fayre is the most insipid, ludicrously red coloured, tasteless meat completely denuded of any fat because they are catering for food plebs that demand it that way. An absolute tragedy of fussiness and ignorance that creates a tsunami of supply of tasteless and fabricated meat served up by the more cynical supermarkets.

I digress, for a good flavour and good value go for a Morrisons Rump Steak. You should pay no more than

I can get a whole sheep from my sister, but my freezer isn't big enough and I've enough fluffy rugs already.

The lady down the road does eggs from the chickens on her smallholding and they are fabulous, but so unreliable. Sometimes I can wait for an hour while she finds enough to fill a box!

Sorry I was bored to tears with this thread. Did it show?

Paula - Speaking of Mark, how is he

Paula - Do you still go to most of Canvey's games or have you got better things to do these days if you get my meaning

What about the Bill Shankly saying