Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Goodbye Mr Rhodes

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Gavin - Yes that's the guy, I couldn't believe the way he was with you and that Ian didn't show him the yellow card. Harefield United could be massive taking into account their location, afluent catchment area, facilities and hands on deck but they're afraid of leaving their nice little comfort zone in the SSML, Browndog tells you all you need to know about their mentality.
So what is Mr Gregory going to do with himself next season, do you know or don't you care.

I agree, remember when they failed to send in their forms to apply for promotion on time yet they fully expected to pip Edgware to the league title which they never did!

I couldn't care less what gregory was up to, but he told me before he 'banned' me that he was going to Oz to visit relatives then hoped to move to Greece.

I dont expect to see him involved in football now that Edgware have left the scene.

....surely it wouldn't be that difficult for the Club to find a decent sponsor or two who could bankroll the Club.

And that leaves any club open to the whim of their sponsor. Clubs need to be majority self funding from within. Of course commercial activities are an important part of that, but not to the extent that a sponsor withdrawing funds for any reason would materially harm the club to the extent of budget cuts or worse! Clubs really need to raise their own cash in diverse ways.

A full calender of functions (impossible with month by month fixture releases), derby matches played on a Saturday, Bank Holiday fixtures and pro-active club marketing and commercial awareness are not a 'God'. They're far more important than that!

Sorry to burst your romantic corinthian bubble Rhodesy, but in the land of the non-League football club, cash is king!

Originally Posted By: Banned Fan
I agree, remember when they failed to send in their forms to apply for promotion on time yet they fully expected to pip Edgware to the league title which they never did!

Gavin - How could I forget, as you know I've been in football for a long time but that was possibly the craziest thing I have ever come across

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Ossie Ardiles as their patron,

Since when?

Rhodes, get ya facts straight. Ossie is the Patron of Hoddesdon Town FC, you numpty!

Originally Posted By: Jonno

Rhodes, get ya facts straight. Ossie is the Patron of Hoddesdon Town FC, you numpty!

Jonno - Okay but what's the difference exactly

Really, tell me more as I haven't seen it, presumably it says that after much deliberation I have reluctantly severed ties with Kentish Town Football Club.

Originally Posted By: Daffy
Nope, it says we want Mr Rhodes to come back..........
...and deliver Hectors kit, before kindly leaving the building grin

Actually I have to go back to the Stadium at some point to collect some boxes of programmes and other belongings from the office so that's a very good point, I will speak to Hector about the kit and if indeed he does have it I will return it to the Club on his behalf.

Wader, I think that site is going to get a lot of use!!!