Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Goodbye Mr Rhodes

Can you explain a bit more what you mean by "to the extent of the cafe becoming the focal point of the Club and more important than the football" please Rhodes......as I am not quite sure what you mean by this. I would appreciate an answer please.

Wasn't that the impression you got then, that's how it seemed but I stand to be corrected.

It's easy - the money to run this club has to come from somewhere, and the less that comes out of the committees pocket the better!

You never know I'm going to do some digging tomorrow to find out who will be running the programme...I wonder who is the lucky gal

I mean guy bolt

Originally Posted By: nellie
Willo....inside information tells me that you are going to get offered the job tomorrow lol

I've just had a vision of Rhodesy throwing himself across the office photocopier grin

Rhodes once again you didnt answer the question ..... you make a statement and then cant back it up with facts only impressions.....why dontyou once say what you actually mean....as you told me a long time ago you are a supposedly straight speaking fella

Originally Posted By: nellie
Rhodes once again you didnt answer the question ..... you make a statement and then cant back it up with facts only impressions.....why dont you once say what you actually mean....as you told me a long time ago you are a supposedly straight speaking fella

I thought I had answered the question to the letter, all I was suggesting was that the Club seem to make money their God, a bit like Horace does at Hertford Town and, to a lesser degree Wader at Biggleswade Town, it seems to over shadow everything else including the football.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
all I was suggesting was that the Club seem to make money their God, a bit like Horace does at Hertford Town and, to a lesser degree Wader at Biggleswade Town, it seems to over shadow everything else including the football.

Rhodes, You haven't a clue about running a football club above park level! Just because I complained about having no Bank Holiday fixtures, you have continually accused me of making money my God! Before any consideration of paying players' expenses, we need about

Horace - Yes but Hertford Town are a highly regarded, well contacted and under achieving Club with Ossie Ardiles as their patron, Hertford is an afluent and wealthy area so surely it wouldn't be that difficult for the Club to find a decent sponsor or two who could bankroll the Club. Have you tried looking or going door to door in a Jehovhas Witness fashion.

Horace - Yes but Hertford Town are a highly regarded, well contacted and under achieving Club with Ossie Ardiles as their patron, Hertford is an afluent and wealthy area so surely it wouldn't be that difficult for the Club to find a decent sponsor or two who could bankroll the Club. Have you tried looking or going door to door in a Jehovhas Witness fashion.

That's my point re Edgware, if he who was in charge at Edgware had put himself out more in the aim to secure funds to enable the club to stand on its own two feet rather then sell it's soul to the devil in this case Galliard homes who were pumping money to the tune of 80K a year for the club to run on an even footing.

Galliard pumped a good few hundred K to Edgware but the club knew fully well this was only while they had a chance to get their hands on the WLG and get a nice % of any company such as Barrets building on the land.

When Barretts pulled the plug last summer and Edgware were granted a years extension Galliard told Edgware they would NOT be funding the club further then the end of the 07/08 season, and they held the club to that, such was the reason the club had to leave the Ryman league as they did not have the sufficient funding to remain at the WLG.

Had the club been working at bringing in funding then they could have kept the club afloat, albeit dropping down a level or two (SSSML div 1 would not be the end of the world) and groundsharing at Kingsbury or Northwood for eg.

The club had ONE page of advertising, and NO advertising hoarding's around the ground, for a club who had just won the SSML treble and were competing at step 4 that's frankly a joke and then the club wonder why they had no income other then the bar/function room and the money galliard were pumping in (gate takings barely covered the officials payments and bills)

There are MANY clubs who run themselves with no debt due to a good committee putting themselves out to secure funds and advertising.

When ever I asked he who was in charge about this he said he was too busy and that if I could secure some sponsorship then I should go ahead and do it!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Football Man
I see it's Browndog's birthday today. I wonder if clippy will be wishing him many happy returns later?

Gavin - Do you want to do the honours or shall I, I still remember the unacceptable abuse you took from him in 2006/2007 but you certainly had the last laugh.

Well whatever position Ossie holds at the Club then, it's just a title at the end of the day which brings a bit of 'street cred' to a Club, Kentish Town have one too in the shape of Russell Grant but I never once met him.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
I see it's Browndog's birthday today. I wonder if clippy will be wishing him many happy returns later?

Gavin - Do you want to do the honours or shall I, I still remember the unacceptable abuse you took from him in 2006/2007 but you certainly had the last laugh.

Isn't he the Harefield mug who gave me abuse both on this forum and the sad excuse for a forum on the sad excuse for a website that Harefield had?

I look forward to Kentish Town taking 6pts from Harefield next season!!!!

Gavin - Yes that's the guy, I couldn't believe the way he was with you and that Ian didn't show him the yellow card. Harefield United could be massive taking into account their location, afluent catchment area, facilities and hands on deck but they're afraid of leaving their nice little comfort zone in the SSML, Browndog tells you all you need to know about their mentality.

So what is Mr Gregory going to do with himself next season, do you know or don't you care.

Well whatever position Ossie holds at the Club then, it's just a title at the end of the day

The only position held by Ossie is father of one of our players. You really should stop making things up.

Russell Grant appears to be "patron" of most Middlesex clubs - don't know what his patronage involves, or what benefits it has to the clubs if any.