Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Parade ????

Isn't Bluewater part of the Borough of Dartford !( the beers are much dearer in there also !!)

I would rather the team paraded through Gravesend & Northfleet & the Gravesham part of the Republic of Ebbsleet only !!

I'll be there !

Cheers,

It's been tried 'til the cows come home in gravesend - just doesn't really work. Apathy, Kosovans, whatever, we still only get the faithful 1000.

We need to try a new approach, do what Scallingham and Charlton do and increase our catchment area. Bluewater is a 5 minute drive by car or bus from Fleet. If that isn't within our area of potential new fanbase I do no know what is.

Our main sponsor has a shop there too, what better way to promote our club sponsor?

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
It's been tried 'til the cows come home in gravesend - just doesn't really work. Apathy, Kosovans, whatever, we still only get the faithful 1000.
We need to try a new approach, do what Scallingham and Charlton do and increase our catchment area. Bluewater is a 5 minute drive by car or bus from Fleet. If that isn't within our area of potential new fanbase I do no know what is.
Our main sponsor has a shop there too, what better way to promote our club sponsor?

What's been tried until the cows come home ?

I wasn't aware that we had won a Wembley Final before ? When did we have previous plans to do a parade through the town then ?

There are quite a lot of local shops & businesses who have shown their support as well you know.

Might even have a celebratory curry at Rob Abdul's afterwards !

Cheers,

Perhaps when all are back from holiday the club could organise a "meet the players and see the Trophy" day at Bluewater - outside the Eurostar shop. Perfect combination. The club could sell merchandise, promote Eurostar, and more importantly, recruit new season ticket holders.
A large screen video of the final could be playing in the background just as a reminder.
It CAN be done - if MYFC want it to happen.

A superb idea .. Id back this

Originally Posted By: Stu M
Originally Posted By: Hirsty

I wasn't aware that we had won a Wembley Final before ? When did we have previous plans to do a parade through the town then ?

Hirsty's ability to cut to the chase is admirable! grin

One tries !

Cheers,

beer2

Cheers,

Great idea GAZ, you should be in PR (maybe you are?).That would really cement the Club name, the team(subject to changes of course) and the monumental acheivement of the 10th.Somebody from MYFC should sit up and take note of this one.And hopefully act upon it too?!Lets keep our fingers crossed, watch this subject and see what MYFC can cunjour up.Well done again.

Originally Posted By: kmj
Shame that the weather forecast for Thursday is the worse of the whole week. Hope the route and times are announced soon.

Are the route and times not stated on the official club site? It states that they are waiting for confirmation from the council. I cannot see any reason why the council should refuse them permission, as they themselves stated that if a parade had not been arranged then they would do so.

Isn't Bluewater part of the Borough of Dartford !( the beers are much dearer in there also !!)

I would rather the team paraded through Gravesend & Northfleet & the Gravesham part of the Republic of Ebbsleet only !!

I'll be there !

Cheers,

True Hirsty, but I lived in Greenhithe for quite a few years and there are many Ebbsfleet fans live there also. I wouldn't mind betting many people from Gravesham and other towns go shopping there as well! Maybe a perfect place to catch fringe supporters.

Unfortunately Les, there are some who are happy to think small, and try and recruit new fans from the Dog and Duck or the Whatever Arms, rather than looking at the bigger picture and trying to recruit from North Kent.

Absolutely right - to become a big club we have to draw people from a larger and larger cachement area - the Bluewater idea is an excellent idea; just think of the number of people who pass through there at a weekend. We need to be thinking of pulling people in from further away - just look how Charlton operate to get fans in to their ground.

What's been tried until the cows come home ?

There are quite a lot of local shops & businesses who have shown their support as well you know.

Might even have a celebratory curry at Rob Abdul's afterwards !

Cheers,

If local shops and businesses want to come on board on the back of our cup success then fine, but my point is Fleet have been trying to get these people on board for years, if not decades, to no avail. Sponsorship from companies is handy, but what the club really needs is fans through turnstiles.

Apathy and Gravesend are synonymous. Wembley proved there are hundreds (possibly thousands) of non affiliated people from North Kent (Maidstone, Medway, Dartford and further afield))who might come and watch if the product and price is right - certainly better value and entertainment than Scallingham.
It is these people we haven't approached before, let us keep the publicity high profile all summer.