Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Parade ????

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Unfortunately Les, there are some who are happy to think small, and try and recruit new fans from the Dog and Duck or the Whatever Arms, rather than looking at the bigger picture and trying to recruit from North Kent.

A Ha.......a dig at me I assume ?

My point was that we should not have a victory parade outside of the Borough i.e. Bluewater !!! By all means try and capture new supporters from other areas, but not a Victory parade in Dartford !!! You wouldn't want a Dartford victory parade coming through Northfleet would you ?

Explanation of point concluded !!

Originally Posted By: Hirsty
Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Unfortunately Les, there are some who are happy to think small, and try and recruit new fans from the Dog and Duck or the Whatever Arms, rather than looking at the bigger picture and trying to recruit from North Kent.

A Ha.......a dig at me I assume ?

My point was that we should not have a victory parade outside of the Borough i.e. Bluewater !!! By all means try and capture new supporters from other areas, but not a Victory parade in Dartford !!! You wouldn't want a Dartford victory parade coming through Northfleet would you ?

Explanation of point concluded !!

Not in the slightest, Hirsty, unless you are feeling offended.
My point is, over the years the club has looked at endless local schemes to improved attendances, from pubs/clubs, businesses and schools. All have failed. We need to look at a larger catchment area.

Originally Posted By: John@TheFleet
We/Mycf/the club must do everything to keep the momemtum of Wembley going right up to and during the next season. It's going to be hard work to convert some people though, in the town centre yesterday afternoon to my one Fleet shirt there were ten Man Utd shirts. Sad, isn't it?
Perhaps all the fleet shirts are in the wash, after a hot and sweaty saturday , mine is.

The fact that this thread had developed quite some way bemoaning the absence of a parade next Saturday before someone mentioned that it clashed with the FA Cup final, was really refreshing.

I wonder if the fact that has been noted regarding Liam not being available on Saturday is linked. As he originates from Portsmouth perhaps he is attending the same said FA Cup final?

Can understand the reasoning behind not taking the victory tour around Dartford, but seeing as a fair % of our current support and future support is in Swanscombe which is closer to the ground than Gravesend and the majority of Northfleet. We should not belittle our out of Borough support.

Up the Fleet

Originally Posted By: kmj
The fact that this thread had developed quite some way bemoaning the absence of a parade next Saturday before someone mentioned that it clashed with the FA Cup final, was really refreshing.

I wonder if the fact that has been noted regarding Liam not being available on Saturday is linked. As he originates from Portsmouth perhaps he is attending the same said FA Cup final?

kmj started a conspiracy.................It wasn't me! whistle laugh

Originally Posted By: kmj

I would give you short odds on that.

Bought my Wembley tickets on the day of the Portsmouth semi-final. So then went in the bar, Liam came in and asked for TV's to be changed back to semi, he was pleased when it showed Popmey were 1-0 up.

John@Fleet--I still don't know what the "best" method is for getting an idea enacted by MyFC. I'm reasonably sure the Forum isn't an efficient and speedy way to get something done. Perhaps emailing your suggestions directly to the Trust board, especially since time is of the essence.

I don't know what all the flap is about the trust board. I had a good chat with Jessica Friday night at Stonebridge Road and I feel for her and the other members who are catching grief. Some people need to lok up "volunteer" in the dictionary and lighten up.

Anyway, my point was simply that emailing Jessica and Paul (Arithon) directly might get the idea moving more quickly.

Originally Posted By: wobbly Wayne II
Can understand the reasoning behind not taking the victory tour around Dartford, but seeing as a fair % of our current support and future support is in Swanscombe which is closer to the ground than Gravesend and the majority of Northfleet. We should not belittle our out of Borough support.

Up the Fleet

Good comment Wobbly & I was in no way trying to belittle any support. I just didn't think that the Bluewater idea was the right thing to do.

Cheers,