Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

If you really want to be confused, Edgware Town dropped the 'town' in the 1970's and were simply called 'Edgware FC' before reverting back to 'Town' in the 80's.

Personally I wanted the club to be called 'Edgware FC' (2009) but there you go.

LEYTON 4 - 2 NORTH GREENFORD UNITED

A decisive 4 - 2 win, which but for the superb efforts of the opposition keeper and two clearances off the line by his defenders, could have been a lot more.

A svelte Paul Marks, keeping his cool when in front of goal, lifted the ball over the diving keeper to score Leyton's first. Tom Lewis volleyed the second and Kevin Chakaodza scored the third before setting up David Dallebe to net the fourth with aplomb.

A fine effort from Del and Steves squad, who look fit and keen to make an impresssion this season.

Personally, I can't see the point of the post either. Good luck though to Leyton for the season. Willo, who were you referring to as a sunday side ? Whoever it is, you're being disrespectful. Leyton are an established club & we are still in the formative stages of planning for competing in 2009/10. Rest assured we will get it right & in a proper manner too !

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Billo - what has this post got to do with this 'hackney marshes' sunday football team?

Willo, are you under the illusion that Kentish Town will ever be able to compete in the same league as Leyton?

Dream on pussy.

Originally Posted By: bosman08
I always remember him been lean although a few years months can change someone.

Tell me about it!

I know Del Deanus runs a tough training regime at Leyton and some of the boys will be pleased he is of to the States for a month in the near future. However, they all look sharp and I predict they will cause a few upsets in the new season.

Bilbo - Kevin Chakaodza who previously played for Hanwell and possibly Northwood??

I remember Kevin Chakaodza playing for (then) Brook House at Ware and scoring the killer second goal in a 2-0 win for The Brook. Kevin had been subjected to monkey noises throughout the game by Ware's halfwits behind the goal, so he ran the whole length of the pitch to celebrate his goal with them - magic!.

They must be complete clowns making monkey noises take the black or mixed race lads out of most of the teams in all the Spartan and Ryman and the quality would be very poor. Those fans probably still live with their mothers, 2 cats, smoke 40 a day, drink vodka for breakfast and have no GCSE's.

Thats a good CV really :-)

They must be complete clowns making monkey noises take the black or mixed race lads out of most of the teams in all the Spartan and Ryman and the quality would be very poor. Those fans probably still live with their mothers, 2 cats, smoke 40 a day, drink vodka for breakfast and have no GCSE's.

Thats a good CV really :-)

You know them then?
Seriously, I don't understand why referees don't intervene or at least report clubs with fans like them. If I remember rightly, Kevin was booked for his celebration!

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
Willo, who were you referring to as a sunday side ? Whoever it is, you're being disrespectful. Leyton are an established club & we are still in the formative stages of planning for competing in 2009/10. Rest assured we will get it right & in a proper manner too !

Willo was absolutely NOT dissing Leyton. He is not that sort of chap (he'd diss a few refs maybe, but not 'your' club). Agreed the post wasn't written well in that some could interpret it the wrong way, but I am certain it was not aimed at Leyton.

Is Costas still at the helm at Leyton? I had the grand tour of the fantastic function suite when that was finished and the ground has come on leaps and bounds since my first visit a million years ago. Look forward to potentially revisiting (I haven't been there for 2 seasons) if we get past Romford in The FA Cup.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
Willo, who were you referring to as a sunday side ? Whoever it is, you're being disrespectful. Leyton are an established club & we are still in the formative stages of planning for competing in 2009/10. Rest assured we will get it right & in a proper manner too !

Willo was absolutely NOT dissing Leyton. He is not that sort of chap (he'd diss a few refs maybe, but not 'your' club). Agreed the post wasn't written well in that some could interpret it the wrong way, but I am certain it was not aimed at Leyton.

At least someone knew where I was going (cheers Wader). Apologies those Leytoney people amongst you - re-read the original post and connect with the Thread name.

Well Willo, you're wrong to suggest that before we've even taken to the pitch. As I posted earlier we will get our house well in order for the 09/10 season !

Edgware FC are a new entity with a clean slate & we intend to conduct ourselves in a dignified manner. Alot of work has to be done between now & next August, so we will just carry on quietly with the job in hand until then.

I would suggest you concentrate on matters at Kentish Town & I wish you good luck in the Prem this season.