Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

Thanks for the good wishes Willo, sure it's going to be hard work, but at least we've got our destiny in our own hands & we are all singing from the same hymn sheet, something that doesn't always happen at clubs. Especially ones I've been involved with in the past ! LOL

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
Well Willo, you're wrong to suggest that before we've even taken to the pitch. As I posted earlier we will get our house well in order for the 09/10 season !
Edgware FC are a new entity with a clean slate & we intend to conduct ourselves in a dignified manner. Alot of work has to be done between now & next August, so we will just carry on quietly with the job in hand until then.
I would suggest you concentrate on matters at Kentish Town & I wish you good luck in the Prem this season.

Having Rhodes on board (edited) now thats a dignified manner.

Everyone involved in this venture at present is aware that any poor discipline, is unacceptable. In my dealings with Rhodes so far, I have found him to be a valued asset to our cause. As I posted earlier, we are starting with a clean slate.

Sorry Bilbo, you're wrong. I'm not Gavin, I'm Steve Foster newly appointed manager of Edgware FC. Sounds like you've got your feet well under the table at Leyton now. How do you rate your chances this year ? I watched Concord last week & they could do well & Ware & Aveley will be up there too !

Studies mean I will not be taking an active part in Leyton, but I will continue to support the players that are mostly personal friends. I had the honour of playing a couple of games with them and I can only say that the team spirit, dedication and commitment to club and team mates was awesome.

I hope to catch as many games as I can in the new season and look forward to renewing old acquaintances and making many new friends.

The boys ran out of steam towards the end of last season and with the troubles over the ground as well as Del Deanus diagnosis it

Is John Hyatt still at Leyton ? He was a very good Centre-Back I had for 1/2 season at Stansted. Unfortunately due to lack of funds we couldn't keep hold of him. Des Thomas is another old Stansted boy too !

Haven't got to know the Leyton boys that have stayed as I have only been able to get to one of the pre-season games.

I'm sure a full list will be published on their forum when the squad is picked.

There are still a lot of players trying for the final selection which can only be a good thing.