Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

As with most new ventures the first year is generally covered - I would expect those doubters will carry on 'doubting' well after the first ball has been kicked..............

Lets just let them get on with it and prove a successful 2nd season, maybe then some posters on here will eat their words - not saying which ones though - only time will tell!

Originally Posted By: Special1
Sport London e Benfica won Division 1 at our first attempt in the Middx County Football League in 2005/06 and the following season we won the Premier Division.
Several teams in the Premier Division have been trying to gain promotion for years: Brazilians, Bedfont Sports etc.

How many points did your Kentish Town team gain in Division 2 in this league? 0 points was it? Mmmmmmmmmm biglaugh

Yes I remember Kentish Town getting 0 points in this league but I believe this was the reserve team. Rhodes wasnt the fault of the 0 points total but im sure he knows who was at a fault for a fairly disgraceful performance it must be said.

However they have picked up now a bit.

Rumour has it KTFC will be sharing their ground with other teams now albeit other teams will be using it on Sundays.

Originally Posted By: bosman08

Yes I remember Kentish Town getting 0 points in this league but I believe this was the reserve team. Rhodes wasnt the fault of the 0 points total but im sure he knows who was at a fault for a fairly disgraceful performance it must be said.

As you seem to know an awful lot about KT, maybe you can tell us where the reserves are playing next season if at all as they are no longer in the SSML.

Havent a clue. Just remembered they played in the Middlesex a few years ago and got 0 points. Plenty of KTFC people on here though maybe they can update us?

Hopefully they still have a reserve team as any forward thinking club should have a reserve team its very important for blooding youngsters and for bringing senior players back to fitness.

Kentish Town will be fielding 4 teams next year, 1 x senior team, 1 x reserve side, 1 x under 18s and 1 x under 17s.

and for getting 0 points a couple of seasons ago, this is correct and they did well as they were -9 at one stage lol.

and we are always thinking forward and we have increased the teams by two from last season.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

As you seem to know an awful lot about KT, maybe you can tell us where the reserves are playing next season if at all as they are no longer in the SSML.

Islington Midweek Football League

They are stalking me! laugh

I see there is a lot of activity on the Forum this afternoon, no post for over three hours!

Do you still officiate on the Islington Midweek League then.

Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Kentish Town will be fielding 4 teams next year, 1 x senior team, 1 x reserve side, 1 x under 18s and 1 x under 17s.

and for getting 0 points a couple of seasons ago, this is correct and they did well as they were -9 at one stage lol.

and we are always thinking forward and we have increased the teams by two from last season.

Agreed that having 4 teams is good going and you are increasing however with the 1st team embarking on their debut season in the Prem KTFC should really be pulling all other teams along with them. With the reserves KTFC seem to be taking backwards, sidewards and all sorts of steps with them over the last few years.

Why not have the reserve team playing saturday football in the Spartan reserve league or even in the Herts County in Div 1 or Div 2? Is it down to lack or people or finance for travel etc for 2 teams on a Saturday? Saturday football would be better for the Reserve team and im assuming you could play some of the U-18 in this team. A lot of U-18 and U-17 leagues now played as Sunday leagues. Is this the case with KTFC?

Originally Posted By: Tiger007

Agreed that having 4 teams is good going and you are increasing however with the 1st team embarking on their debut season in the Prem KTFC should really be pulling all other teams along with them. With the reserves KTFC seem to be taking backwards, sidewards and all sorts of steps with them over the last few years.

Why not have the reserve team playing saturday football in the Spartan reserve league or even in the Herts County in Div 1 or Div 2? Is it down to lack or people or finance for travel etc for 2 teams on a Saturday? Saturday football would be better for the Reserve team and im assuming you could play some of the U-18 in this team. A lot of U-18 and U-17 leagues now played as Sunday leagues. Is this the case with KTFC?

why dont you worry about your own team.....or aint you got one?

Originally Posted By: Queen Bee
Originally Posted By: vale2
I do not believe any of them know the first thing about running a football club.

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthrea...tml#Post1406145

grin

Yes, that's very commendable urchin/queen bee but now I think it is time for you, as you said you would, to say no more on the subject. If true, I am amazed how you have got a new 'Edgware Town' together, very impressive, the only thing I can think of is the original and true Edgware board is just battle weary and can do no more just now.

If, in future, someone with a genuine connection to Edgware Town Football Club can get a club together again I will be there. I won't be a part of this team, you'll be pleased to know, put together with a concoction of bitterness, anger and no relation to the real Edgware Club.

Urchin, I think it's time for you to go and play on your side of the street now. Again, I'm very impressed with the way you seem to have put a football team together, but I know, with the past record of your cohorts, apart from those who know nothing of the history of Edgware on this forum, support is going to be mighty difficult to drum up.

You've got a really interesting team behind you Uncs, now don't get too cozy in that bed will you!

Is it just me or does anyone else think the whole UU/Rhodes/Gavin combo is just a big forum wind up?

Samuel, why not give us a try when we're up & running. Sure as I've previously stated I have no connection with Edgware Town, but we are all fans of non-league football & believe an Edgware team needs to be out there competing. We all know the past now & of the disagreements. This is a fresh start, with a fresh outlook to be run properly & to have no cliques. This ain't no MyFC commercial swizz or Prem league break off from the prawn sandwich mob ! This is about saving a respected name in non-league !

Syd, thanks for your invite but i'll politely decline. My point is, if this is happening it is for all the wrong reasons. I have read a couple of your previous posts and it appears you also plead sympathy regarding your past 'teatment' from another club. Ditto the other two in your backroom staff.

You seem all to be jumping to different clubs when things get a little tough. Life's like that. If it gets tough and you don't like how things are being run just step back a bit. Let's face it, there are more downs than ups in football. It's why we all enjoy the good times..... because there are so few of them. (Unless Uncs is running the club of course, he's shown us his nice shiny things)

What I don't understand is why you are all doing this. It is not because you love non league football or want to save a great old club as you all keep saying. I mean no offence here, but what you are doing is something completely different, for selfish reasons.

None of you were there in 1974 when Edgware played Hendon in the Middlesex Senior Cup Finals. None of you were at school waiting excitedly for the end of classes because your dad was going to pick you up and take you to a game at Alton Town on a Tuesday evening when it was pissing down with rain.

I just don't understand why you are doing this. You must have a connection, an affinity, a love for the Club or it's just so totally pointless. That's what football is about. It's so sad that, if this is the end of the original Edgware Town, it has ended with an ugly 'battle' played out, and 'won' on a bloody forum. Just so sad.

Thanks again for the invite Syd, good luck, but this one isn't for me.

Samuel, first of all I didn't jump I was pushed ! I was very happy at Cuffley & then was told they didn't need me to run their 1st team. Only 8 weeks before they had no manager & 1 player !!! I got together a team & got them out the bottom 3 for the 1st time all season. I felt I deserved more in thd end that's all. re: Edgware, I've been approached by 2 established clubs at the same level, but this venture is really exciting & I genuinely believe we are in it for the right reasons. The invite still stands !