Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

Originally Posted By: Bilbo
At least I don't have feet of clay LOL.

I am truly sorry if I am giving the Edgware faithfull cause for concern, but I can assure you things are going on behind the scenes, but taking a little longer than expected. I am not at liberty to say anymore at present.

As Paul resigned at the end of the season we don't have the driving force that he would have brought to the negotiations.

Watch the non-league press, if anything breaks it will be reported there first.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz smile

Originally Posted By: Bilbo
As Paul resigned at the end of the season we don't have the driving force that he would have brought to the negotiations.

Bilbo - Just an observation but wouldn't Gavin have been the natural and heaven made successor to Mr Gregory when he resigned, he knew the ropes, had all the contacts and was prepared to die for the cause, unlike Gregory who tamely threw in the towell when the going got tough and walked away into the sunset.

Originally Posted By: Wader

From what I gather about all this, the new Edgware has gathered momentum like an avalanche. Immediate, effective and a force to be reckoned with. Well done to all those instrumental in getting the thing going and here credit must be given to Gavin whose initial idea was the catalyst for it all to happen. Finding out what's now behind this and those on board in the background, I really think this stands a chance of great success.

The above is taken from the Programmes thread.

One thing confusing me about this new club - apart from Gavin, are any of the other "100+" people anything to do with Edgware - the location or the old club? Presumably many are current non league enthusiasts, and many, like UU, will already have a non league team which they watch every week. Will they forsake their old club to support the new one? If not, where are the supporters of the new club coming from?

It could well be a case of "build it and they will come" - should be interesting!

i would imagine paying customers would be welcome, (wherever it may turn out to be) but the level so far suggested doesnt normally get much of a gate, and I doubt the cash through the turnstile is planned to contribute too high a percentage of income early on.

more important at that level is reliable willing help, strong clear leadership, a cunning plan and sheer hard work.

oh!

and some footballers. ........

And thats exactly what we have on board and what personally I wanted. Drive/ambition/hard work!

The fact that we have people from a wide spectrum involed means we are more likely to attract football fans in general then if they like our product they will become supporters in time.

It matters little that I am the only one with a connection to the old Edgware, in many ways it means we start with a clean fresh slate and not bringing any baggage into our new club.

Originally Posted By: Banned Fan
It matters little that I am the only one with a connection to the old Edgware, in many ways it means we start with a clean fresh slate and not bringing any baggage into our new club

Gavin - I couldn't agree with you more, if I thought we would be bringing baggage into the new Club I would walk away immediately, can you imagine if we had a Bilbo, a Mr Gregory or a Harry Up onboard or, God forbid, a 'Sugar', it doesn't bear thinking about and we would be on a loser before we even started.

Possibly due to Bilbo purposely trying to wind Gavin up and get a reaction like Browndog did if you remember and Ian doesn't want to go there again, clearly Bilbo is not interested in working with us and being part of a new Edgware free of dictators and hangers on, there will be none of that nonsense at the new Club.

Unfortunately Spurs Fan,

the politics of the past took over & it turned into some form of irrevelent playground fight, as often happens on this forum ! A shame really because there were some good points made & we appreciate the good wishes from football people like yourself. We are a fresh new club & we would like distance ourselves from the past & Edgware Town FC.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Possibly due to Bilbo purposely trying to wind Gavin up and get a reaction like Browndog did if you remember and Ian doesn't want to go there again, clearly Bilbo is not interested in working with us and being part of a new Edgware free of dictators and hangers on, there will be none of that nonsense at the new Club.

Rhodes, I thought we had reached a compromise. But then again neither of us took account of Numpty's rantings did we? Watch out you could be next....

as often happens, yes, syd.

If samuelsmiles' post about his support for edgware town has gone because of the other handbags stuff its a sad day.

I agree certain things have to be removed or censored but I think most of us can sort the true football stuff from the personality clashes.

Edgware FC will want to control what information goes out and when, you need discipline in the ranks not censorship of peoples opinions.

This forum was a big part in the very start of the club, its a shabby way to repay it if its the club that have done it, as syds post would indicate.

I have been alerted that al the Edgware forum congrats posts may be scattered about the couple of threads we have going there, thespursfan - I must be getting thread-crazy grin

TSF, there has been nothing posted on the actual Edgware forum that is untowards, anyway. It's just been a steady stream of good luck posts and pleasant banter. Thanks to all who are contributing!

Originally Posted By: Darter

TSF, there has been nothing posted on the actual Edgware forum that is untowards, anyway.

Apart from a few posts by Rhodes where he is having a dig at people from his past clubs as usual.

I hope you have better luck in reining him in than his last 2 clubs have had Darter.

there are no posts missing from the edgware forums at all...........nothing untoward has been posted on there and darter as moderator has not removed any...nor have admin... it hasn't been touched....

about 30 posts were removed from the press release on the ssmlf yesterday at my request as it was just all pure nonsense between two parties...unfortunately several decent posts were caught up in that...tsf..your posts were on the edgware press release version posted on the ssmlf and apologies to you and a couple of other innocent well wishers for their deletion but it all had to go...quite frankly if this board were moderated correctly by objective people then all of this nonsense on here would disappear....

I understand that Ian has now appointed a global mod to ensure that these sort of things are kept to a minimum and I for one warmly welcome that initiative....