Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

samuel , i love your above post, the history you share with edgware is familiar to a lot of us.

It is a great pity that the club you follow is "taking a sabbatical".

The club you follow is about shared memories, continuity, the ground, the bit where you stand, the "I remember when..."

It looks like the memories are all thats left of your club and thats tragic.

A new Edgware, groundsharing we dont know where, isnt the club you follow.

But it keeps "edgware fc" alive, on a life support machine perhaps, but with a chance.

Those that are trying to make it happen dont have a lifetime of love for the old club.

They may have a feeling of being hard done by, the feeling they could do better given the chance.

They've got their chance and so has edgware football club .

Perhaps it will play again in edgware, perhaps someone else can take their son to a game there some day.

Perhaps.

Please give it a chance, sam.

Syd, nothing would please me more than to look forward to watching Edgware Town play again at whatever level. The excitement of the challenge. Trying to work your way back up the ladder.

Unfortunatley the story behind this new team makes it impossible to get on board.

The facts:

A disgruntled supporter with huge personal differences with the Chairman twice gets banned from the ground. Once for an outburst of foul and abusive language against a woman and child from the opposing supporters. I was standing 10 feet away. Absolutely nothing can defend this type of behaviour from a club member. I don't care for the reasons behind this outburst, nothing can defend it.

The member then proceeds to post comments on various forums, Edgware's included that, again, nothing could justify. I think even the new funder of the Club may have experienced some of this.

Continued abuse of the 'old regime' continued and soon an alliance of dubious qualities was formed with another forum contributor. More posts appeared with accusations and attacks on both board and supporters. One sticks in my mind. "no mark C***S."

At some point i think urchin's allegiance changed, i guess through loyalty to forum members, I don't know, just the way I see it. Please don't now reply to this with saving old clubs etc, this is just ganging up.

Things got heated, the 'gang of 2' became the 'gang of 3' and so on.

I was personally accused of being meek and having no passion. Passion? If that means not joining in with a chorus of "Does she take it up the A***e" at Hertford when a woman walked passed then I can't deny it. If it means not joining in with a volley of "you cheating C**t" to the referee when Bury Town equalised in the 8th minute of injury time, again, can't deny it.

The member has now got together a group of people, all of whom seem to have the hump about one thing or another.

I'm just a supporter of a club that has memories going back a long way. I'm not a leader of men who could rally together a new club. If someone I had respect for, someone who had a modicum of dignity and had asked for any assistance, however minimal my help could be, I would have been more than happy to offer help.

Unfortunately, what you have now is a club borne of bitterness and anger.

My previous post above explains better my affinity to Edgware Town FC. What has happened in the past few weeks leading up to Urchin's announcement a couple of days ago bears no resemblance to that Club. Syd, you seem a good bloke, I like the cut of your gib, but there's so much baggage aboard I think you're going to have difficulty getting clearance for take off.

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles
Syd, nothing would please me more than to look forward to watching Edgware Town play again at whatever level. The excitement of the challenge. Trying to work your way back up the ladder.

Unfortunatley the story behind this new team makes it impossible to get on board.

The facts:

A disgruntled supporter with huge personal differences with the Chairman twice gets banned from the ground. Once for an outburst of foul and abusive language against a woman and child from the opposing supporters. I was standing 10 feet away. Absolutely nothing can defend this type of behaviour from a club member. I don't care for the reasons behind this outburst, nothing can defend it.

The member then proceeds to post comments on various forums, Edgware's included that, again, nothing could justify. I think even the new funder of the Club may have experienced some of this.

Continued abuse of the 'old regime' continued and soon an alliance of dubious qualities was formed with another forum contributor. More posts appeared with accusations and attacks on both board and supporters. One sticks in my mind. "no mark C***S."

At some point i think urchin's allegiance changed, i guess through loyalty to forum members, I don't know, just the way I see it. Please don't now reply to this with saving old clubs etc, this is just ganging up.

Things got heated, the 'gang of 2' became the 'gang of 3' and so on.

I was personally accused of being meek and having no passion. Passion? If that means not joining in with a chorus of "Does she take it up the A***e" at Hertford when a woman walked passed then I can't deny it. If it means not joining in with a volley of "you cheating C**t" to the referee when Bury Town equalised in the 8th minute of injury time, again, can't deny it.

The member has now got together a group of people, all of whom seem to have the hump about one thing or another.

I'm just a supporter of a club that has memories going back a long way. I'm not a leader of men who could rally together a new club. If someone I had respect for, someone who had a modicum of dignity and had asked for any assistance, however minimal my help could be, I would have been more than happy to offer help.

Unfortunately, what you have now is a club borne of bitterness and anger.

My previous post above explains better my affinity to Edgware Town FC. What has happened in the past few weeks leading up to Urchin's announcement a couple of days ago bears no resemblance to that Club. Syd, you seem a good bloke, I like the cut of your gib, but there's so much baggage aboard I think you're going to have difficulty getting clearance for take off.

Wow,

I've been reading this thread for a long time. And Sam, you made a great post. If indeed, that abuse did occur, that is very poor.

If UU, BF and Rhodes want to start a new ET 2009. Good luck to them. I don't think anyone should question them in doing so. But in my opinion, they don't need to drabble on about the past, nor should anyone else who doesn't like them starting a new club. I think it's time to end this and move on.

Some of the points scoring on this forum is rather pathetic, with certain people thinking they are very clever.

Some good posts from samuelsmiles who doesn't deserve the insults he has received.

Regarding the new Edgware:

If Gavin and his friends (for how long that remains we will have to see) really do re-start a football club with the name of Edgware in it, then I think that should be applauded.

However, the questions we must consider about this new venture are:

1. Who is actually going to support this new club? Gavin (and now his new-found friends) have done a great job of burning bridges with the original Edgware fanbase, so they are going to have to drum up some new support. That will be difficult when local football supporters already have the club whose ground they will sharing to support.

2. Will this ground-share actually be anywhere near Edgware? If not, then the likelihood is that the club could quite quickly change name to the locality where it is based, especially given the lack of supporters from Edgware (see above posts esp. from samuelsmiles).

3. Given the personalities (and history) of those involved, I have reservations about how long Gavin, Rhodes and Uncle Urchin (and others) will work and pull together until something goes wrong, and they fall out and go their separate ways.

4. Uncle Urchin seems to have a genuine care and interest in supporting the new club (I assume anyway), but some of the things Rhodes and Gavin in particular have said and done make me question their motives. I am slightly suspicious that they may be in this for personal glory and attention (as samuelsmiles has already alluded to), but hopefully I am wrong and their motives are good.

Whatever, things are starting very badly (i.e. no support on the terraces) and it will be an uphill struggle. Please don't reply with some smart comment about having the funding sorted. Unless you are going to pay people to watch the new Edgware, there won't be much of a crowd. The word unsustainable comes to mind.

If I'm proved wrong then all the better.

Samuel, thanks for reply. Let me just get one thing straight, Gavin is aware that kind of behaviour is unacceptable & any future outbursts would seriously tarnish what we are trying to achieve. He does also have a passion & many qualities we need to channel in the right manner. Maybe with time the rift will heal when we are up & running & doing some good instead of posting our intentions !

Good luck

Syd

Sorry Peeps - been up country for a few days. Now some really constructive posts on here, is it because Uncs aka Queeny, Numpty and Rhodes are not winding everyone up?

"Gavin is aware that kind of behaviour is unacceptable & any future outbursts would seriously tarnish what we are trying to achieve." That's exactly what we heard when he was let back into Edgware after his first ban. Didn't take him long to revert to type though did it.

Bilbo, I am still wondering who you are.

Sorry about the post where I complained about the awful performance from the players in the Wingate & Finchley game. It wasn't great, but all teams have their bad days, and what has been quickly forgotten is that you lads agreed to play for nothing last season to help Edgware Town FC out rather than jumping ship to another semi-pro side who would have paid you to play. The team spirit is still there and rapport with the managers, as can be seen by the move of much of the playing staff to Leyton FC. Are you going to be playing there next season?

on the right is previous club

does 3 down fit the bill, you know the players e uk, i dont!

Rob Blackburne Goalkeeper BOREHAM WOOD

Darren Bonfield Goalkeeper ENFIELD

Edward Stopps Goalkeeper BELMONT UNITED

Rory Smith (Team Captain) Defender NORTHWOOD

Vince Rispoli Defender HERTFORD TOWN

Rob Moules Defender WINGATE & FINCHLEY

Jason Ferne

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
on the right is previous club
does 3 down fit the bill, you know the players e uk, i dont!

Rob Blackburne Goalkeeper BOREHAM WOOD
Darren Bonfield Goalkeeper ENFIELD
Edward Stopps Goalkeeper BELMONT UNITED
Rory Smith (Team Captain) Defender NORTHWOOD
Vince Rispoli Defender HERTFORD TOWN
Rob Moules Defender WINGATE & FINCHLEY
Jason Ferne

if he is a student with A level french who helped on the website he could be, any idea what he would be doing announcing press conferences about reforming the club and giving us the current thoughts of the old chairman?

perhaps bilbo is involved and in the know, but he is getting a few of the genuine fans hopes up, and needs to be a bit more open and honest.

Never played in goal. I'll ask Paul if we can update the stats over the weekend. Just a point, Craig Tomkins came from Belmont and played for the first team, there are a couple of others that are missing from the first team lineup.

Ken and Paul have become good freinds over the years and I keep my ear to the ground.

You need to check the under 18's if you want to find out who I am, although I don't see why it is so important.

At least I don't have feet of clay LOL.

I am truly sorry if I am giving the Edgware faithfull cause for concern, but I can assure you things are going on behind the scenes, but taking a little longer than expected. I am not at liberty to say anymore at present.

As Paul resigned at the end of the season we don't have the driving force that he would have brought to the negotiations.

Watch the non-league press, if anything breaks it will be reported there first.