Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fleet shop

I enquired while in the shop what was happening, and they said that the shop will take shape soon. Hoping to have alot more comming down soon. Served by a loverly young lady on the till, and I must of parted company with the best part of

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
I went in, and came straight out.
They didn't do much trade.

Actually they did quite a good bit of trade. Funny how misinterperations paint a different picture. Once the Trust stock is removed it will enable a more varied amount of stock to be sold.

Just to clarify that the Club ultimately received the profits from the Fleet Trust as donations when its volunteers ran the shop and didn't even have to pay for the merchandise in the first place - the Trust paid for and bought this in. There was accordingly no risk to the Club. Nike may have brand exposure, but it is also in business to make a profit. That is fair enough, but it certainly will not be handing over all the net takings to the Club.

The Trust still has merchandise left over to sell and would appreciate it if supporters could visit the trestle stall set up outside the bar at each of the remaining pre-season friendlies and purchase items. All profits are earmarked for the Club.

The Fleet Trust has always sold varied merchandise and sought suggestions from fans to add to and improve the range and acted accordingly. I doubt that Nike will improve significantly upon the range previously available or the price that it is being offered for sale at.

I think the way this has been handled is shocking. The Trust bought stuff to sell so that the club could benefit. As soon as Nike say 'out', the Trust are kicked out, and left to sell the remainder of their stock on a trestle-table like a jumble sale?

The club/Nike/whoever agreed this should hang their heads in shame - If Nike want the shop so badly, let them buy up the stock and pass the profits onto the club when they sell them on.

Those involved with the Trust and shop have done so willingly and with only the clubs best interests at heart - this is a terrible way to treat them after all their work.

Yeah, that is wrong I think.

First of all if you're saying that the Trust have a large number of their board members on the MyFC Society board then that's wrong, there is only two.

Also I think it's part of the deal that Nike have the shop so there is nothing either board could have done.

Nike are an international soulless company. They have very little care for other people as long as their customers continue to buy their products. They'll continue to make quality products and that's all their customers care about, as soon as their customers turn round and tell them that they won't use Nike as long as they continue to treat people/companies like this then Nike will change their stance.

How many people that are complaining about the shabby way that the Trust have been treated still went and bought a shirt?

A conversation I had with someone yesterday.

Them -

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Yeah, that is wrong I think.

First of all if you're saying that the Trust have a large number of their board members on the MyFC Society board then that's wrong, there is only two.

Also I think it's part of the deal that Nike have the shop so there is nothing either board could have done.

Nike are an international soulless company. They have very little care for other people as long as their customers continue to buy their products. They'll continue to make quality products and that's all their customers care about, as soon as their customers turn round and tell them that they won't use Nike as long as they continue to treat people/companies like this then Nike will change their stance.

Apologies for that.

Just looking back at the original proposal there is an opt out clause after 12 months. Here it is.

Nike's offer to members
Some background information on Nike's proposal
published : 5th Feb by Westerly Ware

To have Ebbsfleet United kits and merchandise ready for next season, plans have to be put in place now. The financial implications of this agreement mean it

Thanks for reminding us about this Cardomon.

The article by WW (Is this actually WB by the way?)only really mentions clothing. Then (not really sure how/why this occured) it was expanded to all other types of merchandise -badges, mugs, pennants etc, effectively shifting the goalposts (this has happened backwards and forwards a fair bit). The shop then became out of bounds. Although I never thought about it in such terms at the time on Saturday, in retrospect Patman's "jumble sale" description is sadly actually spot on.

Patman is also correct, and accordingly WW is wrong, about who purchased the shirts. Although WW makes an accurate observation about Nike now taking the responsibility and risk, as no money has to be paid out in advance by EUFC for the shirts, the Club never did have this risk under the previous arrangement in any event. The Fleet Trust paid Jako from its own funds and 100% of the profit from the sale of the shirts went to the Club.

The Trust still have some of last season's shirts left to sell. These are being offered for sale at the aforementioned cost price of

I have just been in the "online shop" to try and assess the cost of a Club Scarf, only to find it is no longer the Club Shop, but Nike Shirts and very little(if anything)else!

Will there be any Club merchadise available, after the Trusts Jumble Sale Stall sells all it's merchandise?

If this is the way the Club are going.........Gawd help it!

It seems to be then, at the moment, that Nike are only interested in selling shirts and nothing else really in the way of merchandise. Nike stoping the Trust from selling the merchandise that they have looks to be a way of limiting the money that people can spend while in the ground to "Shirts only"

I wonder if The Trust can sell their merchandise outside the gates?

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
It seems to be then, at the moment, that Nike are only interested in selling shirts and nothing else really in the way of merchandise. Nike stoping the Trust from selling the merchandise that they have looks to be a way of limiting the money that people can spend while in the ground to "Shirts only"

I wonder if The Trust can sell their merchandise outside the gates?

More scary than that Harry...............How long before the Trust throw the towel in?