Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC 2 Hendon 3

Scoreline

Went 2-0 down before drawing level. Own goal with 10 minutes to go saw Hendon win.

Luke Marshall picked up an injury.

Goals from Michael Deane and Bradley Drisdale.

Decent game, especially second half when we improved apparently.

If any of this is wrong FJ, I wasn't there...

As a neutral I'll give my view. First half you were really, really poor. And when Hendon made it 2-0 early in the second half I thought it was going to become a thrashing. They were creating good chances on a regular basis. However, the thing about Hendon is that they are very good going forward but lousy at the back. You did well to drag it back to 2-2 and, in the end, can count yourselves unlucky to have lost.

Only saw the first half, but was very impressed by the way we defended. Hendon pushed us right back but we coped very well & limited them to a couple of half chances.

We didn't have much scope to go forward but managed to create a couple of chances just before half-time.

Was working in the shop after half-time so don't know how things changed once the substitutions began!.

It is amazing how we all see different games.

I agree with coffin ender as to the first half performance and thought that we had no answer to Hendon's pace up front. They created chances throughout the game but Eric again played very well. (He really should stand up at penalties until he knows the direction and height the ball is going. I think he dives to early but then I was never any good as a goalie). I thought that we were lucky to go in only 1-0 down.

I thought that the Hendon defence performed ably and we only picked up on the introduction of fresh blood and Brendon? did very well. Michael Deane recieved more of the ball and the goals came. But because of the first half performance I thought that the result was an overall reflection of the game.

I dont go along with the idea that we can discount o.g. and my parents even wanted to disregard the penalty. The result tells the story very well in my view.

Hendon deserved their two goal lead and we were fortunate to work out that if we gave Michael Deane the ball, then he would use his pace to create havoc. One fine goal and then he hit the post for the second.

My guess for the first player to get sent off this season, or pick up most yellows and reds, provided he lasts the season. O O

Why you ask? His antics reminded me of some of the worst aspects of our games last season.

Would O O be number 6 by any chance? smile

Thought you guys looked a decent side last night, particularly down the left wing - the pace there'll serve you well. Think the improvement in the second half came from an improvement on the right that gave you balance that wasn't there in the first. Result was about right over the 90 minutes for my money, although it was pretty harsh on the defender who scored our third - nothing he could've done about it.

Thanks to the board for the hospitality and things last night. Hope you have a good season.

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
........My guess for the first player to get sent off this season, or pick up most yellows and reds, provided he lasts the season. O O..........

Ozzy Osborne?

Oh no here we go again, I wont ask because I will probaly get told....... "there's a time & place"........... evil

And here they are.......

05.08.08 v Wealdstone home drew 1-1 att: 94 scorer: Rudi Hall (p)

Willis, Williams (Carroll), Harvey, Ojelabi (Tickner), Wattley, Dauti (Mitchell), Hahn (Marshall), Alderton, Crace (Foster), Deane (Drisdale), Hall R

07.08.08 V Hendon home lost 2-3 att: 89

scorers: Michael Deane, Bradley Drisdale

Pudaloff, Carroll (Drisdale), Harvey (Reece), Alderton, Tickner, Ojelabi (Gant), Marshall (Williams), Hall R, Crace, Mitchell (Odwell), Deane