Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

rhodes. When you use your wit to such devastating effect and have us all in stitiches by putting 'we' or 'our' in your posts who do you actually mean.

You have used such terminology to refer in the past to Haringey Borough, Kentish Town and Bethnal Green United. I believe you have also a professed an affection of Tottenham Hotspur and Holland in the past plus of course Beitar Jerusalem, Israel and Brazil. It does get a bit confusing old chap so could you clarify it for us please. However, I thought like everyone else who follows football you were a fan of AFC Hayes. I know I am as you've already of course PROVED that categorically.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: Lato
Why does it have to be a driver who has to confirm this.

Lato - Have you never driven or do you hold a licence, I know you like a drink so perhaps that's why you're always happy to cadge a lift to games or go by public transport. Will you be attending a game tomorrow, you seem to have built up an affinity with AFC Hayes.

I know he was sober at the game today, as the two barrels of beer we tried to smuggle in were confiscated by the very alert gateman.
They missed The General's vodka soaked jacket though. Regrettably The General is a smoker and the jacket, along with a passing crow are now much the worse for wear. Thankfully The General is ok (his 2 litre whiskey flask is fire proof).

Lato - It's good to see you posting more these days and I'm sure I speak for every member that I hope you will continue to do so, the Forum hasn't been what it used to be of late and that's largely due to the 'old guard' such as you, Spidermanor, Manorborn, Football Man, Wader, Horace, HTFCew and Tubbsy8 childishly boycotting it because the Global Moderator, rightly in my opinion, banned Gavin, Willo the Cat and the disfunctional Keeps clan.

Yes you have managed to cover all the Club's and Countries that I have an affinity for but in particular Haringey Borough, it's heartbreaking to see them in such turmoil at the moment and Allan Fenn seems to have lost his way after his exploits last season.

Result of the day must go to the 61FC im guessing Harefield didnt fancy that bumpy pitch up there. Haringey and WGC will be glad to be out of that cup so they can concentrate on Prem division survival.

Anyone at the Tok Manor game today, results have been going downhill for them lately.

Yes I think that goes without saying and hopefully AWK will be on later, Stony Stratford's win at Royston was also a turn up. I see 'our' report from Cranfield United is now on the Website:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=40961&conf=&div=

Looks like Alan Fenn plays a bit himself every now and then. The squad at Haringey doesnt seem strong enough if I was a betting man if Haringey B, WGC and Brimsdown to a certain extent dont pick up a couple of wins in their next 4 league games relegation wil be staring them down the face even this early on in the season.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Lato - It's good to see you posting more these days and I'm sure I speak for every member that I hope you will continue to do so, the Forum hasn't been what it used to be of late and that's largely due to the 'old guard' such as you, Spidermanor, Manorborn, Football Man, Wader, Horace, HTFCew and Tubbsy8 childishly boycotting it because the Global Moderator, rightly in my opinion, banned Gavin, Willo the Cat and the disfunctional Keeps clan.

Mr/Ms Rhodes,

You seem to have a lot of hatred for your fellow forum users

Reading through some posts on here it would seem that Rhodes knows quite alot about most of the clubs - I look forward to getting his advice about which clubs to follow - it looks like my first game will be one at Hertford (could be a nice Saturday drive out) but am really looking for somewhere on an easy public transport route.

Also Rhodes can you recommend a ladies team?

Would appreciate the advice

Terri, only about 8 miles from Stansted is Saffron Walden Town. It's lovely old style ground & I believe they have a women's team also. Next Saturday they have AFC Hornchurch in the FA Cup.

Sawbridgeworth Town also have a womens team.

Thanks for the advice Syd, we can have a look at Saffron Waldon & Sawbridgeworth, unfortunately we wont be making this Saturday's game as we're flying back late Friday night - but will check them out in the next couple of weeks - appreciate the help - I see that you are based in Herts - do you follow Hertford?

SSML Reserve Div 2 East Results

11 0 Biggleswade Town Reserves v Kent Athletic Reserves

0 4 Brache Sparta Reserves v Hadley Reserves

1 1 Crawley Green Reserves v Ampthill Town Reserves

4 1 Hatfield Town Reserves v Biggleswade United Reserves

1 1 Sawbridgeworth Town Reserves v The 61 FC (Luton)

0 0 Wodson Park Reserves v Langford Reserves

Terri - I appreciate you asking my advice and yes, despite what people might say to the contrary, I like to think that I know a fair bit about most Club's in the SSML, furthermore I certainly don't have any hatred for my fellow Forum users and have no idea where Dove from Above got that from. Hertford Town will certainly make you feel welcome despite HTFCew blanking me on my last visit, they have a nice set up however there are a number of Club's in the immediate area such as St Margaretsbury, Hoddesdon Town, Welwyn Garden City, London Colney and Broxbourne Borough who would be just as welcoming, London Colney have a decent ladies team.

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
Terri, only about 8 miles from Stansted is Saffron Walden Town. It's lovely old style ground & I believe they have a women's team also. Next Saturday they have AFC Hornchurch in the FA Cup.
Sawbridgeworth Town also have a womens team.

Certainly greatly improved since the huge slope was taken off the pitch some years back, now leaving a steep bank off pitch. The tannoy announcer used to be the most eccentric you'd find, not sure if he's still doing it, but highly amusing. Tea and Coffee used to be served in china mugs, not sure if it still is. Good atmosphere in the clubhouse as well. They really should be in The ESL, but politics with their sponsor (Ridgeons - who have a massive outlet on the edge of town) led them to miss a season completely when they moved leagues.

Some good pubs in town, my favourite when I lived there was the Old English Gentleman. The Nemontheron Indian restaurant (almost next door to the pub) always did great food, although for some years the second 'n' was missing on the sign and we fondly nicknamed it The Moth. The ground is a 10/15 minute walk from said pub, although there is one very close to the ground.

The station at Audley End is miles away from town/ground though, so if going by train budget for a taxi.

Originally Posted By: Dove from Above
Originally Posted By: Wader
The tannoy announcer used to be the most eccentric you'd find, not sure if he's still doing it, but highly amusing.

Is that where your announcer got his experience from? grin

Our announcer was already an announcer at another local club at that time. He's not eccentric just a bit tarpy grin

Hope to see you again soon at the Playhouse of Dreams

Originally Posted By: Dove from Above
Are you associated with any club?

No, I can't say I am at the moment but I'm open to offers