Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

Is Dove from Above female then, if so I'll have to alert Cantos to include her in the Minx of the Year betting market.

McMullen how come you haven't posted for months, where have you been hiding.

Part of my attraction is my mystery Rhodsey !, not found a club yet ??

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Is Dove from Above female then, if so I'll have to alert Cantos to include her in the Minx of the Year betting market.

McMullen how come you haven't posted for months, where have you been hiding.

Will be losing my Internet connection in the next couple of days and am going to be really busy with last minute stuff so just incase I can't chat before I get home I just wanted to say thanks to Wader, Mental Urchin, JR and Sydlexic for their advice and a special thanks to Rhodes for his/her help (thanks sweet x - be in touch)

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
not found a club yet??

McMullen - I thought you were still with Bedford, when did you leave.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes I think that goes without saying and hopefully AWK will be on later, Stony Stratford's win at Royston was also a turn up. I see 'our' report from Cranfield United is now on the Website:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=40961&conf=&div=

Saturday 30th August
CRANFIELD UNITED 3

Originally Posted By: southmidsfan
In the dying seconds however Haringey did manage a consolation goal with a brilliant overhead kick from the edge of the penalty area by Uduma Kalu caught the home defence unawares.

What a surprise, why has Uduma been left on the bench of late

I am still at Bedford, I meant you doh

Yes sorry I misunderstood you. No I haven't got a Club at the moment, I'm enjoying time out of the game particularly where doing a programme is concerned as it can be very time consuming and certainly in the case of Kentish Town a thankless task.

Southmidsfan this was a great result, I came and watched you when you played at Bedford Town reserves and I think you will agree you were not at your best especially during the 1st half, it's clear the Ampthill connectin are strting to click at there new home.... congrats excited

Our squad is a little more settled now so hopefully we can concentrate on stringing some results together. Back to Ampthill tonight in the Challenge Trophy - should be interesting. We were certainly not at our best the other week when Ampthill beat us 3 nil at our place in the league.

Good luck to your boys tonight against another one of my old clubs New Bradwell.

Correction of error in above post: In the next round of the competition Cranfield travel to Wellingborough Town on September the 20th. Winners playing Southend Manor or Royston (not Harpenden) away on 4th October.

Results 09/09/2008

F.A. Vase

0 6 Barking v Hanwell Town

Challenge Trophy

4 1 Broxbourne Borough v Tring Corinthians

Amersham Town v AFC Dunstable [ Postponed ]

Aylesbury Vale v Winslow United [ Postponed ]

1 3 Brache Sparta v Hoddesdon Town

1 0 Biggleswade United v Tokyngton Manor

3 2 Kingsbury London Tigers v Holmer Green

6 2 New Bradwell St Peter v Bedford

2 4 Buckingham Athletic v Colney Heath

1 4 Ampthill Town v Cranfield United

0 2 Berkhamsted Town v Brimsdown Rovers

3 0 Langford v Bletchley Town

Kings Langley v Leverstock Green [ Round 1 ] [ Postponed ]

Originally Posted By: bosman08

1 0 Biggleswade United v Tokyngton Manor
3 0 Langford v Bletchley Town

Bosman08 - Thanks for doing HTFCew's job for her again. Forget Hanwell Town, I make these the results of the night for Tokyngton Manor and Bletchley Town to only lose 1-0 and 3-0 respectively.

Tuesday 9th September

AMPTHILL TOWN 1 - CRANFIELD UNITED 4

Moulton SSML Challenge Trophy 1st Round

For the second time in four day Cranfield turned in a good solid all-round performance to secure victory in a keenly contested and passionate match.

Still smarting from their 0-3 home defeat against Ampthill in the league a couple of weeks back they were in no frame of mind to allow it to happen against and took the game to the home side from the kick off never allowing them to settle into their normal game.

Only the reflexes of keeper Vasquez prevented Martin Wells from opening the scoring with a header as early as the first minute. Ampthill nearly stole the lead in the 18th minute when Bryan Cumberbatch hit the outside of the Cranfield post but the breakthrough eventually came in the in the 30th minute when Jon Lewis deflected a low hard Dominic Lawless cross from the right into his own net. This goal had the effect of stepping up the tempo of the game and in the 43rd minute a wild lunge by Paul Lyon on Tom Barnett and a second yellow card saw the home reduced to 10 men.

Cranfield added their second goal in the 54th minute when a long Carl Sims throw in found the head of Martin Wells who was completely unmarked inside the six yard box. At that point Cranfield

Challenge Trophy

1 5 002 Arlesey Athletic v Biggleswade Town [ Round 1 ]

at Biggleswade Town FC J. Panconi M. Burton S. Beardon

0 1 003 Bedford Town Reserves v Tring Athletic [ Round 1 ] R. Hodges D. Carman T. Ratheram

3 1 007 Oxhey Jets v Harpenden Town [ Round 1 ] A. Aylott F. Grosso G. Starr

5 1 010 Kentish Town v Caddington [ Round 1 ] A. Farrelly S. Cudner P. Jago

1 0 011 Crawley Green v Welwyn Garden City [ Round 1 ] V. Sharan W. Zimunya A. Townsend

0 1 012 Wodson Park v London Colney [ Round 1 ] A. Stevens L. Jessup J. Feenstra

0 2 013 Hatfield Town v Cockfosters [ Round 1 ]

Interesting, I expected more from Oxhey.

Haringey Borough 1 Colney Heath 1, 'we' scored first but let them back into it

Prem Division

1 3 Berkhamsted Town v St Margaretsbury

4 4 Biggleswade Town v Kingsbury London Tigers

3 1 Broxbourne Borough v Hertford Town

2 6 Cockfosters v Kentish Town

1 1 Hanwell Town v Brimsdown Rovers

1 1 Haringey Borough v Colney Heath

1 1 Langford v Leverstock Green

3 1 Tring Athletic v Harefield United

1 2 Welwyn Garden City v Holmer Green

Division 1

1 5 Ampthill Town v London Colney

3 3 Arlesey Athletic v Harpenden Town

2 0 Bedford Town Reserves v Hatfield Town

1 1 Brache Sparta v Bedford

0 1 Buckingham Athletic v Kings Langley

1 1 Crawley Green v New Bradwell St Peter

0 2 Hoddesdon Town v Amersham Town

3 1 Sun Postal Sports v Stony Stratford Town

3 2 Tokyngton Manor v Cranfield United

1 4 Winslow United v Sport London e Benfica

Div 2

3 4 AFC Dunstable v Markyate

4 5 Bletchley Town v Risborough Rangers

3 2 Caddington v Mursley United

3 1 Old Bradwell United v Aston Clinton

0 2 Totternhoe v The 61 FC (Luton)

FA Cup

2 0 Aylesbury Vale v Downton

3 0 Boreham Wood v Biggleswade United

5 3 Chalfont St Peter v Gloucester City

1 5 Oxhey Jets v Dulwich Hamlet

2 4 Royston Town v Hendon

Yes me too expected Oxhey Jets to do more, they did well in getting that far, well done still some SSML presence in the next round.

What a win for Holmer Green takes them well up the table, drags Cockfosters down a bit which I didnt expect from them, also well done to Kentish Town great win, some people may thing I totally slate them all the time but I am able to praise people and clubs when they do well and so far they are doing brilliantly.

Neutral Fan also as well must be happy as some of the rivals dropped points.

Certainly am, a nice little 4-1 away win for us in the cup... topped off with a nice little overhead volley for yours truly! laugh