Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

4 1 Wodson Park v Caddington
Attendance 41

A serious anorak from another's Forum was at this one:

Wodson Park V Caddington Score:4-1 KO:1500 ATT:41 (I counted 33)
Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division 2
Cost: Free.
Progs available.
Weather: Sunny with cloudy spells. A bit cooler when sun went in & in breeze.

Ground:
8 lane running track with 12 floodlight pylons but no cover. Both ends & 1 side has grass banking. Main side has various other lanes like the long jump etc & also a wide path & behind this is the sports centre. You can stand closer to the action by crossing running track & stand by rail on main side or opposite is roped off. Behind 1 goal are 3 wooden benches although 1 was decorated in flowers etc as someone died on 1 May 2008 & we had a minutes silence before game.

Match: 6th v 12th out of 17.
1st chance to WP on 12mins with T.Hatherly slotting past GK, 1-0. A Waldren beat offside trap & shot past the GK in the corner of the goal on 37mins, 2-0. A powerful close range header on 40mins by J Friend, 3-0. The last 15mins of half saw WP on top & after the 3rd goal they should have added a couple more.
WP had chance within 30seconds of 2nd half & then another on 52mins when GK kicked ball to forward who shot wide from 20yards with an open goal. A break on the right saw C Massay shot going high & wide but it went thru GK's hands & it diverted into the net on 54mins, 3-1. Caddington then got on top for a while but only had 1 shot in this time. WP finished strongly although in the last half hour it got a bit confrontational. T Hatherly made it 4-1 on 82mins with a hard low shot from close range.

Round up:
Not a bad game with both teams having nothing to play for. I've seen better ref's this season. Both GK's were a bit dodgy. Pleased to visit this ground as they now move to Ware. We were told that the reason they're moving is because they cannot develop the ground.

0 1 Bucks Students Union v Tring Corinthians
Attendance 62

Another serious anorak from another's Forum was at this one:

SML2 - Newland Park : Bucks SU 0 Tring Corinthians 1
No admission charge; prog

Tonight's results:

Premier Division Cup Final

0 2 St Margaretsbury v Tring Athletic

Attendance 202

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1043

East Anglian Cup Semi Final

2 0 Tilbury v Royston Town

East Anglian Cup Semi Final
2 0 Tilbury v Royston Town

WTF??? Rhodes, I thought you was bashing some Tilbury fan on another thread saying he was dreaming if he thought they would beat Royston???

Results Tuesday 6 May

Division Two Cup Final

0 0 Hadley v Totternhoe

(aet, Hadley win 5-4 on penalties)

Attendance 179

North Beds Charity Cup Final

1 5 Langford v Stotfold

Attendance 156

Wycombe Senior Cup Semi Final

4 1 Chalfont St Peter v Bucks Students Union

Attendance 45

Results Wednesday 7 May

Beds FA Senior Cup Final

1 1 Dunstable Town v Biggleswade Town

(aet, Dunstable win 6-5 on penalties)

Attendance 222

South Midlands Reserve Floodlit Cup Semi Final

2 0 Stotfold Reserves v Royston Town Reserves

Beds FA Senior Cup Final
1 1 Dunstable Town v Biggleswade Town
(aet, Dunstable win 6-5 on penalties)
Attendance 222

An anorak was at the game, Wader must be disappointed Biggleswade couldn't cap a great campaign:

Biggleswade Town 1-1 Dunstable Town
aet Dunstable win 6-5 after 8 penalties each
Bedfordshire Senior Cup Final
Admission:

Hunts Premier Cup semi Final - St Ives Town 2-1 Langford

Very dubious last minute penalty won it for St Ives, but in the end, probably the correct result on chances and run of play. The St Ives crowd created an excellent atmosphere, probably the best I have come across in the UCL.

So, no silverware this year for Langford, but we have played some nice football, with a couple of notable victories along the way.

MIKO - Didn't St Ives Town get to the Fifth Round of the FA Vase this season so I guess it was always going to be a difficult draw for you, maybe at Forde Park it might have gone the other way.

Originally Posted By: blues06

Finished 4-1 to Broxbourne

Blues06 - Thats's right, were you there and what number was Onekeown, I gather he was playing. I thought a key moment was Broxbourne scoring bang on half time, if they hadn't then it might have been a different story in the second half although there is no doubt they were the better team on the night and played some very nice flowing football. The early goal in the second period was also key however if Royston had pulled one back then, rather than at 3-0, again, it may well have been a different kettle of fish. Craig Hammond seemed a little off colour but he was well chaperoned by your centre half who gave as good as he got which isn't easy against Craig. Nice to see Horace and HTFCew at the game, I half expected to see Football Man who I know always likes to be seen at various Cup Finals.

My days of playing are now up Rhodes, now take a different role at the club. The game for us was difficult for the first 20 mins and they started much better than us but for the the remaining 70 mins we were much the better side and deserved the win. Was funny to see their crowd disappear when our 3rd goal went in!

Well done OneKeown! Sorry I interrupted your pre-match pep talk with Wadey! Was good to see some old boys from Hertford winning something at last!

Spoke to someone I thought was The Watchful Listener after the game - he wasn't (or said he wasn't)! Royston didn't really turn up was his view. I think that, good side though they are, they got a taste of what the Premier Division has in store for them.

Managed to miss you last night Horace; spent too long talking to Brad Poole's parents I guess.

I actually thought Royston were a bit unlucky to lose as heavily as 4-1, as it was largely down to Obey in the Broxbourne goal that they didn't go in a couple of goals up at half time. Fully agree that Broxbourne deserved to win on their second half performance though.

I had heard very mixed reviews about the Borough keeper, but apart from picking the ball up outside the 18 yard box (could have got a red!) and dropping a couple of crosses under pressure, he was very sound last night.

From the few times I've seen him, he is definitely a Vampire!!

No problem Horace. Wadey needs TLC sometimes and that was one of those occassions. Happy to give it him this season as he has returned it with 41 goals.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Well done OneKeown! Sorry I interrupted your pre-match pep talk with Wadey! Was good to see some old boys from Hertford winning something at last!

Spoke to someone I thought was The Watchful Listener after the game - he wasn't (or said he wasn't)! Royston didn't really turn up was his view. I think that, good side though they are, they got a taste of what the Premier Division has in store for them.