Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Results Thread

Originally Posted By: NewBradwell
Actually the Missed penalty was in the 32nd Minute with the score at 1.1, The other two goals in the first half were both in the 38th minute.

See My version on the link below.

http://www.newbradwellstpeter.co.uk/page37.htm

Great report NB, the sort of detail you'd expect from someone who was actually there or paid attention. Thanks very much, nice to get something reliable for a change!

Originally Posted By: NewBradwell

Actually the Missed penalty was in the 32nd Minute with the score at 1.1, The other two goals in the first half were both in the 38th minute.

Yes that's true however we would have still gone in at the break ahead and that would have had a bearing on the result, reading your report and if I hadn't seen you with my own eyes on Saturday I would have said you were at a totally different game.

But you would, Rose tinted glasses and all that. If we deserve to lose I say so, if we play bad i say so. If we win a game comfortably again I say so. If the penalty had gone in it could have been a different game but as it was not we will never know the same as our 3 gilt edged chances before we did score could have changed things. In that case we should deal what did happen rather what if's.

Originally Posted By: bosman08
Some very unexpected results in Div 1 also

Saturday, 08 August 2009
P AFC Dunstable v Winslow United [ Postponed ]
0 1 Amersham Town v Harpenden Town
0 2 Brache Sparta Community v Hadley
6 1 Buckingham Athletic v Sport London e Benfica
1 1 Cranfield United v Hoddesdon Town
4 3 Holmer Green v Bedford Town Reserves
1 3 Kings Langley v Ampthill Town
0 1 London Colney v Bedford
4 1 Stony Stratford Town v Cockfosters
0 1 Sun Postal Sports v Crawley Green
2 4 Tokyngton Manor v New Bradwell St Peter

I wasnt at Hoddesdons opening game but im told it was a poor performance from us and we stole a point at the death. Cranfield were good value for all three points apparently so it seems we got away with murder at the weekend.

On a side note, I see we have signed Richard Howard (again) from Colney Heath. Must be his 3rd or 4th spell with us now!! I just hope he still has the legs these days to push us up the league this year!! Still a good player in my opinion, mainly due to his intelligence off the ball but i'll reserve judgement until I see him in the flesh.

I wonder if any other old boys will be returning to Lowfield.

NF?

I'm struggling to play for anyone at the moment Jonno! Just waiting for an appointment with a consultant surgeon over a neck issue so not looking great at the moment!!!

Saw Richie a couple of weeks ago, I suspect he has signed on help out when needed basis? I think he still occasionally reads the forum so won't comment on how big he looked... whoops wink

Not a result involving the SSML however there may be some interest in the friendly Biggleswade Town 4 Southill Alexander 2.

Colney Heath 2 Broxbourne Borough 1

Dunstable Town 3 Biggleswade United 2

Royston Town 3 Kingsbury London Tigers 0

Originally Posted By: zezi

Hmm chalfont have lost there first 2 games! Whats happened over there then?

Zezi - I know you had next Saturday in the back of your mind when you made that post however Aylesbury FC are going to raise a lot of eyebrows this season.

Originally Posted By: zezi
Was definately in the back of my mind Rhodesy, im trying to get the day off work, to go see the game on saturday!

well if you cant make it, no doubt you can put a report on here, from your 'reliable source'