Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Quite a bit about Royston Town in the Royston Crow today ahead of Saturday's eagerly awaited FA Cup tie with Hendon:

http://www.royston-crow.co.uk/content/crow/sport/default.aspx

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
The Watchfull Listener - So are you Dave Chappell, yes or no.

I rest my case.
So who will be at Garden Walk this afternoon then for the match of the round.

I think you need to pick up the case again!

Despite having seen a fine display in the last round, we won't be at Garden Walk today but I wish good luck to the Crows. Our planned FA Cup action is a little closer to home this afternoon.

I understand that sadly Royston went down 4-2 today but it seems like they put up a decent fight

First half today I thought we controlled without playing particularly well, although 3-0 was probably a little harsh on Royston. Our keeper didn't have a save to make in the first half.

After we went 4-0 ahead, there was only one team looking like scoring - and that was Royston. First goal was a rather bizarre own goal, but their second was an absolute cracker from Luke Robins - who was the man of the match by an absolute mile.

Thoroughly deserved red card for us towards the end for a very nasty looking challenge on Lewis Endacott - hope that there is no serious damage there.

What did surprise us was that Royston went 4-5-1 in the first half, and left out both Craig Hammond and Ryan Lockett - Hammond coming on at half-time when Royston reverted to 4-4-2, and looked far more dangerous as a result whilst we decided to put in our worst performance of the season!

First time I've been to Royston's ground - nice set up, and apart from the half dozen teenage chavs who failed miserably in taunting us in the second half - very friendly people.

All the best to Royston for the rest of the season.

Originally Posted By: blowingbubbles
thought u was attending rhodes?

Yes, very much wanted to attend but couldn't get away from North London that early and ended up going to nearby Cockfosters to watch Kentish Town. Do we know what the attendance was and was it anywhere near my 500 prediction.

Originally Posted By: blowingbubbles
yes true Rhodes, first half Hedon deserved a lead but whether or not by 3 is argueable. Second half royston gave it their all and cud ave had more possibly

Blowingbubbles - How come you swerved Cambridge United v Torquay yesterday to go to Garden Walk, I thought you were an avid U's fan.

A comprehensive report on the Hendon game from the Royston Crow:

I see that Royston Town are all over the Royston Crow like a rash again following their victory at Southend Manor in the FA Vase:

Well, I've got to say how impressed I was with Royston last night in their 8-0 win over Sun Postal last night. They were simply awesome, it's the first time I seen them this season & if they don't get promotion this season I'll be very surprised. Quality football at a very high tempo, with a great emphasis on workrate too. Two of their goals came through pressuring the defence into mistakes !

They were solid at the back, pacy upfront & in Luke robins they have a winger capable of playing much higher in the pyramid. I know Craig Hammond got a hat-trick & he tends to get alot of the plaudits, but Royston are a very good TEAM !

The strange thing was, that Sun Postal weren't even that bad at first, they just got demoralised by the sheer intensity & pace in the end.

There is already a report of Tuesday's rout in the on-line version of the Royston Crow:

• 4 weeks later...

I see that Royston Town are all over the Royston Crow like a rash including a report from last Saturday's win at Cranfield United. Blowingbubbles and Dave Chappell both seem to have done a disappearing act:

Dave - What do you think of the Challenge Trophy draw, will you be seeking sweet revenge for the 1-0 defeat at the Copthall Stadium last season, Paul Attfield will be delighted not to have Hector Varela's tactical brilliance to worry about this time.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Dave - What do you think of the Challenge Trophy draw, will you be seeking sweet revenge for the 1-0 defeat at the Copthall Stadium last season, Paul Attfield will be delighted not to have Hector Varela's tactical brilliance to worry about this time.

he's not there this season and look at them their flying,dont
get me wrong hector was a really good coach but KTFC are doing just fine although they will miss his tactical brain Paul Attfield
knows KTFC are a good team with or without hector.

Originally Posted By: Tommy K
Paul Attfield knows KTFC are a good team with or without hector.

TommyK - I'm not so sure, personally I reckon Paul Attfield knows that Hector has severed ties with Kentish Town, he's no fool and must think all his Christmas's have come at once. If you cast your mind back to Wednesday 12 March Royston thought they only needed to turn up to win despite having a weakened team, Hector masterminded the 1-0 win as, if you recall, 'your friend' Clement was in Nigeria being interviewed for their National Coach vacancy.