Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: thespursfan
nice too see everyone is keeping an eye on this old forum, and popping back just to talk about rhodes.

you know it makes sense.

did an all posters bulletin go up on the new forum?

No. I have this scary compulsion to have a look now and then! I thought had noticed a growing tendency for you not to automatically side with the "great" man, but I see that it was just an illusion - you clearly continue to keep a watchful eye over him!

sorry horace! you and nf on one thread and two and two becomes five, standard accounting procedures!

By a strange co-incidence I'm just off to a meeting at which Buntingford Town will be in attendance. I'll ask them for the definitive story on the name of their ground!

Originally Posted By: sjj2112
Not yet! smile

Lol - Sjj2112 hasn't even been to Buntingford Town, that really takes the buscuit.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Not yet! smile

Lol - Sjj2112 hasn't even been to Buntingford Town, that really takes the buscuit.

You really are losing it Rhodes. There are 1000's of grounds I haven't been to. You may even have been to some that I haven't. So what!

I assume this is your way of diverting the topic away from the fact that you have been proved wrong.....

...and what the hell is a buscuit?!

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
For the past 3 months all the SSML people who used to post on here have been elsewhere, predicting and posting to our hearts content, and a very happy place it is too.

The new forum up until now has been register only to read and post, and new members are vetted and have to be voted in. Part of it though has now been made open to all, so if you want to see (part) of what you are missing, go to

http://ssml.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Sjj2112 - Just a suggestion but you might feel more at home posting on the new SSML Forum along with the likes of Horace, HTFCew and Football Man, you've never really felt that comfortable on this one have you as you take yourself far too seriously and take it personally if someone disagrees with you.

Originally Posted By: NeutralFan
that seems a likely explanation, have you not been there steve?

I have, 'The Bury' is a lovely ground and clubhouse. Slightly dodgy walk down to the pitch though if I remember rightly.

Tis indeed NF, a very good test of the calf muscles, that slope !
Many a time I nearly went A over T there, but somehow I managed to keep upright !!!

If they could get Floodlights, that would be one helluva lovely ground. Sadly the current committee did not either have the funds nor the ambition to match Paul Attfield's.
Still a nice friendly club though, but not one that will rise above the HSCL.

Originally Posted By: Horace

By a strange co-incidence I'm just off to a meeting at which Buntingford Town will be in attendance.

Horace - So you're still involved in football then, I thought you were disolusioned following events at Hertford Town and were taking a break from the game.

Originally Posted By: Horace

By a strange co-incidence I'm just off to a meeting at which Buntingford Town will be in attendance.

Horace - So you're still involved in football then, I thought you were disolusioned following events at Hertford Town and were taking a break from the game.

I never used the term "disillusioned" - you coined that, as you do. For the record, the secretary of Buntingford Town assured me that their ground was called "The Bury" and was not on Layston Gardens.

Sjj2112 - Just a suggestion but you might feel more at home posting on the new SSML Forum along with the likes of Horace, HTFCew and Football Man, you've never really felt that comfortable on this one have you as you take yourself far too seriously and take it personally if someone disagrees with you.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

And yet again you veer off the subject. To remind you - the subject was how you had been shown to have been wrong.

Sjj2112 - I'm fully aware of what the subject was however I don't believe for one minute that I was wrong, why don't we simply agree to disagree as this Forum is all about opinions and members beliefs at the end of the day.

Sjj2112 - I'm fully aware of what the subject was however I don't believe for one minute that I was wrong, why don't we simply agree to disagree as this Forum is all about opinions and members beliefs at the end of the day.

But apparently not facts.

Royston Town are a one player team, that is a fact!

Royston Town are a one player team, that is a fact!

I think you'll find that that is an opinion.

Blowingbubbles - It's not disrespectful in the slightest, the rest of the team will be the first to admit that without Hammond Royston will always be bridesmaid and never the bride such as Hoddesdon Town and New Bradwell St Peter for example, they are top goalscorers in Division 1 afterall. Will you be at Garden Walk tomorrow or are you off to Kidderminster.

Out of curiosity I have just been looking at the stats on Royston Town's website.

They have played 14 league games this year and Craig Hammond has scored in only 5 of them. He has managed only 14 of the 44 league goals they have scored.

Perhaps most tellingly is that if you were to discount all of his goals and assume that everything else remained equal they would only be 4 points worse off in the league, dropping them to third with games in hand instead of second.

Based on this Rhodes do you want to explain in more detail how exactly Royston are a one man team who can't achieve anything without Craig Hammond?

I await your answer, but suspect I won't get one.